Kildare v Mayo AI Qualifier Round 3

Started by Dinny Breen, June 25, 2018, 09:32:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jinxy

The view on Off The Ball is that the primary consideration for HQ here is SKY and the H&S excuse doesn't hold water.
The Gardai are happy for it to go ahead in Newbridge.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

joemamas

Quote from: Jinxy on June 25, 2018, 07:18:14 PM
Good discussion on Newstalk now.

They are talking some shi*e, one of them reckon 15k Kildare supporters will show up to Croke Park.

seafoid

Quote from: Mac2 on June 25, 2018, 07:25:27 PM
Quote from: seafoid on June 25, 2018, 07:20:45 PM

https://www.irishtimes.com/sport/gaelic-games/gaelic-football/gaa-insists-kildare-will-forfeit-mayo-qualifier-if-they-don-t-play-at-croke-park-1.3543393
The GAA will not be budging on their decision to fix Saturday's round three All-Ireland football qualifier between Kildare and Mayo for Croke Park - despite the clear threat from Kildare that they will not be showing up.

Kildare were entitled to home advantage, having been drawn first from the bowl earlier on Monday morning, but a meeting of the GAA's Central Competitions Control Committee (CCCC) later decided that the capacity at St Conleth's Park in Newbridge was not suitable for "health and safety" reasons.

Kildare officials had already aired their discontent and have now indicated they are not willing to play the game anywhere other than at home in Newbridge.

"We are making it clear that we will not play this game in Croke Park," said a Kildare statement. "St Conleth's Park is perfectly capable of hosting the tie on an all-ticket basis, Newbridge is perfectly capable of dealing with the number of supporters that will attend."

However the GAA are no longer open to discussion on the matter, and the game will be played in Croke Park as double-header with the meeting of Cavan and Tyrone.

"The game has been fixed for 7pm in Croke Park, and that is not going to change under any circumstances", Feargal McGill, the GAA's director of games administration, told The Irish Times.

"We fully appreciate where Kildare are coming from. We don't take home venue off of a team lightly. However, health and safety has to come first. It's that simple. The last thing we wanted to do was take this out of Newbridge, but we simply had no choice. There is no room for manoeuvre, not when it comes to health and safety. If Kildare don't show up in Croke Park on Saturday at 7.0pm the game will be awarded to Mayo."
When all other excuses dry up..
Health and safety is the purest shite

Jinxy

If you were any use you'd be playing.

snoopdog

Hopefully Cavan and Tyrone will make similar statements as it stupid that they have to travel to Dublin also. Mayo nned to support Kildres decision. Fair play to Kildare about tims someone stood up to the stupidity of the business men that run the GAA

Shamrock Shore

This could be the story of the summer.

Better than the Jasesing football inanyways.

Farrandeelin

Quote from: Crete Boom on June 25, 2018, 07:25:20 PM
Does anyone get the feeling that Croke Park just refixed the game thinking Kildare would say nothing and go along with it?

Of course. Fair fucks to Kildare. Don't give in.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

longballin

Farrandeelin

Quote from: Rossfan on June 25, 2018, 07:23:43 PM
Anyone know why the Leitrim game is at half feckin 2 on a Saturday?

You know the GAA want the 'weaker' teams out early.

sligoman2

If kildare dont show up in croker then Mayo should do the same.  Health and safety my arshe, make it all ticket for whatever the approved crowd is.
Despicable behavior by the gaa in this instance, without players they are nothing so time to stand together and stick it to them.  I hope Mayo do the right thing and stand with Kildare by refusing to play in croker....
I used to be indecisive but now I'm not too sure.

SHEEDY

Fair play to kildare. Cian o'neill spoke excellently on the news,  they deserve a home draw. Hopefully they stick to their guns.
nil satis nisi optimum

tonto1888

Fair play to Kildare. Hope they stick to their guns

Mayo4Sam

Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

Farrandeelin