Holidays

Started by Oakleafer93, June 03, 2009, 01:17:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 03, 2021, 12:32:52 PM
Looking to go to Manchester (half term) from Belfast.... I take it there are no restrictions in terms of requiring a PCR test or lateral flow test?

dont know but everything is open, night clubs etc, no masks

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on September 03, 2021, 12:45:46 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 03, 2021, 12:32:52 PM
Looking to go to Manchester (half term) from Belfast.... I take it there are no restrictions in terms of requiring a PCR test or lateral flow test?

dont know but everything is open, night clubs etc, no masks

Well the kids wouldn't fancy me going to the night clubs as I'll only make a fool of myself in front of them. So will stick to the bars for food and drink. maybe hit china town and take a trip into Liverpool also
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

TabClear

Quote from: Rois on September 01, 2021, 03:42:31 PM
Quote from: JohnDenver on September 01, 2021, 11:55:52 AM
Hopefully those who have flown recently will be able to advise the best options here regarding least amount of tests needed

Based in the north
Travelling to Spain
Double vaccinated

Fly from Belfast to Spain and home via Dublin
Fly From Belfast to Spain and home via Belfast
Fly from Dublin to Spain and home via Dublin

Based on what I've read here I am thinking the top option, Belfast to Spain and then home via Dublin and travel back north - but hoping somebody that's done it can clarify

I flew out and in from Dublin to Geneva. No one checking tests on journey home, filled in passenger locator form correctly with northern address and mobile number.  So top option sounds good if handy. No tests. A risk worth taking if you can avoid flying back into Belfast.

I do lateral flow tests every third day. Spent pregnancy, birth and first 8/9 months of my new baby's life in lockdown. Haven't been near a pub. Not going to apologise for spending two weeks in the Alps where case numbers were a fraction of what they are here.

Heard "Roisin from Lurgan" being quoted on the Radio Ulster news yesterday morning when they were discussing Covid apps/passports etc. We should have just pointed the BBC to this thread  ;) ;)

screenexile

Just back from Portugal after flying from Belfast.

Did the Randox Amber travel pack (£86 with Easyjet code). The only issue with it is having to travel to Antrim for a dropbox but it worked well and got the results back within 12 hours.

We didn't realise that you can take your Day 2 test as soon as you land which unfortunately for us meant going home past the fecking dropbox and then travelling back to Antrim to deliver the test results. It's only 40 mins away but just to make anyone else aware of it who lives west.

Used Qured to come home (£33 with BA code. Chronomics are cheaper but had no tests available when I went to book), they delayed the conference call by about 20 mins but worked perfectly for all of us so have no problems recommending them even though you can find some very bad reviews online!!

Don't forget your passenger locator forms also!

Hope whoever goes away enjoys it I know I certainly did!!

bennydorano

Chat in the weekend papers that testing for returning to the UK is to be scrapped by Halloween.

Boycey

Hi folks.

Got tasked last night with ensuring a couple of older friends of mine get to and from Lanzarote with no hassles. How do I get talked into these things  :). Flights are booked, it's just Covid requirements.

Flying Dub/LAN, had a quick Google last night and my interpretation was that they needed to just fill out a form on Spanish government website and get a QR code for travel out and fill out passenger locator form online for return journey? No testing involved?

Anyone recent experience, thanks.

CitySlicker11

Assume they are vaccinated? Download the EU digital covid cert and complete locator forms is all that is required.

Helix.

Quote from: Boycey on September 19, 2021, 08:22:07 AM
Hi folks.

Got tasked last night with ensuring a couple of older friends of mine get to and from Lanzarote with no hassles. How do I get talked into these things  :). Flights are booked, it's just Covid requirements.

Flying Dub/LAN, had a quick Google last night and my interpretation was that they needed to just fill out a form on Spanish government website and get a QR code for travel out and fill out passenger locator form online for return journey? No testing involved?

Anyone recent experience, thanks.
Flew here yesterday with Ryanair. Upload your COVID cert on Spain Travel Health App. It's scanned on entry at airport. Hotel required copy of EU digital certificate in hard copy. Good to go after that.

screenexile

Is there any update on an EU Covid very for those vaccinated in NI but Irish passport holders??

There were articles about it early last week but nothing since.

bennydorano

Quote from: screenexile on September 19, 2021, 11:47:20 PM
Is there any update on an EU Covid very for those vaccinated in NI but Irish passport holders??

Assuming that's Covid cert? To get the EU digi cert, If you have a NI online vaccine cert (or a paper version with QR code), you can already download the ROI Covid Tracker app and it will accept the NI cert if you scan it ( I got the daughter to scan mine, then I had to scan it again from the ROI app) uploaded no bother, I'm double app'd.

Harold Disgracey

Quote from: bennydorano on September 20, 2021, 02:25:28 PM
Quote from: screenexile on September 19, 2021, 11:47:20 PM

Assuming that's Covid cert? To get the EU digi cert, If you have a NI online vaccine cert (or a paper version with QR code), you can already download the ROI Covid Tracker app and it will accept the NI cert if you scan it ( I got the daughter to scan mine, then I had to scan it again from the ROI app) uploaded no bother, I'm double app'd.
I have also done this.

screenexile

Did it last night and it works 100% thanks benny!

screenexile

Quote from: screenexile on September 21, 2021, 12:01:06 PM

So apparently scanning your NI Covid cert into the Irish App isn't actually a bona fide EU COVID cert.

Has anyone had any luck with the new portal? I managed to get my QR code accepted this morning but haven't received anything back as yet and sounds like people are having bother uploading their QR code all day.

themac_23

Quote from: screenexile on September 30, 2021, 11:59:08 PM
Quote from: screenexile on September 21, 2021, 12:01:06 PM

So apparently scanning your NI Covid cert into the Irish App isn't actually a bona fide EU COVID cert.

Has anyone had any luck with the new portal? I managed to get my QR code accepted this morning but haven't received anything back as yet and sounds like people are having bother uploading their QR code all day.

I was in Italy last week, I found a site online that let me scan my 2 QR codes from the Covid NI app and gave me the EU cert which saved onto my wallet(on iPhone) I used this a few times in Sorrento and it scanned through no bother, il see can I hunt out what the site was, when I scanned the QR codes in I got the new pass through pretty much straight away

themac_23

https://www.getcovidpass.eu

thats the 1 I used, I used the camera on my laptop to scan the QR code off my phone and was able to get it to work, try that see does it still work, it got me in no bother in places in Italy and also was scanned in the airport coming home. Hope this helps