Drug dealing -name and shame

Started by Truth hurts, August 23, 2021, 11:21:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

general_lee

Quote from: Louther on August 23, 2021, 12:36:25 PM
Quote from: BennyCake on August 23, 2021, 12:18:00 PM
From what I hear, everywhere is rife with drugs. It begs the question,  what is all the education/drugs awareness in schools/clubs etc achieving? There's never been as much info on the dangers, but  the drugs  use just seems to go up and up.  Having a joint has become as normal as taking a piss or drinking a cup of tea  these days. And  they're not the worst of them

Having a line is like drinking a pint or glass of wine too.
Young fella at work says it all the rage, cheaper than drink for a big night out,  not as messy as drink/been drunk, good for getting the women, no hangover in the morning and you don't put on weight. Doesn't see any downside
The downsize would be the shite they put into it to bulk up the volume, not to mention the ingredients used in its production. The reality is though that cocaine is everywhere. I'd say every GAA club in the country has players and members who enjoy the Devil's dandruff. There's a pub in Crossmaglen nicknamed the whitehouse  ;D

Hound

Nicola Tallent, crime writer with the Sunday World has a good podcast series called 'Crime World'.

Episode 38 'the changing face of Northern Ireland's underworld' is a very good analysis of the drugs issue in Ulster.

They say that pretty much all the drugs are controlled by former terrorists on both sides; the Loyalists (directly) and Republicans (indirectly).
Perhaps more worrying is how successful they are in getting new recruits

Truth hurts

In hindsight the messages are wrong but they might crawl some of the scum under a rock for a while.

Eire90

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 23, 2021, 12:51:20 PM
From what I hear, everywhere is rife with drugs. It begs the question,  what is all the education/drugs awareness in schools/clubs etc achieving? There's never been as much info on the dangers, but  the drugs  use just seems to go up and up.  Having a joint has become as normal as taking a piss or drinking a cup of tea  these days. And  they're not the worst of them

Young fella at work says it all the rage, cheaper than drink for a big night out,  not as messy as drink/been drunk, good for getting the women, no hangover in the morning and you don't put on weight. Doesn't see any downside

Seriously? Explain that one please

plenty of downsides including heart damage and making a fool of yourself

Eire90

Quote from: Eire90 on August 23, 2021, 03:34:30 PM

plenty of downsides including heart damage and making a fool of yourself

suppose in modern ireland one mans fool is another mans legend

Eire90

Probably less hassle getting drugs these days than alcohol for some

screenexile

Quote from: Cobra on August 23, 2021, 12:40:00 PM

No downside apart from all the crime and dead bodies and people cutting people up and dumping them in holdalls. Apart from all that there's no downside.

Yeah but the lads doing lines at the weekend don't see that so it doesn't really exist for them!

johnnycool

Quote from: screenexile on August 23, 2021, 04:06:49 PM
Quote from: Cobra on August 23, 2021, 12:40:00 PM

No downside apart from all the crime and dead bodies and people cutting people up and dumping them in holdalls. Apart from all that there's no downside.

Yeah but the lads doing lines at the weekend don't see that so it doesn't really exist for them!

This is the real disconnect I don't get..

The hutch and Kinnihans are shooting one and other like wildfire in Dublin, some lad gets bumped off whilst waiting to pick his kid up outside a west belfast school yet those providing the demand for the product look on as if its nothing to do with the wee line they snort up their nose whatever night of the week and that's across all levels of society to the well heeled especially..

David McKeown

I was doing a case recently where is came out that the average purity of Cocaine in Northern Ireland is 8-10% whilst in London is 70-80%. Makes you wonder what other shite is in there over here.
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

Rudi

Quote from: David McKeown on August 23, 2021, 04:30:36 PM
I was doing a case recently where is came out that the average purity of Cocaine in Northern Ireland is 8-10% whilst in London is 70-80%. Makes you wonder what other shite is in there over here.

Cant really be called Coke then, the cooks must be really bad, should go look for Heisenberg!

johnnycool

Quote from: David McKeown on August 23, 2021, 04:30:36 PM

Down with the Norn Iron Protocol...

Louther

Confidence, energy, alertness etc. Plus they can perform if you know what I mean! As opposed to drunken mess. It's self explanatory really.

And for those pointing out the downsides, yes, I know and we know this. But have you ever tried explaining downsides to a young 20 something who has done something and enjoyed the experience and can see no harm done? They just laugh you off and have you down as an oldie. They are so many using and so casual about it, they fail to any downsides and any that are can be dismissed as someone's fault rather than an associated risk.

Armagh18

Plenty of women love it unfortunately and will "pay"...

Armagh18

Think it's a good thing that these scum are being named and shamed. It's a start at least but whether any physical action will be taken? Wouldnt hold my breath.

Milltown Row2

Makes you wonder how you ever managed to have a date or manage those one night stands back in the day!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea