Sinn Fein? They have gone away, you know.

Started by Trevor Hill, January 18, 2010, 12:28:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sid waddell

I see Sinn Fein are now seething at the ending of the 12.5% corporate tax rate after years of claiming to want to raise the rate.  ;D

And SF supporters are more in favour of keeping the 12.5% rate than supporters of other parties.

Absolute shameless chancers.  ;D

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Bring it on although a UI would see SF go into decline-I suppose maybe they would see that as job done as that was their only policy for years

Armagh18

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on October 07, 2021, 01:08:59 PM
Bring it on although a UI would see SF go into decline-I suppose maybe they would see that as job done as that was their only policy for years
Would it? Who would take their place? As bad as they are they're still 100x better than anything else north or south!

Cavan19

Quote from: sid waddell on October 07, 2021, 12:14:21 PM
I see Sinn Fein are now seething at the ending of the 12.5% corporate tax rate after years of claiming to want to raise the rate.  ;D

And SF supporters are more in favour of keeping the 12.5% rate than supporters of other parties.

Absolute shameless chancers.  ;D

Minions will follow the leader.

Itchy

Personal opinion, I dont think too many multi nationals are coming to Ireland these days solely for our corporation tax. A modest increase will make no difference to investment and it is merited. In fact the international community needs to find a way to make big business pay their fair share full stop. I don't agree if SF are saying hold it at 12.5%.

Tres Bien

Quote from: Itchy on October 07, 2021, 01:28:19 PM
Personal opinion, I dont think too many multi nationals are coming to Ireland these days solely for our corporation tax. A modest increase will make no difference to investment and it is merited. In fact the international community needs to find a way to make big business pay their fair share full stop. I don't agree if SF are saying hold it at 12.5%.

Whatever about whether their stance is right or wrong, can be discussed or agued.

SF wanting to maintain 12.5% as the CT rate down south is a long held position they've had for 10 years plus. People trying to spin this as them now pivoting to maintain it are extremely disingenuous and dishonest.

Here's an article from 11 years ago wanting to maintain the 12.5% rate.

https://www.irishexaminer.com/news/arid-30482478.html

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: Armagh18 on October 07, 2021, 01:14:57 PM
Would it? Who would take their place? As bad as they are they're still 100x better than anything else north or south!

They just don't have the talent within their ranks or experience to operate an economy. Opposition is easy in the south. British handouts easy in the north

Itchy

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on October 07, 2021, 11:38:00 PM

They just don't have the talent within their ranks or experience to operate an economy. Opposition is easy in the south. British handouts easy in the north

Have you seen the people in the South who hold office? You cant have if you think that. I would wager most independent commentators, even those completely at odds to SF, would say that there are much more talented TDs in SF than other parties. Mary Lou, Eoin O Broin, Pearse Doherty for example are way ahead of their counterparts.

Armagh18

Honestly don't think they could be any worse than the corrupt shower of tramps in power in the south for the years, literally laughing at the ordinary people while cleaning them. And Mary Lou, Doherty and EOB are excellent.

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Mary Lou -no(uses mansplaining retort everytime she is in bother)

Other 2 are good but in reality O'Broin's policies would not withstand current economic challenges. They are telling the electorate what they want to hear without any credible alternatives

Itchy

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on October 08, 2021, 11:28:45 AM

Other 2 are good but in reality O'Broin's policies would not withstand current economic challenges. They are telling the electorate what they want to hear without any credible alternatives

On Mary Lou - do you think the other leaders are better. Leo Varadkar and Michael Martin. Seriously now.

Cavan19

Quote from: Itchy on October 08, 2021, 08:38:45 AM

Have you seen the people in the South who hold office? You cant have if you think that. I would wager most independent commentators, even those completely at odds to SF, would say that there are much more talented TDs in SF than other parties. Mary Lou, Eoin O Broin, Pearse Doherty for example are way ahead of their counterparts.

Doherty the party finance spokesman who made a tit of himself on twitter in relation to anti money laundering protocol. He is ok to roar and shout  in a well prepared statement likely written by someone else but i would have serious doubts about this ability.

Boycey

Quote from: Itchy on October 08, 2021, 12:23:00 PM

On Mary Lou - do you think the other leaders are better. Leo Varadkar and Michael Martin. Seriously now.

Being a good orator doesn't make someone a good politician. Sinn Fein are miles ahead, always have been in my opinion, on how to present their point. Sitting on the opposition benches and talking the talk is relatively easy it's possible we'll soon find out whether they can walk the walk.

I'm not convinced..

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: Boycey on October 08, 2021, 02:01:47 PM
Quote from: Itchy on October 08, 2021, 12:23:00 PM

Being a good orator doesn't make someone a good politician. Sinn Fein are miles ahead, always have been in my opinion, on how to present their point. Sitting on the opposition benches and talking the talk is relatively easy it's possible we'll soon find out whether they can walk the walk.

I'm not convinced..

Sin é go díreach

Itchy

Quote from: Cavan19 on October 08, 2021, 01:37:10 PM
Quote from: Itchy on October 08, 2021, 08:38:45 AM

Doherty the party finance spokesman who made a tit of himself on twitter in relation to anti money laundering protocol. He is ok to roar and shout  in a well prepared statement likely written by someone else but i would have serious doubts about this ability.

Tell me the FF and FG politicians you admire so since all the SF ones are no good. This should be good!!!