Premier League 2021-22

Started by Boycey, July 12, 2021, 09:51:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cunny Funt

Best side won the league title but they sure made hard work of it last week v West Ham and again today v Villa. Could see in both games as to why they continue to slip up in the Champions league.

30 seasons of the Premier league done and dusted now. Would be unthinkable that City would win that many league titles 15 years ago. Poor return for Liverpool with their history and tradition to be tied with Blackburn, Leicester.

Man United 13
Man City 6
Chelsea 5
Arsenal 3
Blackburn 1
Leicester 1
Liverpool 1

No harm to see Burnley relegated after sacking Sean Dyche who made them into the competitive Premier league side that few liked to play.  Conte leads Spurs to 4th but it's worth noting he has a very poor Champions league record as manager so i won't be surprised if they drop to the Europa league along with Arsenal and United.

From the Bunker

.............................. football was invented in 1993!  ;D

Lets look at the last 10 years

Man City 5
Chelsea 2
Man Utd 1
Leicester 1
Liverpool 1

From the Bunker

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 22, 2022, 06:48:07 PM
16th and second ..

"If you are first you are first. If you are second you are nothing."

Finishing second earns you £41.8m, 16th earns you £11m. In my accounting books that £30m isn't nothing!  ;)

Milltown Row2

Quote from: From the Bunker on May 22, 2022, 07:02:20 PM
16th and second ..

Finishing second earns you £41.8m, 16th earns you £11m. In my accounting books that £30m isn't nothing!  ;)

I don't think clubs that have plenty money worry too much but I'm happy enough to use Shankly's quote in competitive sport, second is as good as Utds second last year
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

From the Bunker

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 22, 2022, 07:05:34 PM
Quote from: From the Bunker on May 22, 2022, 07:02:20 PM
16th and second ..

I don't think clubs that have plenty money worry too much but I'm happy enough to use Shankly's quote in competitive sport, second is as good as Utds second last year

City don't care about the squids. But Liverpool do! They don't like to lose money!

laoislad

Aston Villa goalie assaulted during City fans pitch invasion   ::)
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: laoislad on May 22, 2022, 07:21:20 PM
Aston Villa goalie assaulted during City fans pitch invasion   ::)

By Stevie G?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

manfromdelmonte

RS fans were lining up to celebrate Everton's relegation in the last few weeks.
So I'm absolutely delighted for them today.

See you next season

Kidder81

laoislad

Quote from: manfromdelmonte on May 22, 2022, 07:27:56 PM
RS fans were lining up to celebrate Everton's relegation in the last few weeks.
So I'm absolutely delighted for them today.

See you next season
Them are fighting words  ;D ;D ;D
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

charlieTully

What a great week. The unwashed of Glasgow and Liverpool both losing. Couldn't be happier. Come on Madrid.

GiveItToTheShooters

Ah well, only the three trophies for the biggest club in England then. The blue shite to stay up and give us our usual 6 points next season and the Mancs ending up in the conference league after another year of banter-club football where they lost 9-0 to their bigger rivals over two games. These are the days.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: GiveItToTheShooters on May 22, 2022, 08:01:26 PM
Ah well, only the three trophies for the biggest club in England then. The blue shite to stay up and give us our usual 6 points next season and the Mancs ending up in the conference league after another year of banter-club football where they lost 9-0 to their bigger rivals over two games. These are the days.

Conference?

Wildweasel74

30 Million only get you half a decent player these days.

yellowcard

I doubt Liverpool really expected to win the League before today but that's bound to hurt given that it looked like they just needed to score a goal in the last 20 minutes before Man City went goal crazy.

Could be deflating for them heading into the CL final next week and with a few injuries against a much fresher Real side I think they could find it difficult to win in Paris. Madrid just don't lose CL finals.

Leeds staying up was a bit of a surprise and I don't think we will see Burnley playing top flight football again anytime soon. If Forest get promoted the division will be full of traditional clubs next season. United at least avoided sinking to the conference league, Ten Haag has a huge job on his hands next season.