The Many Faces of US Politics...

Started by Tyrones own, March 20, 2009, 09:29:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

whitey

Quote from: J70 on January 16, 2017, 01:23:25 PM
Quote from: whitey on January 16, 2017, 01:12:48 PM
MSM uses every stick at its disposal to beat, belittle and distort Republicans and Conservatives.  Re-running the SNL sketches is just a continuation of that.   Yes Trump and Palin are great targets and yes they leave themselves wide open to ridicule, but is it the role of supposed serious "news" outlets to asassinate the candidates of one party leaving those of the other party relatively untouched?  I don't think so, but that's just my opinion.

You just answered your own question.

I don't recall too many John McCain or Mitt Romney or Obama impressions going viral because the material and the actors able to so accurately and hilariously lampoon them just weren't there.

Just because YOU can't recall it happening, doesn't mean I didn't happen

J70

Quote from: whitey on January 16, 2017, 01:39:01 PM
Quote from: J70 on January 16, 2017, 01:23:25 PM
Quote from: whitey on January 16, 2017, 01:12:48 PM
MSM uses every stick at its disposal to beat, belittle and distort Republicans and Conservatives.  Re-running the SNL sketches is just a continuation of that.   Yes Trump and Palin are great targets and yes they leave themselves wide open to ridicule, but is it the role of supposed serious "news" outlets to asassinate the candidates of one party leaving those of the other party relatively untouched?  I don't think so, but that's just my opinion.

You just answered your own question.

I don't recall too many John McCain or Mitt Romney or Obama impressions going viral because the material and the actors able to so accurately and hilariously lampoon them just weren't there.

Just because YOU can't recall it happening, doesn't mean I didn't happen

Well either they were viral hits or they weren't. Which was it?

I remember Romney impressions by Jason Sudeikas which were pretty funny, but hardly worthy of breaking the internet. The Obama ones were very average. Can't remember a John McCain impersonation.

The ones that have been massive hits have been Bill Clinton, Will Ferrell's GW Bush, Fey's Palin and Baldwin's Trump. Kate McKinnon's smug, overconfindent, Hillary was pretty funny too and got a bit of coverage.

whitey

Quote from: easytiger95 on January 16, 2017, 01:34:03 PM
You've spent the last year and a half complaining, that while of course you'd never vote Trump, the namby pamby snowflakes of the liberal left, with their safe spaces and their BLM t shirts, and their sensitive beards are wot's doing Murica down...

and then Trump wins, apparently on the back of a great manly roar from the unwashed and forgotten Real Muricans...

and now you're complaining about a sketch show...a FRICKIN' SKETCH SHOW... on the lame stream media, which you say you don't care about (which is obviously a sign that you do)... is "unfairly" doing down the conservative He Man, who responds by tweeting like a vapid Valley Girl...of which you're doing a fairly good impression yerself.

That's it. Shut down the mocha cappuccino machine, throw the fixy bikes in the dumpster and usher the hipsters towards the cliff ... irony is dead.

LOL, as you would say Whitey.

I don't care about the sketch show, because from what I can tell they have a pretty well defined audience who would most likely never vote Republican anyway.

The Lame Stream News Media then play every clip on a loop for the rest of the week in a deliberate attempt to malign just conservatives.  I expect nothing more from them

But this election cycle has shown that the power and influence of the Lame Stream News Media is waning fast and their demise is accelerating.

J70

Quote from: whitey on January 16, 2017, 01:50:59 PM
You've spent the last year and a half complaining, that while of course you'd never vote Trump, the namby pamby snowflakes of the liberal left, with their safe spaces and their BLM t shirts, and their sensitive beards are wot's doing Murica down...

and then Trump wins, apparently on the back of a great manly roar from the unwashed and forgotten Real Muricans...

and now you're complaining about a sketch show...a FRICKIN' SKETCH SHOW... on the lame stream media, which you say you don't care about (which is obviously a sign that you do)... is "unfairly" doing down the conservative He Man, who responds by tweeting like a vapid Valley Girl...of which you're doing a fairly good impression yerself.

That's it. Shut down the mocha cappuccino machine, throw the fixy bikes in the dumpster and usher the hipsters towards the cliff ... irony is dead.

I don't care about the sketch show, because from what I can tell they have a pretty well defined audience who would most likely never vote Republican anyway.

The Lame Stream News Media then play every clip on a loop for the rest of the week in a deliberate attempt to malign just conservatives.  I expect nothing more from them

But this election cycle has shown that the power and influence of the Lame Stream News Media is waning fast and their demise is accelerating.

Grow up FFS. ;D

And on the last point, what did the 2012 election cycle show then??

We've been hearing about the impending death of the mainstream media for 25 years. And if it's becoming so irrelevant, why are you so obsessed with it. You never shut up about it!

easytiger95

Quote from: whitey on January 16, 2017, 01:50:59 PM

Poor conservatives, done down by the lame stream media, and all they have to show for it is the majority of state legislatures, majority of governorships, majority in the House and the Senate, and the Presidency...

You can be a bad winner as much as a bad loser. Cheer up snowflake, Baldwin is hilarious.

johnneycool

Jesus Whitey,
   One minute you're giving out about the liberals, libtards or whatever for not accepting the election result and being so sensitive and in the next breath you're getting annoyed about how Trump is being portrayed on some comedy sketch show which according to you is barely watched by anyone..

FFS parody comedy of political figures has been on the go for centuries and its not going to stop now.

AZOffaly

It's a pity Spitting Image is not on the go anymore.

whitey

Quote from: johnneycool on January 16, 2017, 02:22:25 PM
Jesus Whitey,
   One minute you're giving out about the liberals, libtards or whatever for not accepting the election result and being so sensitive and in the next breath you're getting annoyed about how Trump is being portrayed on some comedy sketch show which according to you is barely watched by anyone..

FFS parody comedy of political figures has been on the go for centuries and its not going to stop now.

I said I don't know one person who watches it. I meet upward of 50 new people per week in my line of work and I could count on one hand the number of times someone asked me in the last year had I seen the SNL skit.

My point (which like everything on here gets twisted and turned) was that the SNL skits, as hilarious as you all think they are, appeal to a subset of voters who wouldn't vote Republican if their lives depended upon it anyway   

easytiger95

So if it doesn't appeal to Republicans it ain't funny? Or it doesn't matter? And if it doesn't matter, and no one you know watches it, what are you banging on about?

I think Republicans aren't funny. But they do matter.

However, you mustn't be a Republican, because all your twisted and turned comments (persecuted again, Whitey?) are hilarious.

whitey

Quote from: easytiger95 on January 16, 2017, 02:46:54 PM
So if it doesn't appeal to Republicans it ain't funny? Or it doesn't matter? And if it doesn't matter, and no one you know watches it, what are you banging on about?

However, you mustn't be a Republican, because all your twisted and turned comments (persecuted again, Whitey?) are hilarious.

I'll use up one of my "lol's" just for you

In spite of what SNL and the MSM may tell you conservatism is alive and well and thriving

As much as I dislike Trump personally, I think he might actually do a decent job.

Dems are very much like the Labour Party in England....they have lots to say to those on the fringes but shag all to say to the people "humping it 60 hours a week" (to quote Bill Clinton)

screenexile

Quote from: whitey on January 16, 2017, 02:55:08 PM

In spite of what SNL and the MSM may tell you conservatism is alive and well and thriving

As much as I dislike Trump personally, I think he might actually do a decent job.

Dems are very much like the Labour Party in England....they have lots to say to those on the fringes but shag all to say to the people "humping it 60 hours a week" (to quote Bill Clinton)

Why do you presume that there are no Dems humping it 60 hours a week??

J70

When have either suggested that conservatism is not alive and well and thriving?

Creationism is demonstrably a complete load of pseudoscientific bollocks and deserving of ridicule. That doesn't mean its not thriving. As with lots of conspiracy theory nonsense.

The proof will be in the pudding. If you're rich he'll absolutely do a great job for you.

If you want to gut environmental or consumer or worker protections or protections for the poor or vulnerable, he, along with Paul Ryan, is absolutely your man.

You're always coming out with this horseshit. As if liberals aren't also hard-working people or part of the mainstream of America.

But we'll see how Trump will do for the hard-working "real" Americans.

And who are all these people supposedly "on the fringes" that the Dems are mistakenly targeting?

whitey

Quote from: J70 on January 16, 2017, 03:08:43 PM

When have either suggested that conservatism is not alive and well and thriving?

Creationism is demonstrably a complete load of pseudoscientific bollocks and deserving of ridicule. That doesn't mean its not thriving. As with lots of conspiracy theory nonsense.

The proof will be in the pudding. If you're rich he'll absolutely do a great job for you.

If you want to gut environmental or consumer or worker protections or protections for the poor or vulnerable, he, along with Paul Ryan, is absolutely your man.

You're always coming out with this horseshit. As if liberals aren't also hard-working people or part of the mainstream of America.

But we'll see how Trump will do for the hard-working "real" Americans.

And who are all these people supposedly "on the fringes" that the Dems are mistakenly targeting?

Haha (can't use lol anymore).....your response in a nutshell explains why the Democrats lost.....you just can't admit that the elites and establishment of the Democratic Party no longer represent their base......the base are the people humping it 60 hours a week (I never said they were Republicans... that was your spin)

Election is decided by the swing voters in the swing states and those are the people who feel abandoned by the Democratic Party.......they voted twice for Obama and flipped to Trump and he'll probably do okay by them (or at least he'll pretend to)

stew

Trump deserves to be made fun of, a lot, so does Clinton, problem is she tends to get a big pass and the republicans get a harder time because the sketch writers, actors etc tend to be more liberal in their thinking.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

screenexile

Quote from: stew on January 16, 2017, 03:42:28 PM
Trump deserves to be made fun of, a lot, so does Clinton, problem is she tends to get a big pass and the republicans get a harder time because the sketch writers, actors etc tend to be more liberal in their thinking.

Would definitely agree with that . . . this is one of the best things I've seen in a long time!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S65jqrHQi_c