Washout!

Started by Fionntamhnach, June 12, 2007, 04:08:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fionntamhnach

Parts of Omagh are supposed to be under a metre of water after heavy thunderstorms this afternoon.

Anywhere else just turned into small lakes?

GweylTah

T Fearon

Well at least the man above is not being prejudicial against one community only! ;D

ziggysego

I've never seen rain like it. Terrible.

The whole of Omagh is gridlocked and the middle of the town in flooded in patches up to one metre.

The electric is flicker here at work and all my appointments have cancelled.

Going to be a rough night..... hope I get home.
Testing Accessibility

ziggysego

I've just heard that the roof at Dunnes Stores has collapsed with the rain and apparently it was hit was lightening.

As I said, only a rumour.
Testing Accessibility

Fionntamhnach

Quote from: ziggysego on June 12, 2007, 04:47:55 PM
I've just heard that the roof at Dunnes Stores has collapsed with the rain and apparently it was hit was lightening.

As I said, only a rumour.
F**kin hell!
Here in the holy city there was some heavy rain for around 15/20 minutes but not the worst I've seen here. Greencastle apparently got away with a light shower!
On Q101, Paddy Hunter (sports reporter) said that he had never seen it as bad in Omagh.

ziggysego

Quote from: Fionntamhnach on June 12, 2007, 05:00:09 PM
Greencastle apparently got away with a light shower!

It's as dry as a bone. Hasn't rained all day.
Testing Accessibility

ExiledGael

Stuck in Belfast and it was the worst I've ever been caught in!
Seen countless cars broke down in huge puddles, thank God I'm out of it

The Gs Man

Keep 'er lit

thebandit

Still sunnny here in lovely Bandit Country

magickingdom

whats rain? ;D bone dry here in the magic kingdom

Square Ball

Terrible on the Ormeau road, missed the worst of it on the way home from work, but Eastwoods was under a few inchs of water, mind you it diddnt deter the punters. Manhole (strange word) covers  were bing lifted up by the force of the water from the sewers below and the road had been mangled in a few places.
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

ONeill

Welcome to Derrytresk.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

mooncatiii

in these country you'd think they would be better prepared for rain!  one heavy shoower and roofs in shops r comin through and everything! 

heard argos roof in Rushmere in craicavon fell through
shazam

Stranworst

Not happy with the washout at all, a barbeque/carry out had been planned for a fellas going away for weeks!! Didn't fancy heading to belfast in those conditions.

Also was complete shit in work the weather kept putting out our SIS feed so we were a bookies with no prices on the screens, no coverage, no nothing!