The Many Faces of US Politics...

Started by Tyrones own, March 20, 2009, 09:29:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eamonnca1

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on September 15, 2021, 05:07:40 AM
$276m down the drain in California

I'd like to say the taste of the conservative tears is worth it, but it isn't. I could have waited another year for the Rethuglicans to get another trouncing at the normal election time. This was the last gasp of the dying GOP in California. It was their last chance of stealing power in their present form. Only when they implode and return to reality based politics will they stand a chance of getting near a statewide office here.

Gmac

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on September 15, 2021, 07:17:36 PM

I'd like to say the taste of the conservative tears is worth it, but it isn't. I could have waited another year for the Rethuglicans to get another trouncing at the normal election time. This was the last gasp of the dying GOP in California. It was their last chance of stealing power in their present form. Only when they implode and return to reality based politics will they stand a chance of getting near a statewide office here.
276m is what Gavin's edd gives to criminals in a week.
L

J70

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on September 15, 2021, 07:17:36 PM

On the bright side, Elder is, so far, not following through on the Big Lie/voter fraud bullshit. Presumably the margin put paid to any such hopes.

Although I'm sure Sydney, Rudi and the rest of Elite Strike Force or whatever it was are waiting anxiously by the phone.

Gmac

Quote from: Gmac on August 30, 2021, 03:01:32 AM
Joe and co just killed 9 people including 6 children in a rocket attack ,they tried to say they killed members of isis first . The lies and incompetence are unbelievable, are the taliban providing them locations to target ? or killing people for them in other words.
finally same clean today about this
Meanwhile 10k mostly from Haiti are at the border in Texas trying to enter the country. 200k again last month stopped at border and joes first move is to stop drones flying over so no one can see what's happening, his seals in the media will keep clapping though.
Joe going from one disaster to another, will the fbi and co try create some trouble tomorrow in DC so they can get back to the white supremacy narrative ? I think so

whitey

Quote from: Gmac on September 17, 2021, 10:50:40 PM
Joe and co just killed 9 people including 6 children in a rocket attack ,they tried to say they killed members of isis first . The lies and incompetence are unbelievable, are the taliban providing them locations to target ? or killing people for them in other words.
Meanwhile 10k mostly from Haiti are at the border in Texas trying to enter the country. 200k again last month stopped at border and joes first move is to stop drones flying over so no one can see what's happening, his seals in the media will keep clapping though.
Joe going from one disaster to another, will the fbi and co try create some trouble tomorrow in DC so they can get back to the white supremacy narrative ? I think so

If Trump was responsible for the drone strike we'd be looking at a war crimes trial

Gmac

Quote from: whitey on September 17, 2021, 11:04:42 PM

If Trump was responsible for the drone strike we'd be looking at a war crimes trial
a lot of the media and dems were losing their minds when he took out solemani

Hound

The false equivocation to Trump actions and statements is par for the course.
But the glee from the Republicans when the US military make a tragic mistake is a very interesting phenomenon

J70

Quote from: whitey on September 17, 2021, 11:04:42 PM

Right, because there were no errant drone strikes resulting in civilian deaths under Trump. ::)

J70

Joe is responsible for the problems in Haiti, Brazil and Chile that are causing the current influx of Haitians to the border?

The FBI are going to cause the whack jobs to riot today?

You really are gullible and stupid as a plank with the right wing nonsense you spout. Next few days you'll resurrect the thread again to tell us that Arizona presidential election WAS stolen (I think the "report" is finally coming).

J70

Quote from: Hound on September 18, 2021, 06:56:51 AM
The false equivocation to Trump actions and statements is par for the course.
But the glee from the Republicans when the US military make a tragic mistake is a very interesting phenomenon

There is simply no morality or empathy in the current guise of the Trump GOP, Fox News and the rest.

All that matters is them retaining power and owning the libs, who apparently are otherwise going to take "their" country away.

whitey

Quote from: J70 on September 18, 2021, 12:01:45 PM

Joe is responsible for the problems in Haiti, Brazil and Chile that are causing the current influx of Haitians to the border?

You really are gullible and stupid as a plank with the right wing nonsense you spout. Next few days you'll resurrect the thread again to tell us that Arizona presidential election WAS stolen (I think the "report" is finally coming).

Did Trumps policies not act as a deterrent against all these people showing up at the border?

IIRC the Democrats fought him tooth and nail and never passed up the opportunity of a good photo op

Funny how we don't hear too much about kids in cages anymore

J70

Quote from: whitey on September 18, 2021, 12:06:56 PM
Quote from: J70 on September 18, 2021, 12:01:45 PM

Did Trumps policies not act as a deterrent against all these people showing up at the border?

IIRC the Democrats fought him tooth and nail and never passed up the opportunity of a good photo op

Funny how we don't hear too much about kids in cages anymore

Of course Trump's policies were a deterrent. Ripping kids from their parents and shipping them across the country was designed to do exactly that.

That doesn't make what he did any less monstrous. The Dems were absolutely right to fight him.

The kids in cages was all over the news until a month or two ago. NBC, for example, were running nightly broadcasts about it. Back in the spring the likes of AOC was hammering the administration on it.

So either they're finally starting to deal with the numbers I.e. they were able to bulk up the capacity to house and process or ship out all of these people, or the news cycle simply moved on to other things like Afghanistan or Covid.

whitey

https://www.google.com/amp/s/mobile.reuters.com/article/amp/idUSKBN2BF2QB

Joe and Kamala are absolute clowns and have made this situation 50 times worse than it was

J70

Quote from: whitey on September 18, 2021, 02:07:41 PM

Joe and Kamala are absolute clowns and have made this situation 50 times worse than it was

So the smuggling infrastructure outlined in this article was conjured into existence in the two months after his inauguration?

whitey

Quote from: J70 on September 18, 2021, 02:20:50 PM
Quote from: whitey on September 18, 2021, 02:07:41 PM

So the smuggling infrastructure outlined in this article was conjured into existence in the two months after his inauguration?

They opened the floodgates

200K apprehended last month - the highest in 20 years