American Sports Thread

Started by magickingdom, October 28, 2007, 06:02:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RealSpiritof98

Quote from: stew on November 23, 2011, 03:08:11 PM
I will be amazed if the packers win tomorrow, sports talk radio here read out the injury report and it is frightening.

The packers will be playing their third game in 11 days, an absolutely brutal schedule and they are facing a desperate Lions team.

I look to megatron tomorrow to light the packers up, Rodgers to get clobbered a time or two and the pack to lose by four. :(

The good news is they get time to heal after this with no game for ten days and they get two extra days off to relax with their families.

Here's hoping the SF bubble bursts and South America's team can take them down.

Bow wow Stew, although not for the lack of trying by the NFL, 3 time zones change in a 4 day loop, joke, although the TV guys prob had their say on the match up between the brothers.

magpie seanie

I think its overstating things to be amazed if the Packers win tomorrow. They're 10-0 and the Superbowl champions after all. Their recent results haven't bee top drawer and there is the considerable difficulty of the 3 games in 11 days but I'd still give them a great chance. I'd possibly call it a 50/50 game. Detroit are not a great team. They will be revved up but will it be enough? Personally I wish the two of them would lose but a Lions defeat with about 10 players off each side suspended for fighting would probably suit da Bears best! It should be very entertaining anyway, defenses should struggle.

I'd imagine the battle of the brothers Harbaugh will be the opposite. Field goals will be delightfully accepted with one or maybe two TD's max per side. I have a feeling for Baltimore in this one, think they might be more used to these grindfests over recent years.

Dallas should see to Miami comfortably. They're moving along nicely.

Capt Pat

Quote from: magpie seanie on November 23, 2011, 01:48:31 PM
Thought I had checked them both but maybe I missed it. I did watch other MNF games on ESPN alright.

Orton wants to go back to Chicago I think but it might not fall that way.

The Colts have to take Orton or they are simply in suck for Luck mode. He shouldn't make it to the bottom of the waiver list and the bears but you never know.

sammymaguire

looking forward to a late night and some bevvies.. almost as good as the Super Bowl final itself  ;D
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

Capt Pat

The Lions only scraped by the Panthers on sunday conceding 35 points. What will the Packers do to them on offense? The Lions are finished their schedule is a lot tougher for the last six games.

anportmorforjfc

A Lions and Niners win would be nice tomorrow but not sure it will happen. Not really worried about being away from home more worried about the short break after a late aftertoon game on sunday but so be it. Stop Rice and i think the niners will win. Smith just needs to keep doing what he has been doing and Willis and co will take care of the rest hopefully. Should be 3 great games anyway.

Minder

Chiefs have claimed Orton off waivers.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

mc_grens

Looking forward to Niners- Ravens. Good ol' hard-nosed football!

thejuice

What the hell is up with Rivers. I'm watching video of him and the ball is coming out of his hands wrong. Its not a tight spiral, it wobbles and there is no smooth arching trajectory like it should. He has to be injured or something. It's not just him reading the routes wrong or making bad decisions.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

DrinkingHarp

Quote from: the Deel Rover on November 23, 2011, 07:32:06 AM
Looking forward to the matches tomorrow night . thought i heard the lads on newstalk lastnight say that Detroit play every thanksgiving some sort of tradition is this correct ?

Cowboys and the Lions have been hosting games every Thanksgiving since the early-mid 70's.

Gaaboard Predict The World Cup Champion 2014

AZOffaly

Quote from: mc_grens on November 23, 2011, 11:14:46 PM
Looking forward to Niners- Ravens. Good ol' hard-nosed football!

And a great story too. Brothers Jim and John Harbaugh, the two head coaches, coming face to face on thanksgiving. Nice story where they both still send game film to their dad, who was a head coach in college, and he reviews the tape and sends them notes. He gets a Fed Ex package every tuesday from the Ravens, and another from the Niners.

new devil

No stopping the pack...Not even 3 days rest

magpie seanie

Well it wasn't a shootout but it turns out Detroit are who I thought they were. They will struggle to make the playoffs. Nice to see Suh showing his true colours yet again. Hopefully his buddy Goodell will act appropriately this time after being so lenient on the Lions after the Bears game.

Minder

Quote from: magpie seanie on November 24, 2011, 08:56:33 PM
Well it wasn't a shootout but it turns out Detroit are who I thought they were. They will struggle to make the playoffs. Nice to see Suh showing his true colours yet again. Hopefully his buddy Goodell will act appropriately this time after being so lenient on the Lions after the Bears game.

Great player but a piece of shit, he will be missing game or two i would say.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

new devil

He set up a meeting with the NFL last week to sort out why he was giving away so many penalties...Looks like they will want to meet with him now