Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Boycey

Are we the only team in the top 4 in crisis

RedHand88

StPatsAbu

Quote from: BennyCake on September 25, 2021, 03:49:05 PM
If results don't improve, I fear Ole will be on borrowed time.

Managing Ronaldo will be his biggest challenge

BennyCake

I think those two Kerry lads behind the goal put Bruno off his penalty.

delgany

Quote from: BennyCake on September 26, 2021, 11:18:29 PM
I think those two Kerry lads behind the goal put Bruno off his penalty.
Absolutely!

johnnycool

Quote from: StPatsAbu on September 25, 2021, 11:35:39 PM
Quote from: BennyCake on September 25, 2021, 03:49:05 PM
If results don't improve, I fear Ole will be on borrowed time.

Managing Ronaldo will be his biggest challenge

This to an extent is true as not only does he have to massage Ronaldo's ego he now looks to have a sulking Fernandez not feeling the love as top dog anymore.
The return of the parodical son may have been a poison chalice....

NAG1

From every account I have seen or read, Ronaldo is nothing but a positive influence around the training ground and the squad. Not just at United but other the other clubs he has been at, consummate professional. So any manager should be able to mould him into the squad.

Problem for Ole is that the same issue is cropping up time and time again, dominating games yet still not able to create enough chances to put teams away while on top. Match goes stale and end up conceding.

Too many games have gone this way  and it is starting to cause problems for Ole now.

Hound

Quote from: NAG1 on September 27, 2021, 09:50:06 AM
From every account I have seen or read, Ronaldo is nothing but a positive influence around the training ground and the squad. Not just at United but other the other clubs he has been at, consummate professional. So any manager should be able to mould him into the squad.

Absolutely. People talk about him like he's another Pogba, where he couldn't be any different to Pogba.

I see the issue as whether Ronaldo, Pogba and Bruno can be fit into the same team (against a decent side anyway). Their workrate without the ball isn't great, and when you've three of them like that, it's hard for the remainder of the team to cover for them all the time.

Armagh18

Quote from: Hound on September 27, 2021, 11:02:50 AM
Quote from: NAG1 on September 27, 2021, 09:50:06 AM

Absolutely. People talk about him like he's another Pogba, where he couldn't be any different to Pogba.

I see the issue as whether Ronaldo, Pogba and Bruno can be fit into the same team (against a decent side anyway). Their workrate without the ball isn't great, and when you've three of them like that, it's hard for the remainder of the team to cover for them all the time.
Bruno probably the hardest worker off the ball on the team in fairness, Pogba needs to stay as far away from his own goal as possible!

Rich Ricci

Big game for Utd tonight given our run of form (3 defeats in 4) and in terms of qualification from the group. You'd generally want to be taking 7 minimum from your home games but having lost probably our most winnable (on paper) away game will probably need to take maximum points at home.

AWB and Maguire out, shaw doubtful so could be looking at a defence of Dalot, Varane, Lindelof and Telles.

Captain Obvious

Quote from: Rich Ricci on September 29, 2021, 04:27:40 PM
Big game for Utd tonight given our run of form (3 defeats in 4) and in terms of qualification from the group. You'd generally want to be taking 7 minimum from your home games but having lost probably our most winnable (on paper) away game will probably need to take maximum points at home.

AWB and Maguire out, shaw doubtful so could be looking at a defence of Dalot, Varane, Lindelof and Telles
A decent opportunity for Villarreal to get a result against that defence.

snoopdog

Quote from: Captain Obvious on September 29, 2021, 05:05:18 PM

AWB and Maguire out, shaw doubtful so could be looking at a defence of Dalot, Varane, Lindelof and Telles
Bar Telles I dont believe utds defence is any weaker. Dalot looks like he has come on since his loan move to Milan.  Lindelof is as capable as the over rated maguire. 

Milltown Row2

0-0 written all over this game
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

An Watcher

Jesus they are a shambles

Captain Obvious

Quote from: snoopdog on September 29, 2021, 06:10:56 PM
Quote from: Captain Obvious on September 29, 2021, 05:05:18 PM

Bar Telles I dont believe utds defence is any weaker. Dalot looks like he has come on since his loan move to Milan.  Lindelof is as capable as the over rated maguire.
That first half suggests the opposite.