WOT? No Antrim v Offaly thread?

Started by Hurler on the Bitch, May 25, 2010, 11:43:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnneycool

Quote from: Two Hands FFS on May 27, 2010, 10:34:37 PM
Quote from: slow corner back on May 27, 2010, 10:21:43 PM
As with many things in the slow decline of antrim hurling the long list of nicknames has also declined. Of that starting 15 there is only a hippy(jr) and a shorty. A sad reflection on the state of our hurling and our imaginations. Although we may have a winker on the bench? ??? ???
Was thinking that as well. We need players with nicknames before we can get back to where we were at the late 80's/early 90's.
By the time the opposition where figuring out who the hell was clute, beaver, Jew & Woody were we had the match won

Sure with the mix of a thick North Antrim accent and the whiney Frankie accent no one south of Louth will be able to understand any of them anyway

Fairhead

Going on Dinny's first couple of seasons last time around with Antrim id expect he will have them well fired up and they will go hard from the start. But i imagine if Offaly get a good start or weather the initial Antrim onslaught that they will go on to win by at least 6/7 points. Looking at the Antrim team on paper (im sure they wont line out that way) they dont have enough ball winners in the forwards and will be looking to McManus a lot. The strength in depth for Antrim is just not anywhere near strong enough to compete at this level.

slow corner back

I would expect Antrim to be better than they were in the national league ( they could not be much worse), however I do not think Antrim have enough scoring power to compete with Offaly. Fourteen months ago the two teams met with both having a chance of promotion to Div 1. On the day Offaly could hit points from 60 yds wheras Antrim needed to be within 30 to 40 yds of the posts to score. Offaly won comfortably that day and I expect something similar tomorrow. Antrims only hope tomorrow is that Offaly build up a lead then go to sleep as some of the Offaly posters have suggested.  >:(

Hurler on the Bitch

Quote from: slow corner back on May 29, 2010, 08:51:59 PM
I would expect Antrim to be better than they were in the national league ( they could not be much worse), however I do not think Antrim have enough scoring power to compete with Offaly. Fourteen months ago the two teams met with both having a chance of promotion to Div 1. On the day Offaly could hit points from 60 yds wheras Antrim needed to be within 30 to 40 yds of the posts to score. Offaly won comfortably that day and I expect something similar tomorrow. Antrims only hope tomorrow is that Offaly build up a lead then go to sleep as some of the Offaly posters have suggested.  >:(

One thing that could be crucial is that Antrim beat Offaly in the Walsh Cup final a couple of years back.  :P I heard also that Klute was seen at training on Thursday ....

GAA_Punter

Leinster Senior Hurling Championship quarter-final
Antrim 3-10 1-12 Offaly, Parnell Park, 3.30pm
After 36min play

http://www.sportsnewsireland.com/2010/05/30/gaa-sunday-live-scores-results-sunday-30th-may/

Midlands Man

Shock on here Offaly down by 5, 20 mins into second half and down to 14 men!!!!!!!!!

aontroim

Antrim 3-14 1-18 Offaly(14men), Parnell Park, 3.30pm
After 61min play

Down South

imtommygunn

Gees but this would be a big win.

5 minutes to go - nerve wracking stuff. Come on the saffrons!

aontroim

Antrim 3-14 1-19 Offaly(14men), Parnell Park, 3.30pm
After 66min play

Mickeys beard

Boil the Drawers!

orangeman

Quote from: imtommygunn on May 30, 2010, 04:57:07 PM
Gees but this would be a big win.

5 minutes to go - nerve wracking stuff. Come on the saffrons!

Sure would.

Offaly were 1/12 this morning.

Bogball XV

injury time - still 1 pt up

aontroim

Antrim 3-15 1-19 Offaly(14men), Parnell Park, 3.30pm
After 70min play

Bogball XV

4 mins injury time gone, offaly have a chance to level