The Many Faces of US Politics...

Started by Tyrones own, March 20, 2009, 09:29:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gmac

Quote from: J70 on November 03, 2018, 02:13:37 AM
Quote from: Gmac on November 03, 2018, 01:04:53 AM
Didn't see any outrage over Hillary's comments about all black guys looking the same anywhere imagine if trump said it be it a joke or not .!
Don lemon also showing himself for the rascist he is , if he said that about any other male group he would be fired but lots of clowns here agree with him probably

What's wrong with what Lemon said?

Are white men NOT the biggest terror threat in the US?

As for Hillary... no one cares. People just want her to f**k away off into obscurity. I don't see anyone lining up to pull her onto the campaign trail.

Trump, on the other hand, is the president, to all of our cost.

And in his case, such a joke gone wrong would have mountains of bigotry, both statements and policy, to buttress it.
u like many others mistake enforcing the laws of the country as bigotry

omochain

Quote from: Gmac on November 03, 2018, 04:04:11 AM
Didn't see any outrage over Hillary's comments about all black guys looking the same anywhere imagine if trump said it be it a joke or not .!
Don lemon also showing himself for the rascist he is , if he said that about any other male group he would be fired but lots of clowns here agree with him probably

As for Hillary... no one cares. People just want her to f**k away off into obscurity. I don't see anyone lining up to pull her onto the campaign trail.

And in his case, such a joke gone wrong would have mountains of bigotry, both statements and policy, to buttress it.
What laws are you referring to

J70

His rhetoric, policies and actions, especially now in election season, are based on stirring up fear of the "other". Currently that's the likes of the "danger" to the country of the "caravan" and trans people.

seafoid

Quote from: J70 on November 03, 2018, 09:20:16 AM

His rhetoric, policies and actions, especially now in election season, are based on stirring up fear of the "other". Currently that's the likes of the "danger" to the country of the "caravan" and trans people.
EJ Donne is really top notch

@EJDionne
ยท
Oct 29

Absent a politics of us-versus-them, Trumpism makes no sense at all. it is undeniable that #Trump--with the acquiescence and, too often, the support of his party--has heightened ethnic and racial conflict for his own political benefit.

https://www.google.ch/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/us-news/live/2018/nov/01/donald-trump-latest-election-video-racist-midterms
Donald Trump has tweeted a racially inflammatory video falsely accusing Democrats of allowing a man who murdered two police officers in California into the country.
The video, posted on social media on Wednesday, is a marker of the increasingly divisive, racially prejudiced rhetoric emanating from the White House in the run-up to the elections, and has been branded by some as one of the most racially charged national political adverts in decades.

The Trump campaign ad is the latest example of the President's willingness to lie and fear-monger in order to tear at racial and societal divides; to embrace demagoguery to bolster his own political power and the cause of the Republican midterm campaign.

In a first reaction, Democratic National Committee Chairman Tom Perez said the ad was a sign of desperation and suggested that Trump was losing the argument over health care that is at the center of the Democratic campaign
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Gmac

not how I see it , I've heard nothing about trans people being a danger probably because they are about 0.1% of the population and deserve about that much attention
U cannot have 7/8 k people just rock up to the border and say they want in and allow it to happen if they are refugees they would have been happy in Mexico when they crossed the border there , there are 2 other caravans starting up now should they just walk in also ?  There is a 3 year wait on court hearings for people who are claiming asylum through the southern border in the meantime the asylum seeker is free to go and 80% don't show up for any immigration hearing.

J70

Quote from: Gmac on November 03, 2018, 10:50:30 AM

not how I see it , I've heard nothing about trans people being a danger probably because they are about 0.1% of the population and deserve about that much attention
U cannot have 7/8 k people just rock up to the border and say they want in and allow it to happen if they are refugees they would have been happy in Mexico when they crossed the border there , there are 2 other caravans starting up now should they just walk in also ?  There is a 3 year wait on court hearings for people who are claiming asylum through the southern border in the meantime the asylum seeker is free to go and 80% don't show up for any immigration hearing.

Well, you haven't been paying attention if you haven't heard about the trans issue. Trump's HHS is proposing basically defining them out of existence and possibly even subjecting them to DNA testing when necessary to "prove" them either male or female.

On the caravan, who exactly is saying they should be just allowed to "walk in"? Isn't that what the CBP is there for? If there are issues with asylum backlogs, then the obvious solution is to beef up the agencies to deal with it.

Trump is the one hyping up the supposed terrorist and criminal character of the people marching and making a massive show of deploying thousands of troops to the border, as if it was some kind of military force approaching.

Oh yeah... and hyping up the conspiracy theory of Soros being behind it.

All we need is Nancy Pelosi down there leading them and the fever swamp fantasy will be complete.

No idea where your 80% not showing up for the hearing figure comes from.

sid waddell

Quote from: Gmac on November 03, 2018, 10:50:30 AM
There is a 3 year wait on court hearings for people who are claiming asylum through the southern border in the meantime the asylum seeker is free to go and 80% don't show up for any immigration hearing.
A Trump supporter who doesn't lie through their teeth is an oxymoron.

Quotehttps://twitter.com/ddale8/status/1058327944995786752

Trump keeps saying, as he did yesterday, that only "3%" of people released for an asylum hearing actually show up for court. His Justice Department says it was 89% last year, 91% in 2016, 93% in 2015, 94% in 2014. https://www.justice.gov/eoir/page/file/1107056/download#page=34 ...

Hardy

Quote from: J70 on November 03, 2018, 11:21:44 AM

I'm sure he'll be along promptly to give us the source. I thought it was about 10% myself but I'm ready to be corrected - I know how scrupulous Trumpeteers are about numbers.

As an aside, I wonder what to make of the fact that so many racists can't spell 'racist'.

Gmac

Quote from: Hardy on November 03, 2018, 11:35:16 AM

I'm sure he'll be along promptly to give us the source. I thought it was about 10% myself but I'm ready to be corrected - I know how scrupulous Trumpeteers are about numbers.

As an aside, I wonder what to make of the fact that so many racists can't spell 'racist'.
they may show for the first but how many show up for final ruling where they would be arrested and deported after hearing .
How much does all this cost the us taxpayer why should we be paying for all of this
As an example one job I was on there was a guetamalan guy who told me his nephew had been caught 2 times crossing the border in a short period of time the first time he was put back across border to Mexico  the second time he was locked up for 6 months then deported via airplane with a full flight of other deported guys under armed guard , how much did that one guy cost the government maybe 100k so multiply that by a couple of hundred thousand and u should be able to see why this can't be allowed to happen

Gmac

On a side note one of Brett's accusers Judy Munro has admitted making the whole thing up , am I surprised ? no , wonder did avenatti have anything to do with it.

J70

Quote from: Gmac on November 03, 2018, 02:17:43 PM

they may show for the first but how many show up for final ruling where they would be arrested and deported after hearing .
How much does all this cost the us taxpayer why should we be paying for all of this
As an example one job I was on there was a guetamalan guy who told me his nephew had been caught 2 times crossing the border in a short period of time the first time he was put back across border to Mexico  the second time he was locked up for 6 months then deported via airplane with a full flight of other deported guys under armed guard , how much did that one guy cost the government maybe 100k so multiply that by a couple of hundred thousand and u should be able to see why this can't be allowed to happen

So the 80% thing is bullshit.

There are lots of things that shouldn't happen. That is why countries have laws and regulations, enforcement of laws and regulations, and penalties for breaking laws and regulations.

Hardy

Quote from: Gmac on November 03, 2018, 02:17:43 PM

A person's choice of what to be outraged by is always illuminating.

J70

Quote from: Gmac on November 03, 2018, 02:30:30 PM
On a side note one of Brett's accusers Judy Munro has admitted making the whole thing up , am I surprised ? no , wonder did avenatti have anything to do with it.

From what I've read, she posed as the author of an earlier anonymous rape accusation sent to the Senate to get attention. She is recanting that SHE wrote and sent the letter and is the Jane Doe in question.

Prosecute the f**k out of her. Shit like this does sexual assault victims no favours.

Kavanaugh should sue her arse too.

seafoid

This song

https://youtu.be/NRtvqT_wMeY

reminds me of the US today. The thousands dying of fentanyl overdoses, the polarisation that means nothing gets fixed and the suffering blue collar people who think Trump cares about them
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU