Previous topic - Next topic

seanyb

Quote from: Cunny Funt on March 22, 2023, 04:43:25 PM
Quote from: seanyb on March 22, 2023, 04:39:33 PM
Quote from: Rudi on March 22, 2023, 04:33:11 PM
Quote from: Blowitupref on March 22, 2023, 04:25:15 PM
Quote from: Rudi on March 22, 2023, 04:17:54 PM
Quote from: Blowitupref on March 22, 2023, 04:13:28 PM
Jim McGuinness on Irish Examiner podcast recently said that himself and Karl Lacey was to be part Rory Kavanagh's Donegal management team and were expected to get the job only for county board to selected Paddy Carr.  He didn't like the way the Donegal county told the media as to say they pulled out of the running.

Jim thought at the time something fishy was going on with the selection committee and he a few on the selection committee went on to join Paddy Carrs management team.

Kavanagh steeped out because he got dogs abuse from supporters during & after St Eunans county final loss to Glenties.

Heard that story at the time also but it appears going by what Jim McGuinness said that they would come on board if selected.
Chat about Lacey in as manager, with Jim as head coach. Seemed to be a major hangover with Lacey not content with county board soon after. Feel sorry for Paddy Carr in all of this, a decent footballing man who left his principal post in a Meath school early. He's the fall guy, would have huge sympathy for him. But it was never going to work.

moneybags Jim will have to drop his involvement with Down if that's true

January news that ended such rumours

https://www.irishnews.com/sport/gaafootball/2023/01/29/news/mcguinness_not_part_of_down_management_laverty-3025049/

Lol from good sources, he is in regularly taking sessions.

Cunny Funt

Quote from: seanyb on March 22, 2023, 04:48:28 PM
Quote from: Cunny Funt on March 22, 2023, 04:43:25 PM
Quote from: seanyb on March 22, 2023, 04:39:33 PM
Quote from: Rudi on March 22, 2023, 04:33:11 PM
Quote from: Blowitupref on March 22, 2023, 04:25:15 PM
Quote from: Rudi on March 22, 2023, 04:17:54 PM
Quote from: Blowitupref on March 22, 2023, 04:13:28 PM
Jim McGuinness on Irish Examiner podcast recently said that himself and Karl Lacey was to be part Rory Kavanagh's Donegal management team and were expected to get the job only for county board to selected Paddy Carr.  He didn't like the way the Donegal county told the media as to say they pulled out of the running.

Jim thought at the time something fishy was going on with the selection committee and he a few on the selection committee went on to join Paddy Carrs management team.

Kavanagh steeped out because he got dogs abuse from supporters during & after St Eunans county final loss to Glenties.

Heard that story at the time also but it appears going by what Jim McGuinness said that they would come on board if selected.
Chat about Lacey in as manager, with Jim as head coach. Seemed to be a major hangover with Lacey not content with county board soon after. Feel sorry for Paddy Carr in all of this, a decent footballing man who left his principal post in a Meath school early. He's the fall guy, would have huge sympathy for him. But it was never going to work.

moneybags Jim will have to drop his involvement with Down if that's true

January news that ended such rumours

https://www.irishnews.com/sport/gaafootball/2023/01/29/news/mcguinness_not_part_of_down_management_laverty-3025049/

Lol from good sources, he is in regularly taking sessions.

No offence but I think I'd take Cahair O'Kane who's known for his regular informed articles than some rumoured "good sources"

Captain Obvious

Declan Bonner was kept on too long and Paddy Carr was probably a downgrade on Bonner.

seafoid

People thought Roscommon would be relegated...
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Itchy

However good or bad Carr is, pushing him out after 7 league games, a few weeks before championship is pure stupid.

From the Bunker

Quote from: Captain Obvious on March 22, 2023, 05:25:33 PM
Declan Bonner was kept on too long and Paddy Carr was probably a downgrade on Bonner.

The early years of Bonner looked promising. But as the years past, Donegal played with more and more fear every year. You almost felt they were content to remain on the periphery, just outside the big hitters.  They'd rater lose by a point by containment than have a go and lose by 4 or more and express themselves and have a go at winning.

Blowitupref

Quote from: seafoid on March 22, 2023, 06:19:51 PM
People thought Roscommon would be relegated...

The odds to be relegated from Div 1 before round 1.

Roscommon 8/15
Monaghan 6/5
Donegal 11/8
Armagh 4/1
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

trailer

As an ardent Tyrone supporter all I can say is...

DRINK IT IN!

ONeill

Sorry to see this going on. Donegal a great GAA county and for me the other county I like to see do well. They'll get it sorted.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

trailer

Quote from: ONeill on March 22, 2023, 10:28:53 PM
Sorry to see this going on. Donegal a great GAA county and for me the other county I like to see do well. They'll get it sorted.

Wise up

Aaron Boone

It would be Donegal's 3rd All-Ireland if they could bring Sam home this year, but I can't see it happening now. 

WhoDat

i said when they got bet by mayo that they looked to be in a very bad place. morale very low, no fight and confidence looked shot.

feel sorry for carr. the job was a poisoned chalice from the get-go. it really isn't his fault and it's a bit mad that he is the one walking away when really it sounds like the donegal county board needs a complete clear out from the top. absolute shit show.

Truth hurts

Will Jimmy go back in seeing his involvement with Down and the upcoming championship game, if he does go then the pay masters will look stupid and Down will have to change a lot.

Walter Cronc

A side point - I heard that when Donegal were in their pomp (McGuinness era),  he didn't want the county board getting their hands on any external funding. Think McGuinness had a few big London based contractors involved. So even back then things must have been bad!

Franko

Quote from: seafoid on March 22, 2023, 03:56:43 PM
This also due to the split season because it is impossible for counties to shake off poor form with no break between the end of the league and the start of the championship. There is no downtime to work on problems.

;D