America`s Gun Culture

Started by Wildweasel74, December 14, 2012, 06:00:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Piskin

Quote from: J70 on March 28, 2023, 10:54:31 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 28, 2023, 10:48:51 PM
It's the normalising those drills for kids that is bizarre, as I posted earlier no school shootings in the uk since Dunblane..

Americans are a strange bunch

The gun nuts have been utterly brainwashed. Gun ownership (of any type of weapon they desire) is a part of the culture war that has been surrendered as only one side has any significant number of motivated voters.

And they couldn't give a single f**k about someone else's dead child.

How many mass shooters in america were actually NRA members? In a large consumer society like the US people can get their hands on weapons too freely especially automatic weapons. Sadly America is a media laden society especially since 2002 so these murderous scumbags want to be infamous/famous because they are losers in reality. The decay of society in America is alarming, just look at Los Angeles & California in general. Mental Illness is rife yet these sick people are thrown out in the street. No quick fix to the mass shooting problem for sure when you have psychopaths out there who are not vetted.

Milltown Row2

So, are they looking to be famous? Are they sick? Or psychotic? And before 2002 the mass shootings were not happening?

Do you think there would be less mass shootings if there was no guns?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Piskin

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 01, 2023, 05:54:59 PM
So, are they looking to be famous? Are they sick? Or psychotic? And before 2002 the mass shootings were not happening?

Do you think there would be less mass shootings if there was no guns?

Some are after infamy, some are sick, some are psychotic, some are all 3. 1979 I think was the first mass shooting in San Diego by a school girl who happened to be psychotic. Yes there would be less mass shootings without guns, that is a given but as I said in a large consumer society there is also a large black market so guns will always be available to anyone who wants them. Mass shooters are basically serial killers who kill all at once, the majority of serial killers do not use guns to kill. America Media is all celebrity & violence. There is a military Industrial Complex that profits on violence, as I said American Society has broken down communally & mentally. But at the end of the day it is the person who commits these murderous acts are the problem and that is hard to curtail.

Milltown Row2

You're minimum 13 years behind this famous one
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/University_of_Texas_tower_shooting

If the person hadn't a gun would they be happening? No shootings in schools since Dunblane in the Uk? Are there less nut jobs in the uk or less guns? I've asked you this question already
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Piskin

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 01, 2023, 06:45:26 PM
You're minimum 13 years behind this famous one
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/University_of_Texas_tower_shooting

If the person hadn't a gun would they be happening? No shootings in schools since Dunblane in the Uk? Are there less nut jobs in the uk or less guns? I've asked you this question already

I said I think it was 1979, either way so what. of course no gun no shooting.. but people will get their hands on weapons regardless because of the large consumer society. I already told you that there is a problem in American Society so yes there will be more killings and also to demographics. Yes there are more nutjobs in America than the Uk just look at crime statistics per capita.

J70

Quote from: Piskin on April 01, 2023, 05:49:42 PM
Quote from: J70 on March 28, 2023, 10:54:31 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 28, 2023, 10:48:51 PM
It's the normalising those drills for kids that is bizarre, as I posted earlier no school shootings in the uk since Dunblane..

Americans are a strange bunch

The gun nuts have been utterly brainwashed. Gun ownership (of any type of weapon they desire) is a part of the culture war that has been surrendered as only one side has any significant number of motivated voters.

And they couldn't give a single f**k about someone else's dead child.

How many mass shooters in america were actually NRA members? In a large consumer society like the US people can get their hands on weapons too freely especially automatic weapons. Sadly America is a media laden society especially since 2002 so these murderous scumbags want to be infamous/famous because they are losers in reality. The decay of society in America is alarming, just look at Los Angeles & California in general. Mental Illness is rife yet these sick people are thrown out in the street. No quick fix to the mass shooting problem for sure when you have psychopaths out there who are not vetted.

Not sure what the NRA membership among mass shooters has to do with anything.

The issue with the gun nuts is that they are facilitating the easy availability of high capacity weapons to anyone who wants them, NRA member of not, and are refusing point blank to place even modest limits on who can get their hands on them, instead targeting the existing ridiculously lenient impediments.

Mental illness is of course a huge issue. Personally, I blame both sides of the political spectrum on this. The right doesn't want to pay to help those with mental challenges, despite all their attempts to use the issue to distract from the ludicrous availability of weapons. Both sides need to figure out the personal civil rights end of things to make it easier to get and keep people with these issues in treatment and to limit their access to legal weapons.

Piskin

Been through numerous Presidents & governments since this madness has been around yet all you get are platitudes etc. Of course limit the access to these high-powered weapons and stricter background checks but most of the mass shooters had clean backgrounds and from good families so it is hard to vet these insane people. The people who are passionate about their guns ie NRA members are not mass shooters. While there is money to be made on taxes with these weapons the US powers that be will do nothing. Anyways as I said when you have a massive black market economy these weapons are readily available so it's hard to fix this problem. You had it with the Prohibation Era when a black economy flourished which made the Kennedys rich to this day, the same will happen with guns. We have had the War on Alcohol, War on Drugs and they have been dismal failures, the War on Terror as well.

Gmac

Quote from: Piskin on April 01, 2023, 07:40:57 PM
Been through numerous Presidents & governments since this madness has been around yet all you get are platitudes etc. Of course limit the access to these high-powered weapons and stricter background checks but most of the mass shooters had clean backgrounds and from good families so it is hard to vet these insane people. The people who are passionate about their guns ie NRA members are not mass shooters. While there is money to be made on taxes with these weapons the US powers that be will do nothing. Anyways as I said when you have a massive black market economy these weapons are readily available so it's hard to fix this problem. You had it with the Prohibation Era when a black economy flourished which made the Kennedys rich to this day, the same will happen with guns. We have had the War on Alcohol, War on Drugs and they have been dismal failures, the War on Terror as well.
war on homelessness in sf has resulted in a 90% increase in homelessness but lots of fake charities and politicians have made money from it .

J70

Restrict legal availability, devote adequate law enforcement resources to the black market, and address mental illness. No reason that can't be done if the political will exists.

Milltown Row2

The deflection is shocking... nut jobs stop people having guns and move on.

Christians backing a person who's paying off mistresses is baffling

Gmac

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 01, 2023, 08:09:59 PM

hows the government in Northern Ireland doing ?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Gmac on April 01, 2023, 08:36:57 PM

Sure what do you care? As long as Trump is allowed to tap pussy all is good in the world

Gmac

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 01, 2023, 08:40:12 PM

Sure what do you care? As long as Trump is allowed to tap pussy all is good in the world
maybe you should go talk to your local politician about the situation  ?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Gmac on April 01, 2023, 08:44:34 PM

About Trump paying off mistresses? Not sure they'd be interested but I'll mention it to the my local councillor.

You're wild for defending (deflecting) the indefensible, whatever makes you sleep at night I suppose works

I hope he goes back in again tbh, you definitely deserve it

Gmac

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 01, 2023, 08:50:22 PM
Quote from: Gmac on April 01, 2023, 08:44:34 PM

About Trump paying off mistresses? Not sure they'd be interested but I'll mention it to the my local councillor.

You're wild for defending (deflecting) the indefensible, whatever makes you sleep at night I suppose works

I hope he goes back in again tbh, you definitely deserve it
thank you