Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tintin25

Thing is, we've been here before during his reign and Utd always seem to put a few wins together.  That said, even then they still haven't looked convincing.  I don't think there is a list of any outstanding candidates to be honest.  Personally, I wouldn't have a problem with the likes of Rodgers or maybe the Ajax manager.  Potter is definitely one to watch in the future, has Brighton playing some great stuff.

Armagh18

Quote from: tintin25 on October 03, 2021, 07:58:53 AM
Thing is, we've been here before during his reign and Utd always seem to put a few wins together.  That said, even then they still haven't looked convincing.  I don't think there is a list of any outstanding candidates to be honest.  Personally, I wouldn't have a problem with the likes of Rodgers or maybe the Ajax manager.  Potter is definitely one to watch in the future, has Brighton playing some great stuff.
I'd actually love Rodgers to go and be a success, but I think the likes of Pobga and Ronaldo (most of the squad actually) are too far up their own holes to play for someone who's not a big name like him. 

RedHand88

Quote from: Armagh18 on October 03, 2021, 11:12:25 AM
I'd actually love Rodgers to go and be a success, but I think the likes of Pobga and Ronaldo (most of the squad actually) are too far up their own holes to play for someone who's not a big name like him.

The three envelope trick would soon put an end to that  ;D

Look-Up!

That's the problem with OGS, he has a lot of quality in the squad but he'll never have them consistent enough to win the league. But just when there's talk of changing him he'll go on a bit of a run. They have a tough run in the PL coming up against the big guns and I'd imagine he'll do quite well against them.

nrico2006

I think Rodgers could be an option at times but then you look at some of the bad runs he has went on, including the current one, but it doesn't get the same coverage. I would bite the bullet and go for Conte.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

tintin25

Really hope they don't go for Conte, not the right fit for Utd IMO.

rodney trotter

And how would Potter be the right fit ? He might play decent football, but totally different aspirations managing at Brighton. Conte has won 5 League titles with 3 different clubs.

He has worked with Pogba previously also
https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11096/11258105/how-antonio-conte-got-the-best-from-paul-pogba-at-juventus

tintin25

It's all about opinions.  Never been a fan of his style previously and don't think he's a long term solution.  What I do know is the Utd aren't going anywhere with Ole in charge.

nrico2006

You never know, Conte could come and build an empire. Been unfortunate in the situations he has faced in his last 2 jobs.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Mikhail Prokhorov

Rodgers had an interview before but they went with Jose instead. A mistake in hindsight.

nrico2006

Quote from: Mikhail Prokhorov on October 03, 2021, 06:45:52 PM

Rodgers had an interview before but they went with Jose instead. A mistake in hindsight.

Rodgers could do well but he isn't a proven winner.

RedHand88

Quote from: nrico2006 on October 03, 2021, 07:32:04 PM

Does Celtic count?

From the Bunker

Quote from: RedHand88 on October 03, 2021, 08:04:38 PM

Does Celtic count?

Only if you have Rangers in the same League! And how you got on in Europe!

nrico2006

Quote from: RedHand88 on October 03, 2021, 08:04:38 PM

Does Celtic count?

That cant count in all seriousness.

Boycey

I'm as likely to get the Utd gig as Rodgers FFS.....

The whole Ole out thing is a bit mad in my opinion. His limitations must be obvious to the club at this stage? Has anything spectacularly different happened in the 9/10 games this far this season? Not really, so why the current drama?