The Many Faces of US Politics...

Started by Tyrones own, March 20, 2009, 09:29:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Esmarelda

Quote from: whitey on February 09, 2018, 01:58:32 PM
It is  about Russian interference-I just checked, but everyone already knows they interfered

The more important question is did Trump collude with them, which is what the DNC and Clintons claim
They don't.

Oraisteach

On this point, I have to agree with whitey.  There is concrete evidence that the Russians did interfere with the US elections.  The question is the degree/scope of Trump's and his team's involvement in that interference.

heganboy

Id even actually go a step further than Whitey's statement.

At this point there is no credible evidence that the Trump campaign was directly involved in directing that interference.

I'm trying to be careful with that wording, as it is clear that without the online campaign of divide and conquer that the Russians waged, and dangerous combination of the naivete and greed of the large social media companies that was exploited by the Russian campaign there would be a very different government in place in the United States.

Further than that, I don't believe that Donald Trump would have been the Republican nominee. And I say believe as there is no way of proving either side of that argument. Was there interference, an unqualified yes. Did Tump benefit, a qualified yes. Was it directed by the Trump campaign? Got to be honest, they aren't smart enough.

I do believe that the division in the United States is harming it's economy, and really the nation itself is being hurt by the division which is being fanned and exploited by those who benefit from a weaker United States as a global presence.

The biggest surprise to me has been the willingness of the average American to greet that fact with welcoming arms. America first they cry. No comprehension of the global geo political and economic landscapes.

How much damage can be done in 4 years, that is the key question.
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

seafoid

The Russians wanted Trump to win because they knew he would weaken the US. They got what they wanted
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

heganboy

The Russians wanted to divide the country. It is entirely possible that the Trump win was the result of that division, rather than the goal of it.

The subsequent polarization of the country, and the backwards step in global influence, the lack of key appointees in key geo political areas leaving the US without representation is insane. The result is allowing both China and Russia to exert outsized influence. The abandonment of Africa is mind blowing.

Esmarelda

Could someone point me in the direction of the evidence some of you are certain exists?

Gmac

Quote from: heganboy on February 10, 2018, 05:35:42 PM
The Russians wanted to divide the country. It is entirely possible that the Trump win was the result of that division, rather than the goal of it.

The subsequent polarization of the country, and the backwards step in global influence, the lack of key appointees in key geo political areas leaving the US without representation is insane. The result is allowing both China and Russia to exert outsized influence. The abandonment of Africa is mind blowing.
the tv networks and the democrats are doing the Russians work for them now so , all this shit happened on last governments watch do they have anything to answer for ? Or was it all ok because they thought trump had no chance of winning.

heganboy

The TV networks and the democrats huh? Which networks and which democrats please and thank you.?

Wait, are you suggesting people prepared for an election in advance? When there was a different government? That's crazy talk man. You'd want to have your facts straight with that kind of spurious allegation.

Gmac

Quote from: heganboy on February 10, 2018, 08:54:24 PM
The TV networks and the democrats huh? Which networks and which democrats please and thank you.?

Wait, are you suggesting people prepared for an election in advance? When there was a different government? That's crazy talk man. You'd want to have your facts straight with that kind of spurious allegation.
most tv networks polarize people which does not help .
And prepare for an election? The ruskies played them like a fiddle

whitey

The Clintons are fvckin ragin they lost the most winnable election in American history, so there has to be someone or something to blame other than themselves.

According to my friends on social media who were huge Hillary supporters it was the Electoral College system, then it was rascism, then it was misogny, then it was white privilege, then it was Islamophobia.  ......some how they settled on Russian interference. 

The one lesson that they didnt learn from the Presidential election is that Trump doesnt give a fvck about conventional norms and process......hell do whatever it takes to turn this back on top of them.  I have a feeling the Democrats will regret ever going down this road.

Anyone want to take a wager that in the lead up to the 2018 elections in November there will be some explosive revelation that will really hurt the Democrats chances of taking back the House and Senate.

seafoid

Quote from: heganboy on February 10, 2018, 05:35:42 PM

Polarisation didn't start with Trump.  US media has been 2 echo chambers since at least .Newt 

Ittook.years to.groom.GOP voters.

@DKThomp

·

Jan 16

"3/ Dems are evenly divided among several—CNN, NPR, NBC News, NYT—that, while flawed and surely staffed by some libs, are reliable sources of non-partisan (or, at least, multi-partisan) news & views. And then you have Republicans, who basically just trust whatever Fox News says

FORTY PERCENT of Republicans told Gallup that "accurate news stories that cast a politician or political group in a negative light" are always fake news. "

The elephant in the room is plutocracy. Median real US income has been stagnant since the late 70s.
Trump isn't going to change that.

Esmarelda

Maybe ye missed my post lads. Looking for the evidence that convinces you of Russian meddling. Thanks.

seafoid

Quote from: Esmarelda on February 11, 2018, 09:36:42 AM
Maybe ye missed my post lads. Looking for the evidence that convinces you of Russian meddling. Thanks.
Within a few hours of the pussy video the podesta emails were analysed and released.

https://www.ft.com/content/7e47988a-be4c-11e7-9836-b25f8adaa111

Few people knew the young, low level volunteer named George, who has already proven to be a liar," Mr Trump tweeted on Tuesday. "There is NO COLLUSION." By contrast, the charge sheet filed by Mr Mueller says Mr Mifsud told Mr Papadopoulos he knew of the existence of "thousands" of Clinton emails in April 2016 — some six months before WikiLeaks published a tranche of hacked emails from Clinton campaign chief John Podesta. Mrs Clinton has partially blamed Russian propaganda efforts for swinging the election against her. "These were stolen emails, and the best judgment from our intelligence professionals and independent analysts is they were stolen by Russia," she said in September.

Esmarelda

Quote from: seafoid on February 11, 2018, 09:55:52 AM
Quote from: Esmarelda on February 11, 2018, 09:36:42 AM
Within a few hours of the pussy video the podesta emails were analysed and released.

https://www.ft.com/content/7e47988a-be4c-11e7-9836-b25f8adaa111

Few people knew the young, low level volunteer named George, who has already proven to be a liar," Mr Trump tweeted on Tuesday. "There is NO COLLUSION." By contrast, the charge sheet filed by Mr Mueller says Mr Mifsud told Mr Papadopoulos he knew of the existence of "thousands" of Clinton emails in April 2016 — some six months before WikiLeaks published a tranche of hacked emails from Clinton campaign chief John Podesta. Mrs Clinton has partially blamed Russian propaganda efforts for swinging the election against her. "These were stolen emails, and the best judgment from our intelligence professionals and independent analysts is they were stolen by Russia," she said in September.
The link is no use as I need to subscribe. However, "....the best judgement from our intelligence professionals and independent analysts is they were stolen by Russia"......is that the crux of what's in the link? If so, this is what convinces you of Russian interference?

whitey