Premier League 2021-22

Started by Boycey, July 12, 2021, 09:51:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TabClear

Quote from: johnnycool on August 05, 2021, 04:20:25 PM
Quote from: TabClear on August 05, 2021, 02:24:27 PM
Quote from: johnnycool on August 05, 2021, 02:21:46 PM
Quote from: nrico2006 on August 05, 2021, 11:58:51 AM
Are the PL not looking into City's finances now with the expectation there will be some punishment coming from their investigation?

Answer the PL to look at those club owners who've leveraged their debt onto the club rather than fresh money coming in with no strings attached.

This would not affect City. Ironically they are so loaded they do not have to leverage the club.

Hence Man City are in less danger of folding if the Arabs walked away.

Leeds back in the day were on the verge due to spending money they didn't have and financial rules are indeed needed.

I'd have my concerns about how Farhad Moshiri is "funding" Everton. Wonder if he's stumping up the cash himself or just borrowing cheap money on the never never!

Exactly. While this means that the "Club" is more secure as there are no 3rd parties with charges over the assets, it creates the problem that we are seeing now in that noone can go up against them financially. If money does not matter then how can other clubs compete.

Never mind Leeds, I dont think many fans understand just how close Liverpool were to the brink under Hicks/Gillette. If they had a "yes man" chairman  rather than Martin Broughton back then I have no doubt they would have been in serious difficulty, potentially into administration territory.

Boycey

Yis are bonkers if ya think City wouldn't be in trouble without the Arab money.....

Captain Scarlet

Messi on the move!
Harry Kane might not get the move yet.
them mysterons are always killing me but im grand after a few days.sickenin aul dose all the same.

TabClear

Quote from: Boycey on August 05, 2021, 06:51:55 PM
Yis are bonkers if ya think City wouldn't be in trouble without the Arab money.....

Define trouble?

Of course if the Arabs walked away there would be a fire sale as they could nt afford the wages etc. As far as I understand it there is no debt on the club so all the sales would generate profit and while they would not be able to compete at the level they are at now, they would resettle after a period as a mid/lower table premier league team like Crystal Palace/Brighton etc and would just have to live within their means.

johnnycool

Quote from: Boycey on August 05, 2021, 06:51:55 PM

Wage bill would be their biggest issue I'd have thought if the Arabs pull out.

The player assets they have on their books could tide them over for a few years till that realigned.

it didn't seem to matter when Manchester united were the billy big balls with all the buying power at the inception of the CL as we know it and the wealth it brought.

The playing field was as unlevel then as it is now.

PSG and City have upset the traditional big clubs so something had to be done it seems...

thewobbler

I don't think the comparisons with United are fair. United paid heavily for key players but they buttressed their squad with average players like May, Berg, Brown, Phil Neville, Butt, the twins, O'Shea, Fletcher, and so on, who each got hundreds of appearances.

If any of them had wanted to leave they would never have been subject to a bidding war, or a transfer record for the buying club. They were solid players who knew their roles and helped balance the budget.

City are going to have a bench this season that would comfortably finish in the top 4 in England. A raft of "second string" players earning more money than any key player in 12-14 clubs in their league. And if they weren't earning such stupid money, then every other club would love to take them off city's hands. But they can't.

It's a farce.

thewobbler

... and have a look at the CL benches for the great Barca team and Madrid team of recent years. 1-2 game changers, 2-3 steady players and 2-3 non-entities. Even these cash rich superclubs had to balance their star power with thin squads.

The playing field was never level, but now there's a giant f**king drain at one end.

johnnycool

Quote from: thewobbler on August 05, 2021, 09:30:22 PM
... and have a look at the CL benches for the great Barca team and Madrid team of recent years. 1-2 game changers, 2-3 steady players and 2-3 non-entities. Even these cash rich superclubs had to balance their star power with thin squads.

The playing field was never level, but now there's a giant f**king drain at one end.

Some of these "cash rich" superclubs never had the nails to scratch their own arses and were living on the never never. Real and Barca are proof of that if you ever needed it.

PSG and Man City owners are pumping in their own money, new money into the business and not leveraging the club to the toydolls like the Glazers are doing and like Hicks and Gillette nearly did at Liverpool.

FFP should go after these owners who are draining money from the game. The percentage of debt vrs income should decide the transfer budgets.

NAG1

Where does the Grealish move leave our 'Arry now?

I would have thought even for City another 150m might be a bit much, or do they just bring both in and go for it?

We know that spurs won't let him go cheap.

lurganblue

Quote from: NAG1 on August 06, 2021, 10:59:47 AM

I would have thought even for City another 150m might be a bit much, or do they just bring both in and go for it?

i still think they will go for Kane but they'll make it look ok by off loading a few too. B Silva for 1.

The Messi news may have rocked them a bit though cos i am sure they would have been very interested in his availability.

Armagh18

Quote from: lurganblue on August 06, 2021, 11:05:30 AM

i still think they will go for Kane but they'll make it look ok by off loading a few too. B Silva for 1.

The Messi news may have rocked them a bit though cos i am sure they would have been very interested in his availability.
They'll surely sign Messi if this Barca news is true.

Milltown Row2

Did Pep and Messi get on? and why would you bring in a player on his wages at his age? Crazy, he'll be off to PSG if he goes at all
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

johnnycool

Quote from: Armagh18 on August 06, 2021, 11:10:11 AM

The replica jersey market itself would cover his wages for a week or two  ;D

Real pulling the plug on the CVC deal ballsed Barca up by the looks of it..

Captain Obvious

It's true and looks like Messi for PSG more than Manchester City.

Armagh18

Quote from: Captain Obvious on August 06, 2021, 11:47:38 AM

It's true and looks like Messi for PSG more than Manchester City.
Messi to City and Ronaldo home.... Let them go at it again.

Poor Neymar if that PSG rumour is true. Surely one of PSG's big boys will leave it Messi signs.