American Sports Thread

Started by magickingdom, October 28, 2007, 06:02:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syferus

Quote from: AZOffaly on April 27, 2018, 02:50:35 PM
Quote from: Syferus on April 27, 2018, 02:21:14 PM
Quote from: AZOffaly on April 27, 2018, 12:51:10 PM
Goodell is a pantomime villain, he's absolutely hated by some people, and others just love to give him grief. He's seen as unfair, inconsistent, and his punishments seem to be driven by public outcry rather than any sort of standard.

I think everyone bar the owners hate him at this stage. And even Jerry Jones (a true expert on d**kheads) would rather get rid of him in that group of old, white money grabbers.

Factually correct :)

Although some* of them are not white,  they are all money grabbers :)

* = 1

What do you make of Rosen, AZ? Looks like a cocky bastárd and he's surely going to sit behind Bradford until Big Sam breaks a leg playing chess or something. Being mature enough to use that time to get better and not sulk will probably define if he's a bust or not imho.

AZOffaly

Quote from: Syferus on April 27, 2018, 05:18:37 PM
Goodell is a pantomime villain, he's absolutely hated by some people, and others just love to give him grief. He's seen as unfair, inconsistent, and his punishments seem to be driven by public outcry rather than any sort of standard.

I think everyone bar the owners hate him at this stage. And even Jerry Jones (a true expert on d**kheads) would rather get rid of him in that group of old, white money grabbers.

* = 1

What do you make of Rosen, AZ? Looks like a cocky bastárd and he's surely going to sit behind Bradford until Big Sam breaks a leg playing chess or something. Being mature enough to use that time to get better and not sulk will probably define if he's a bust or not imho.

That's it in a nutshell.

I love him as a passer, and the way he throws. He's probably the best pocket passer in the draft. He's mobile, but not a runner. He can step up in the pocket, but I wouldn't expect him to run 15 yards.

He's been injury prone as well, so that'a concern, especially the way the Cardinals OLine has behaved.

All in all I'm happy with him, but he has to listen, learn and improve. If his attitude stinks, he'll be out of there.

To be honest, if Sam Bradford stays healthy, he's probably a very similar player!

Gmac

Quote from: AZOffaly on April 27, 2018, 05:25:14 PM

* = 1

That's it in a nutshell.

I love him as a passer, and the way he throws. He's probably the best pocket passer in the draft. He's mobile, but not a runner. He can step up in the pocket, but I wouldn't expect him to run 15 yards.

He's been injury prone as well, so that'a concern, especially the way the Cardinals OLine has behaved.

All in all I'm happy with him, but he has to listen, learn and improve. If his attitude stinks, he'll be out of there.

To be honest, if Sam Bradford stays healthy, he's probably a very similar player!
rosen doing too much talking needs to stay down and get a couple of snaps before he pipes up, also why is the poster bringing  the color of the owners  up ? Would it be ok to say if the owners were all black ? Jags owner not white btw

Syferus

Quote from: Gmac on April 27, 2018, 06:57:04 PM
Quote from: AZOffaly on April 27, 2018, 05:25:14 PM

* = 1

That's it in a nutshell.

rosen doing too much talking needs to stay down and get a couple of snaps before he pipes up, also why is the poster bringing  the color of the owners  up ? Would it be ok to say if the owners were all black ? Jags owner not white btw

You just quoted a post that explained exactly now many of them are not white. This is not a complex issue.

The owners of NFL teams are nearly totally old, rich white people mostly divorced from reality in a way only old rich white people can be. Unless you're one of those people who want to pretend the role race plays in the US, and particularly the NFL recently, is not hugely significant?

Gmac

There are only 32 of these cash cows and people tend to keep them in the family
So when one comes up for sale like the panthers will why don't a minority group get together and buy it the nfl only sees one color $,  otherwise what do u think should happen affirmative action for nfl owners. Btw  think chargers owner is a Latino guy

Syferus

Quote from: Gmac on April 27, 2018, 07:12:17 PM
There are only 32 of these cash cows and people tend to keep them in the family
So when one comes up for sale like the panthers will why don't a minority group get together and buy it the nfl only sees one color $,  otherwise what do u think should happen affirmative action for nfl owners. Btw  think chargers owner is a Latino guy

Dean Spanos practically radiates colour alight:

It just happens that colour is white. His family is Greek. We're not getting into family trees here.

Gabriel_Hurl

Shaquem Griffin will join his brother on the Seahawks - drafted in the 5th round

Asal Mor

Those highlight packages you can watch on YouTube that show all the baskets from open play one after the other, are a thing of beauty and if you have the game recorded you can switch to that for the last few minutes in a tight finish.

The Warriors were stunning without Curry last night and it sounds like he's nearly ready to go when they really need him.

Minder

Quote from: Asal Mor on April 29, 2018, 07:57:56 AM
Those highlight packages you can watch on YouTube that show all the baskets from open play one after the other, are a thing of beauty and if you have the game recorded you can switch to that for the last few minutes in a tight finish.

The Warriors were stunning without Curry last night and it sounds like he's nearly ready to go when they really need him.

Curry seems fine
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Minder

So Matt Ryan getting $100m guaranteed from Falcons, you would assume that will be Rodgers starting point. He could probably push for $130m +

gallsman

LeBron went off last night with some great support from Love. The fadeaways he was making were crazy. If he can do that and love can actually contribute like he did last night they could still make the finals.

screenexile

Quote from: gallsman on May 04, 2018, 08:08:10 AM
LeBron went off last night with some great support from Love. The fadeaways he was making were crazy. If he can do that and love can actually contribute like he did last night they could still make the finals.

Toronto need some big performances or their goose is cooked. They started well last night but when they seemed to have the Cavs on the rack they couldn't make their 9pt lead into 11/13/15 which they needed to do.

Minder

The Cavs supporting cast just isn't consistent enough to win it all, I can see them in the Finals but not winning it

The Iceman

LeBron is dragging the Cavs there by sheer will - what a game last night he had.  I had forgotten Love was even on the team but he showed up last night.

Missed the second half of the Celtics game but see another win ground out over the 76'ers in a game everyone in the commentary booth were certain Philadelphia were going to win.  Regardless of what happens, what they've done in the playoffs without Irving has been great to watch. Brown was visibly in pain in the first half I'd be surprised to see him play again.
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

gallsman

Brown missed a 3 and dunked within about 30 seconds of checking in and it was clear the hamstring was really bothering him. Surprised he played as long as he did