Would a GAA County Team Reciprocate Liverpool FC's Dunboyne Jersey Gesture?

Started by IolarCoisCuain, April 28, 2018, 05:13:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Would a GAA County Team Reciprocate Liverpool FC's gesture of hanging a Dunboyne jersey in their dressing room in reversed circumstances?

Of course
7 (9.6%)
Never
11 (15.1%)
How is this even a question?
33 (45.2%)
Cahill Must Go
22 (30.1%)

Total Members Voted: 73

rosnarun

Quote from: Farrandeelin on April 30, 2018, 12:14:50 PM
Quote from: LeoMc on April 30, 2018, 09:38:39 AM
I would like to think that the next time the Chairman of Liverpool is stabbed at a Dunboyne match the Rovers would make some acknowledgement of LFC  in their dressing room.
This. Which is why I voted Cahill has to go.
sums it up lovely
anyway is hanging a jersey up on a peg that big a gesture when the poor man is in danger of losing his life because of the violence that has long surrounded soccer in general and Liverpool in particular.
Or maybe it was the cops fault again
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

westbound

Quote from: rosnarun on April 30, 2018, 02:40:05 PM
Quote from: Farrandeelin on April 30, 2018, 12:14:50 PM
I would like to think that the next time the Chairman of Liverpool is stabbed at a Dunboyne match the Rovers would make some acknowledgement of LFC  in their dressing room.
This. Which is why I voted Cahill has to go.
sums it up lovely
anyway is hanging a jersey up on a peg that big a gesture when the poor man is in danger of losing his life because of the violence that has long surrounded soccer in general and Liverpool in particular.
Or maybe it was the cops fault again

No need for that dig. It's in bad taste IMO.

Rufus T Firefly

Quote from: rosnarun on April 30, 2018, 02:40:05 PM

Just a personal opinion, but I thought it was a lovely gesture. Leo Mc's post though underlines the stupidity of Des's question which is why I voted for Option 3.

I honestly struggle to understand what his rationale / thinking was for asking such a question, bar that he has it in in some way for the GAA. 

Jinxy

Quote from: haranguerer on April 30, 2018, 11:21:27 AM

Almost precisely (i don't think he was stabbed, was he?)

Also, who are 'the Rovers'?
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Gmac

If u read a lot of his tweets u will find he's far from the sharpest

LeoMc

Quote from: Jinxy on April 30, 2018, 03:13:25 PM
Quote from: haranguerer on April 30, 2018, 11:21:27 AM

Almost precisely (i don't think he was stabbed, was he?)

Also, who are 'the Rovers'?
I had it in my head that it was Dunboyne Rovers and I followed the long Journalistic tradition of not checking my facts before posting.   ;)

Jinxy

Another bugbear of mine is the use of the word 'classy' in clickbait headlines.
'Such and such makes a classy gesture' etc.
Fair dues to Henderson for sending the letter though, I think it's a nice touch.

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: Jinxy on May 01, 2018, 11:46:45 AM
Another bugbear of mine is the use of the word 'classy' in clickbait headlines.
'Such and such makes a classy gesture' etc.
Fair dues to Henderson for sending the letter though, I think it's a nice touch.

It is. It's very classy!!

Jinxy

seafoid

Henderson wrote that putting the jersey in the dressing room was a sophisticated gesture.
That was a strange word to use. But it was classy.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

AZOffaly

Quote from: seafoid on May 01, 2018, 03:35:07 PM
Henderson wrote that putting the jersey in the dressing room was a sophisticated gesture.

Where did he say it was sophisticated?  I saw the letter and he says it was a small gesture, and subtle.

seafoid

Quote from: AZOffaly on May 01, 2018, 04:01:28 PM

Where did he say it was sophisticated?  I saw the letter and he says it was a small gesture, and subtle.
sorry, he did say subtle. Why did he say it was subtle? I thought it was a strange choice of word
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

AZOffaly

Quote from: seafoid on May 01, 2018, 04:47:55 PM

sorry, he did say subtle. Why did he say it was subtle? I thought it was a strange choice of word

Subtle as in understated and simple I suppose. Like it was just a small thing, not a big in your face gesture.

Jinxy

Quote from: seafoid on May 01, 2018, 04:47:55 PM

You didn't even know what the word was.