The Many Faces of US Politics...

Started by Tyrones own, March 20, 2009, 09:29:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

whitey

Joe Biden actually said it in JULY, 3 1/2 months BEFORE the election but nice try trying to play it off as an after the fact mea cupla

stew

Quote from: whitey on January 16, 2017, 11:41:51 PM
Quote from: J70 on January 16, 2017, 11:28:09 PM
Quote from: whitey on January 16, 2017, 11:17:52 PM
It's not just me saying it......you just have your head in the sand and can't face reality.  It's going to be a very long 4 years for you

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/11/bernie-sanders-humiliated-democrats-working-class-231326

"It is not good enough to have a liberal elite. I come from the white working class, and I am deeply humiliated that the Democratic Party cannot talk to the people where I came from."

Saying WHAT though??

No doubt Bernie wants stuff such as increased public assistance to combat poverty and addiction, single-payer healthcare, free public college and so forth. We know what HE thinks the Dems need to double down on.

I'm pretty sure what HE wants is diametrically opposed to what YOU, a conservative, thinks these people want from their government.

The question is what YOU think they need to do. I've laid out a list of options on which white conservatives, including working class, oppose the Democrats. So what do they need to change their approach on?

So I have now given you direct quotes from both Bernie Sanders and Joe Biden stating that the elite of the Democratic Party has turned its back on and cannot speak to the regular working people and you're still in denial that that's why you lost the election

While all the issues you list are the MOST important issues to the progressive wing of the party, my guess is that the swing voters in the swing states are more interested in jobs, education, healthcare, public safety, and college affordability.

Whitey, seriously, why bother?

Your last paragraph illustrates beautifully the confusion in the ranks of the rank and file and the disconnect between the Democratic people and the upper echelon people who are completely and utterly out of touch with their base.

You can lead a horse to water and all that but the fact is, as bad as Trump is, Clinton and the democrats are worse, you just need to look at the last eight years and the way they campaigned for the presidency, I am delighted to say they got what they deserved, not in Trump, but in losing the election, and no matter how good or bad Trump is, the country spoke and they threw the democrats out on their collective holes!
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

J70

Quote from: whitey on January 17, 2017, 02:31:32 AM
Joe Biden actually said it in JULY, 3 1/2 months BEFORE the election but nice try trying to play it off as an after the fact mea cupla

Doesn't change my point one bit whether he is reacting to the actual vote or a trend in polls.

1. Joe, the Dems got butt-fucked by the white working class in the election. What does this mean going forward?

2. Joe, the polls are showing a serious lack of support for Democrats among white working class. What does this mean for the election and how can the Dems avoid a butt-f**king?

J70

Quote from: stew on January 17, 2017, 12:49:53 PM
It's not just me saying it......you just have your head in the sand and can't face reality.  It's going to be a very long 4 years for you

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/11/bernie-sanders-humiliated-democrats-working-class-231326

"It is not good enough to have a liberal elite. I come from the white working class, and I am deeply humiliated that the Democratic Party cannot talk to the people where I came from."

Saying WHAT though??

No doubt Bernie wants stuff such as increased public assistance to combat poverty and addiction, single-payer healthcare, free public college and so forth. We know what HE thinks the Dems need to double down on.

I'm pretty sure what HE wants is diametrically opposed to what YOU, a conservative, thinks these people want from their government.

The question is what YOU think they need to do. I've laid out a list of options on which white conservatives, including working class, oppose the Democrats. So what do they need to change their approach on?

So I have now given you direct quotes from both Bernie Sanders and Joe Biden stating that the elite of the Democratic Party has turned its back on and cannot speak to the regular working people and you're still in denial that that's why you lost the election

While all the issues you list are the MOST important issues to the progressive wing of the party, my guess is that the swing voters in the swing states are more interested in jobs, education, healthcare, public safety, and college affordability.

Your last paragraph illustrates beautifully the confusion in the ranks of the rank and file and the disconnect between the Democratic people and the upper echelon people who are completely and utterly out of touch with their base.

You can lead a horse to water and all that but the fact is, as bad as Trump is, Clinton and the democrats are worse, you just need to look at the last eight years and the way they campaigned for the presidency, I am delighted to say they got what they deserved, not in Trump, but in losing the election, and no matter how good or bad Trump is, the country spoke and they threw the democrats out on their collective holes!

Why bother indeed when details and specifics are asked for, same as yourself.

foxcommander

For an ex-president on a budget. I'll make an exception this time and give him some help to find a cheap fare. With thanks to Expedia.

Washington DC Dulles to Nairobi

10:00a - 10:25a +1 Flight spans 1 day
Ethiopian Airlines
16h 25m
IAD - NBO
1 stop
1h 5m in ADD
$717.72  Live $717 .72
Live

one way

10:00a to 7:10a 13h 10m  Overnight ยท Arrives Sat, Jan 21
Washington to Addis Ababa
Washington Dulles Intl. (IAD) to Bole Intl. (ADD)
Ethiopian Airlines 501
Economy / Coach (H)
BOEING 777-200LR
layover 1h 5m stop Addis Ababa (ADD)
8:15a to 10:25a 2h 10m

Addis Ababa to Nairobi
Bole Intl. (ADD) to Jomo Kenyatta Intl. (NBO)
Ethiopian Airlines 302
Economy / Coach (H)
Boeing 737-800
Seats
Preview availability
Bag fees
Unable to retrieve baggage fees

Who said I wasn't charitable, eh eamon? ;)
Every second of the day there's a Democrat telling a lie

foxcommander

Egg all over their faces!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ahkMA6JPOHU

Love it! Now anyone hear from those celebs who said they'd leave the states?

Every second of the day there's a Democrat telling a lie

Tony Baloney

There will be some crying now Chelsea Manning's sentence has been commuted.

stew

Quote from: J70 on January 17, 2017, 03:10:02 PM

Saying WHAT though??

Well we all can't see I,to the future like yourself, sure the Donald is going to tuck everything up, catch youself on man dear, be .canot be any worse than the gimp leaving office in a couple of days.

The white working class screwed nobody, they simply knew the crats took their votes as a given.

J70

Quote from: stew on January 17, 2017, 11:15:53 PM

Saying WHAT though??

Well we all can't see I,to the future like yourself, sure the Donald is going to tuck everything up, catch youself on man dear, be .canot be any worse than the gimp leaving office in a couple of days.

The white working class screwed nobody, they simply knew the crats took their votes as a given.

Is this a response to me?

What has any of that got to do with whitey perpetually telling us the Dems and us liberals need to cop on, but how exactly we should address our apparent issues is a mystery?

I never said the working class screwed anyone.

J70

Quote from: Tony Baloney on January 17, 2017, 10:27:05 PM

I thought the whole wikileaks thing was now considered heroic on the right?

whitey

Quote from: J70 on January 18, 2017, 02:07:26 AM
Quote from: stew on January 17, 2017, 11:15:53 PM

Saying WHAT though??

Is this a response to me?

What has any of that got to do with whitey perpetually telling us the Dems and us liberals need to cop on, but how exactly we should address our apparent issues is a mystery?

I never said the working class screwed anyone.

I didn't say you needed to cop on........I (and Joe Biden and Bernie Sanders) said that the Dems needed to address the issues that are most important to their hardworking working and middle class voters......things such as taxes, healthcare, public safety, jobs and education. If you think they addressed them adequately during the election....that's your opinion......but not the opinion of many others  including people like Joe Biden, Ed Rendell and Bernie Sanders

J70

Like I said, if and when those people or yourself have something specific or substantive to offer rather than vague platitudes lamenting the alienation of these people, which has been ongoing for decades, I'll absolutely listen and discuss.

screenexile

Quote from: J70 on January 18, 2017, 02:08:33 AM

Yeah they all love wikileaks now since it helped them win the election... you couldn't make it up!!!

stew

Quote from: screenexile on January 18, 2017, 02:25:35 PM

Yeah they all love wikileaks now since it helped them win the election... you couldn't make it up!!!

Meanwhile at the ranch, The President of the US commutes the sentence of someone who sold state secrets, some of you have no shame ffs! Forget republican or Democrat for the moment, who the f**k does that? and how can you justify it?

If the American people are not outraged about this what would it take to get them outraged???

whitey

Quote from: screenexile on January 18, 2017, 02:25:35 PM

I'm not sure how much outrage there'll be.....haven't heard anywhere near as much as I anticipated. 

I have 3 immediate family members (in my wife's family)who fought in Iraq/Afghanistan and not a peep about this on any of their Facebook feeds

I think he/she actually did the country a great service.