The Official Tennis Thread

Started by Doogie Browser, January 26, 2010, 11:25:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SLIGONIAN

Come on Murray... hope the scot wins his first slam, and he will never have a better chance with alot easier opponent in semi final than fully fit Nadal so should have more in the tank than the other semi as they will take alot out of each other.

Djorkovic and Federer will be some semi final match. Expect a 5 setter.
"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"

thebigfella

Anyone notice that Nadal only gets beat because he has an injury, not that the other player was better on the day?

Doogie Browser

Murray wins in 4 sets and plays Djokovic in the final.

anportmorforjfc

Quote from: Doogie Browser on January 28, 2011, 12:31:35 PM

Hopefully Djokovic hammers him!

Minder

Quote from: anportmorforjfc on January 28, 2011, 12:45:27 PM

He will have his work cut out against Djokovic.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

BennyHarp

Quote from: anportmorforjfc on January 28, 2011, 12:45:27 PM

I dont mind Murray - I'd like to see him win it, he has put alot of work into his game to improve his fitness  and strength and been there or there abouts for a while now. I certainly wouldnt begrudge him a grand slam title.
That was never a square ball!!

nrico2006

Quote from: thebigfella on January 26, 2011, 01:36:57 PM
Anyone notice that Nadal only gets beat because he has an injury, not that the other player was better on the day?

I notice that every time Nadal does lose that there is some sort of injury to blame, sore loser.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Minder

Quote from: nrico2006 on January 28, 2011, 01:46:01 PM

I notice that every time Nadal does lose that there is some sort of injury to blame, sore loser.
Did he not hurt his leg in the third game? It's not as if got tanked and then said he was injured. He has also had a lot of injuries, due to the style of his play.

Doogie Browser

Nadal was under P from the start of the first set so it was not him 'blaming injuries' as some have said. 

anportmorforjfc

Quote from: Minder on January 28, 2011, 02:13:32 PM

Did he not hurt his leg in the third game? It's not as if got tanked and then said he was injured. He has also had a lot of injuries, due to the style of his play.

Yep he did and had an injury time out in the 1st few games. Exactly its not like he was 2 sets down before the injury happened!

anportmorforjfc

Murray SPOTY already if he wins sunday?

Minder

Quote from: anportmorforjfc on January 28, 2011, 02:42:23 PM
Murray SPOTY already if he wins sunday?

That's what I was thinking. I wonder would you get a price for it before the final?

HowAreYeGettinOn

It's now or never for Murray. No Federer or Nadal on the other side of the yet, and he has gone through all the razzmatazz of an Australian Open final already last year.

Djokovic is playing very well, and must be close to overtaking Federer as no. 2 in the world, having now beaten him twice in succession in Grand Slam semi-finals. But really, if you'd offered Murray a place in the final against Djokovic, he'd have bitten your hand off. He couldn't ask for a better opportunity.

nrico2006

Quote from: Minder on January 28, 2011, 02:13:32 PM

'Style of his play'?  He isn't running about taking hits while going for the ball, he is using the same methods as every other player during a game - he serves, chases the ball, returns, volleys, smashes and hits forehands and backhands.  He is not the greatest tennis player of all time, he is beatable yet anytime he does get beat it seems to never be because he was beat by the better man but because of some injury.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Minder

Did you not read the above posts Nrico? He pulled a muscle in the third game and had an injury timeout in the first set.

Read the article below about his "style of play".

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2009/08/29/AR2009082902120.html