The Many Faces of US Politics...

Started by Tyrones own, March 20, 2009, 09:29:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dolph1

Quote from: whitey on January 04, 2019, 05:43:58 PM
Quote from: J70 on January 04, 2019, 05:24:18 PM
Quote from: whitey on January 04, 2019, 03:33:32 PM
Quote from: easytiger95 on January 04, 2019, 03:24:10 PM
People need to realise what free speech and the first amendment actually mean - Facebook, Twitter, Instagram etc are all private, commercial forums, subject to user agreement. Their owners have every right under the American Constitution to censor what goes on their own, commercial platforms.

Now, if you wanted to guarantee free speech on these platforms, under the Constitution, you would have to nationalise these platforms. Which is a policy I would support, and, coincidentally, it is really hilarious to see right wing, small government, libertarians being forced to use this argument, thus essentially nullifying their world view of "government - bad! Market - good!"

So, as you can see Dolph, Whitey et al, the "speech police" are actually mall cops. Perhaps you should change where you shop.

These are publicly traded companies that should be enforcing their standards uniformly. What's good for the left should be good for the right. Their "enforcement" seems to be very one sided and overly restrictive on points of view that are right leaning.In time these platforms will evolve and maybe even face competition from other sources. Eg I now use Twitter much more than Facebook

I presume there's evidence of the one-sided enforcement?

If you count the opinions of  100 Facebook employees, I would say yes

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/08/28/technology/inside-facebook-employees-political-bias.html

Watch how thrilled Google execs were in 2016 at the election result. No bias there :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZEj98mdBOBw
Trump 2020. Making America Greater Again

whitey

Quote from: J70 on January 04, 2019, 06:19:44 PM
Quote from: whitey on January 04, 2019, 05:34:19 PM
Quote from: J70 on January 04, 2019, 05:21:39 PM
Quote from: whitey on January 04, 2019, 01:38:55 PM
Quote from: J70 on January 04, 2019, 11:36:21 AM
Quote from: Dolph1 on January 04, 2019, 11:15:13 AM
Quote from: J70 on January 04, 2019, 11:11:48 AM
No, I answered all right.

Not my problem if you've got intellectual issues, whether genuine or dishonest.
[/quote

Given your interpretation of politics I'm not surprised that you don't want to answer a straightforward question. It's a bit like your bathroom policies ;)

You see, this is why the likes of Eamonn are trying to get you banned again. You've no interest in honest discourse. You're just a troll.

Or maybe just incredibly thick, but the former is more likely  ;D

But once again, for the idiots in the room, banning the words themselves... wrong and stupid.
The overall meme... I'm not sure. It's childish and stupid and easily argued against, but a lot of people seem to like, and find convincing, that level of argument, including Trump and, evidently, yourself.

So that's twice I've explained it. Perhaps I'm the bigger idiot for engaging you, for now.

So how come we never hear about childish and stupid posts about Trump getting banned?

Whitey... always trying to cast conservatives and the GOP as victims of a horrible, biased society and press...

I don't know - there's tonnes of similar memes to Trump about Obama and other Democrats. Were THEY banned?

Perhaps Facebook is finally trying to clean up their act. Perhaps this was done by one overzealous moderator. We don't even know how true this damn story is.

I don't have a f**king clue.

I'm not the one always making grand, definitive, pronouncements about supposed bias in the press (assuming you're lumping FB in with them). That would be YOU.

Yes Me (and the editor of The NY Times )

A bit of a shame that she's hit back at the Fox story.

"His article is an attempt to Foxify my book, which is full of praise for The Times and The Washington Post and their coverage of Trump,"

https://www.apnews.com/996be609a01c481798eea78a94a1c98d

But I guess that's just even more evidence of liberal bias against conservatives to you.

LOL

Kinda like the time the Democrats had to walk back Bill Clinton's comments on Obamacare

I will be interested though to see what the full context is

J70

Quote from: Dolph1 on January 04, 2019, 06:24:13 PM
Quote from: whitey on January 04, 2019, 05:43:58 PM
Quote from: J70 on January 04, 2019, 05:24:18 PM
Quote from: whitey on January 04, 2019, 03:33:32 PM
Quote from: easytiger95 on January 04, 2019, 03:24:10 PM
People need to realise what free speech and the first amendment actually mean - Facebook, Twitter, Instagram etc are all private, commercial forums, subject to user agreement. Their owners have every right under the American Constitution to censor what goes on their own, commercial platforms.

Now, if you wanted to guarantee free speech on these platforms, under the Constitution, you would have to nationalise these platforms. Which is a policy I would support, and, coincidentally, it is really hilarious to see right wing, small government, libertarians being forced to use this argument, thus essentially nullifying their world view of "government - bad! Market - good!"

So, as you can see Dolph, Whitey et al, the "speech police" are actually mall cops. Perhaps you should change where you shop.

These are publicly traded companies that should be enforcing their standards uniformly. What's good for the left should be good for the right. Their "enforcement" seems to be very one sided and overly restrictive on points of view that are right leaning.In time these platforms will evolve and maybe even face competition from other sources. Eg I now use Twitter much more than Facebook

I presume there's evidence of the one-sided enforcement?

If you count the opinions of  100 Facebook employees, I would say yes

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/08/28/technology/inside-facebook-employees-political-bias.html

Watch how thrilled Google execs were in 2016 at the election result. No bias there :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZEj98mdBOBw

One has to wonder how you poor, persecuted souls find your way around the internet when everything is biased against you and nothing you are looking for will show up on any of the search engines?

Gmac

NIce lady Michigan elected to Congress fits in nicely with Antifa and the rest of the scum that the democrats are attracting these days .

heganboy

Gmac

Impeach the motherf**ker offends you?

And so do anti fascists?

Seriously?
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

J70

Surely it's just "locker room talk"??

Poor Gmac.

Now the GOP will have no choice but to get down in the dirt and fight fire with fire by allying themselves to foul-mouthed, lying, corrupt, misogynistic, racist, xenophobes.

Oh wait...

J70

Maybe they can unearth another shocking video of Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez dancing on a roof top in college.

That'll show 'em!

Gmac

Quote from: J70 on January 04, 2019, 09:18:18 PM
Maybe they can unearth another shocking video of Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez dancing on a roof top in college.

That'll show 'em!
i heard her talking about a new tax plan today if I was her I'd stick to the dancing

Dolph1

Quote from: J70 on January 04, 2019, 09:15:44 PM

Poor Gmac.

Now the GOP will have no choice but to get down in the dirt and fight fire with fire by allying themselves to foul-mouthed, lying, corrupt, misogynistic, racist, xenophobes.

Oh wait...

That sounds like Keith Ellison. I think he's the Democrat vice chairman chairperson.

Still waiting for anyone in his party to condemn his actions or the #metoo movement to call him to account.

J70

Quote from: Gmac on January 04, 2019, 09:22:34 PM

That'll show 'em!
i heard her talking about a new tax plan today if I was her I'd stick to the dancing

It's quite amusing to see the right wing so threatened by a young, inexperienced, freshman Congresswoman from the Bronx/Queens who has just about zero influence with the Democratic leadership at this point.

Creep shot photos of her from behind, dancing videos, trawling her high school yearbook and making a big deal out of her nickname of "Sandy" back then...

Dolph1

That'll show 'em!

Never forget her brilliance when it comes to finance

"Unemployment Is Low Because Everyone Has Two Jobs"

Yep - that's who democrats see as a leading light. Would be hillaryous if she ran in 2020.

whitey

Quote from: J70 on January 04, 2019, 09:29:54 PM

That'll show 'em!

It's quite amusing to see the right wing so threatened by a young, inexperienced, freshman Congresswoman from the Bronx/Queens who has just about zero influence with the Democratic leadership at this point.

Creep shot photos of her from behind, dancing videos, trawling her high school yearbook and making a big deal out of her nickname of "Sandy" back then...

She's a Democratic version of Sarah Palin

If AOC wasn't smoking hot, do you think anyone would be listening to one word she's saying?

J70

Quote from: Dolph1 on January 04, 2019, 09:27:15 PM
Quote from: J70 on January 04, 2019, 09:15:44 PM

Poor Gmac.

Oh wait...

That sounds like Keith Ellison. I think he's the Democrat vice chairman chairperson.

Still waiting for anyone in his party to condemn his actions or the #metoo movement to call him to account.

Nah, I think the crown fits most well on the head of Trump and the GOP policies.

Not that the Dems are perfect by any means or beyond hypocrisy.

But at least they jettisoned the likes of Franken and Conyers.

Which is a lot more than you can say for the Grab 'em by the Pussy (that almost makes the acronym GOP!) party.

Gmac

That'll show 'em!

you brought her up

J70

Quote from: whitey on January 04, 2019, 09:33:43 PM

That'll show 'em!

She's a Democratic version of Sarah Palin

If AOC wasn't smoking hot, do you think anyone would be listening to one word she's saying?

She is newsworthy locally here in NYC for knocking off Crowley and, within Dem circles, as a good looking potential prospect, if she puts in the work.

I've no idea why the right wing as so fixated on her though.