Michael Quinn of Essendon - Formerly Longford

Started by Maroon Heaven, September 04, 2009, 11:47:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maroon Heaven

Was called in to the Essendon side for todays match against Adelaide.

Making a hell of start today in only his 6th ever apperance in AFL. Commentators cann't get enough of him so far.

Stream up on myp2p for anyone interested. Presently end of first period

magickingdom

pintsofguinness

Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

Rossfan

Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Jinxy

Quote from: Maroon Heaven on September 04, 2009, 11:47:09 AM
Was called in to the Essendon side for todays match against Adelaide.

Making a hell of start today in only his 6th ever apperance in AFL. Commentators cann't get enough of him so far.

Stream up on myp2p for anyone interested. Presently end of first period

Don't mind the aussie rules commentators.
They wouldn't be out of place in the WWF.
Quinn is being torn asunder on the aussie rules boards.
Didn't sound like he had a good game at all.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

pintsofguinness

The Forfeit Point

no one seems to care because quinn isnt from one of the big counties, if this were tommy walsh or kyle coney you wouldnt hear the end of it.
a great player and a huge loss to longford football

INDIANA

Quote from: The Forfeit Point on September 05, 2009, 12:43:51 PM
no one seems to care because quinn isnt from one of the big counties, if this were tommy walsh or kyle coney you wouldnt hear the end of it.

Bit paranoid really- I like AFL myself. Most people here though have no interest in it. It is a GAA board.

RedandGreenSniper

The AFL thread on the non GAA section is only about three pages long for the whole season with talk about every Irish player out there. So people just aren't interested by and large. Lose the small man syndrome.
Mayo for Sam! Just don't ask me for a year

The Forfeit Point

Quote from: RedandGreenSniper on September 05, 2009, 01:08:46 PM

The AFL thread on the non GAA section is only about three pages long for the whole season with talk about every Irish player out there. So people just aren't interested by and large. Lose the small man syndrome.

hence why there was 16 pages of discussion here:

http://gaaboard.com/board/index.php?topic=9552.0

that said i did mean the media in ireland in general, he made the fastest debut for an irish player but hardly anyone knows that.
i agree that this should be in the non gaa section, as it clearly isnt gaa! :D

RedandGreenSniper

Quote from: The Forfeit Point on September 05, 2009, 01:44:39 PM
Quote from: RedandGreenSniper on September 05, 2009, 01:08:46 PM

hence why there was 16 pages of discussion here:

http://gaaboard.com/board/index.php?topic=9552.0

that said i did mean the media in ireland in general, he made the fastest debut for an irish player but hardly anyone knows that.
i agree that this should be in the non gaa section, as it clearly isnt gaa! :D

Yeah I take your point but 16 pages on Kyle Coney plays on the prejudice of most GAA people who hate the thought of players going to Australia. Most are delighted to hear of someone coming back as affirmation in our own games. Once they are in Oz, how they get on is not of great importance to most people. A pity I guess.

magickingdom

not everyone feels like that, i think aussie rules is a great game. i always follow how the irish players are doing there

Drumanee 1

RedandGreenSniper

Quote from: magickingdom on September 05, 2009, 03:13:38 PM
not everyone feels like that, i think aussie rules is a great game. i always follow how the irish players are doing there

I follow it too and would keep an eye on the Irish bucks. My point is that most people don't.

pintsofguinness

Quote from: Drumanee 1 on September 05, 2009, 04:01:06 PM
Quote from: pintsofguinness on September 04, 2009, 11:00:55 PM
Quote from: Rossfan on September 04, 2009, 10:04:45 PM
No.
Oh right, the AFL is part of the GAA now?  ::)

o it's the fcukin board police,lets get out of here!
I couldnt give a f**k where the thread is, but it's funny the crying that is done when the AFL are taking players yet some of you seem to think that it's part of our sport.

Maybe I'll start a thread on this section about John O'Shea or Shay Given and how they're careers in another sport is progressing ::)