Maigh Eo v Dubh Linn, 24-Fea-2018, Páirc Mhic Éil

Started by macdanger2, February 20, 2018, 11:59:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crete Boom

Quote from: Dire Ear on February 21, 2018, 11:26:37 AM
Dubs by 8

Yeah something like that if the pitch isn't a total bog!! If the pitch plays very heavy then I would cut that margin to 3 or 4 points!!

Blowitupref

Mayo 0-7 Dublin 0-9 in the last meeting in MacHale Park.

Robbie Hennelly
Brendan Harrison, Ger Cafferkey, Caolan Crowe
Donal Vaughan, Colm Boyle, Shane Nally
Tom Parsons, Michael Hall
Conor O'Shea, Aidan O'Shea, Diarmuid O'Connor
Evan Regan  Jason Doherty, Mikey Sweeney

And as you can see Mayo had what about 7 first choice players starting? its February and a league game i don't think its necessary that Mayo need to play the poor mouth.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Cunny Funt

Quote from: Blowitupref on February 21, 2018, 04:08:38 PM
Mayo 0-7 Dublin 0-9 in the last meeting in MacHale Park.

Robbie Hennelly
Brendan Harrison, Ger Cafferkey, Caolan Crowe
Donal Vaughan, Colm Boyle, Shane Nally
Tom Parsons, Michael Hall
Conor O’Shea, Aidan O’Shea, Diarmuid O’Connor
Evan Regan  Jason Doherty, Mikey Sweeney

And as you can see Mayo had what about 7 first choice players starting? its February and a league game i don't think its necessary that Mayo need to play the poor mouth.

Yes that game was far from a formality for Dublin to win and Mayo will likely have stronger 15 out this Saturday night.

IolarCoisCuain

Quote from: rosnarun on February 21, 2018, 03:45:13 PM
Quote from: Lar Naparka on February 21, 2018, 02:00:56 PM
Quote from: Hound on February 21, 2018, 01:45:17 PM
Quote from: From the Bunker on February 21, 2018, 01:13:18 PM
Mayo's post-2012 record against them –  P12 W0 D3 L9!
I remember a league game where some full forward destroyed us down in Castlebar. Was it 1-12 to 0-3 or something. First name Austin I think. Remember reading a comment by a Dub who was at it that this guy was one of the best forwards he'd ever seen. But obviously didnt come to much.  I was going to say it was 7 or 8 years ago, but my concept of time is brutal these days. Might have the 90s!

No it was the noughties. Austin O'Malley is the man you are talking about. He was a classy footballer alright but he found it hard to keep his weight down.He may well have dropped out of scene because he was injury prone. He also worked in Wicklow  and the time spent travelling over and back between Mayo and Wicklow may have been a factor inn his decision to leave the panel. On his day, he was brilliant, without a  doubt.

(PS WTF is a spoon burner?)
he played for wicklow  for the last couple of years .
I remember hime being man of the match against Kerry in an allireland Quarter final (mayos MOM anyway scored 5 from play IIRC).
he was the most untrusted thing in mayo football a scoring forward  like Maurice Sheridan or conor Mortimer  , we cant be doing with that likes of that

That was in 2005. 14 out of 15 Kerrymen scored on the day. Everyone bar the goalkeeper. John Maughan's last game as Mayo manager.

IolarCoisCuain

God leave you your innocence Lar. A spoon burner is a heroin addict. Heroin is a powder. It's heated on a spoon with a lighter prior to its being either inhaled or dissolved in water and then injected. Not something I'd recommend.

The state's failure to address how heroin has crippled generations in parts of Dublin is a shame and a disgrace. Didn't read Philly McMahon's book and have no plans to. He's a bit of a buck on the field but so are lots of others. I wouldn't have a problem with him and if I were picking a team he'd be on it. He's a man on whom you can count.

rosnarun

Quote from: Crete Boom on February 21, 2018, 04:01:46 PM
I remember a league game where some full forward destroyed us down in Castlebar. Was it 1-12 to 0-3 or something. First name Austin I think. Remember reading a comment by a Dub who was at it that this guy was one of the best forwards he'd ever seen. But obviously didnt come to much.  I was going to say it was 7 or 8 years ago, but my concept of time is brutal these days. Might have the 90s!

No it was the noughties. Austin O'Malley is the man you are talking about. He was a classy footballer alright but he found it hard to keep his weight down.He may well have dropped out of scene because he was injury prone. He also worked in Wicklow  and the time spent travelling over and back between Mayo and Wicklow may have been a factor inn his decision to leave the panel. On his day, he was brilliant, without a  doubt.

I remember hime being man of the match against Kerry in an allireland Quarter final (mayos MOM anyway scored 5 from play IIRC).
he was the most untrusted thing in mayo football a scoring forward  like Maurice Sheridan or conor Mortimer  , we cant be doing with that likes of that

You were hardly his greatest fan either Ros same as your clubman JM!!
well remembered
it was his total lack of contribution that got me . he was grand if some one handed him the ball in a good position other  wise was just taking up a jersey. which was a shame as he had 2 very accurate feet andwas an honest player but just did not cut the mustard and was definitely not the second coming of Christ as proclaimed by many at the time,
I heard he failed a trial with Laherdane last year

I see Liam Irwin Is gone to London ,  A big loss for breaffy not so sure about Mayo
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

tonto1888

Quote from: IolarCoisCuain on February 21, 2018, 09:18:15 PM

God leave you your innocence Lar. A spoon burner is a heroin addict. Heroin is a powder. It's heated on a spoon with a lighter prior to its being either inhaled or dissolved in water and then injected. Not something I'd recommend.

The state's failure to address how heroin has crippled generations in parts of Dublin is a shame and a disgrace. Didn't read Philly McMahon's book and have no plans to. He's a bit of a buck on the field but so are lots of others. I wouldn't have a problem with him and if I were picking a team he'd be on it. He's a man on whom you can count.

the book is worth a read regardless of how you feel about McMahon

Maroon Manc

I've seen McMahon interviewed twice on the TV, he may well have an interesting story to tell but he's hardly oozing charisma, the opposite is the reality.

omagh_gael

There'll be no wet sod around this weekend. A great dry spell coming up over the weekend and into next week. It'll be very cold this weekend so don't forget the thermals.

Cunny Funt

Quote from: omagh_gael on February 22, 2018, 01:27:01 PM
There'll be no wet sod around this weekend. A great dry spell coming up over the weekend and into next week. It'll be very cold this weekend so don't forget the thermals.
Frozen pitches are a possibility for this weekend games.

Syferus

blast05

Quote from: Syferus on February 22, 2018, 04:09:43 PM
More like frozen lakes when it comes to McHale..

How's that massively expensive new Hyde pitch behaving itself ....... where a couple of weeks ago (Ros v Down) it wasn't able to handle a double header meaning Ros ladies v Meath was moved....

blast05

Quote from: IolarCoisCuain on February 21, 2018, 09:13:14 PM

That was in 2005. 14 out of 15 Kerrymen scored on the day. Everyone bar the goalkeeper. John Maughan's last game as Mayo manager.

Perhaps they did but ironically the umpires waved the flags more times for Mayo that day than Kerry ..... 2-15 to 0-18.
That was a superb Kerry team and it was one of the better Mayo performances in Croke Park in the noughties.

Syferus

Quote from: blast05 on February 22, 2018, 08:26:49 PM

How's that massively expensive new Hyde pitch behaving itself ....... where a couple of weeks ago (Ros v Down) it wasn't able to handle a double header meaning Ros ladies v Meath was moved....

The pitch was so rock solid (after a week of showers) for the FBD final that the ball bounced over a Galway back to Enda, leading to a goal for us.

The worm has turned and it's yer pitch that's the provincial embarrassment..

mrhardyannual

Quote from: Syferus on February 22, 2018, 08:32:16 PM
Quote from: blast05 on February 22, 2018, 08:26:49 PM

The pitch was so rock solid (after a week of showers) for the FBD final that the ball bounced over a Galway back to Enda, leading to a goal for us.

The worm has turned and it's yer pitch that's the provincial embarrassment..
I suppose it's too much to expect an expression of gratitude to Connacht Council and it's visionary Secretary for funding and guiding the pitch redevelopment :P :P :P