PDC Premier League of Darts

Started by Seany, March 12, 2010, 12:22:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GiveItToTheShooters

Just a load of lads getting dressed up in stupid costumes for a piss up and singing irrelevant football songs. They'd know more about a big loaf than they would about darts

Tony Baloney

It is full of banter merchants treating it like a stag do. They couldn't give a shite about the darts.

Ghost

Brilliant match there. As talented as he is, I'll never tire of seeing Price getting beat. Hope Smith goes on to win the whole thing now.

Itchy

2 great games there, brilliant drama.

SHEEDY

2 great games but crowd were a disgrace. They've been poor all tournament, English nationalism/Brexit crowd in all its glory
nil satis nisi optimum

RedHand88

Quote from: GiveItToTheShooters on January 01, 2022, 09:52:04 PM
Just a load of lads getting dressed up in stupid costumes for a piss up and singing irrelevant football songs. They'd know more about a big loaf than they would about darts

Isn't that all darts is?

square_ball

I don't think the crowd has been as bad over the years as it is this year. Booing players on their throw, cheering bad darts etc. is ridiculous.

2 great games last night. Smith probably playing the best of the remaining 4.

Itchy

I'm only a casual fan but what was all the booing about, just little Engerlanders cheering their own? Michael Smith seemed like a gent after anyway, said the shouting put him off too. First time I saw a player asking for someone to be removed from the crowd.

thewobbler

Quote from: Itchy on January 02, 2022, 11:30:50 AM
I'm only a casual fan but what was all the booing about, just little Engerlanders cheering their own? Michael Smith seemed like a gent after anyway, said the shouting put him off too. First time I saw a player asking for someone to be removed from the crowd.

It's social media behaviour reflecting itself into the real world. People have become so accustomed to thinking it acceptable to vociferously and unrepentantly target "opponents" online, that it's breaking its way into sport.

See the man hurtling his pint at a losing horse the day before for more evidence.

People are c***ts.

GiveItToTheShooters

Quote from: RedHand88 on January 02, 2022, 09:18:02 AM
Quote from: GiveItToTheShooters on January 01, 2022, 09:52:04 PM

Isn't that all darts is?
No

square_ball

This final could turn into a damp squib very quickly. Smiths doubles have been atrocious so far.

Hoof Hearted

Do these 2 boys not realise the holidays are over and alarms are set for early tomorrow  !!
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

Hoof Hearted

thewobbler

Strange game.

It's close. The lead is changing hands regularly. There's been a ball of 180s and some great checkouts.

All the ingredients are there.

But it feels flat.

Hoof Hearted

Quote from: thewobbler on January 03, 2022, 09:50:09 PM
Strange game.

It's close. The lead is changing hands regularly. There's been a ball of 180s and some great checkouts.

All the ingredients are there.

But it feels flat.

Commentators though try and turn it into the best sporting spectacle in the world