The Official Aston Villa supporters thread

Started by Doogie Browser, October 23, 2008, 10:40:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

?

Doogie Browser

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on June 21, 2011, 12:38:45 PM
Downing signing completed and he couldn't wait to come home to have his new club photo taken!

You may have seen an image of Stewart Downing circulating the internet today. Brian Doogan, our head of media has spoken to Stewart Downing and he can confirm the picture is a FAKE.

Family guy

Is it just me or does all villa fans feel as tho they have been shafted the last few years what with the way o neilll was treated and then the way this whole summer has gone,went 2 put on my villa jersey the other day and hada think twice,fed up to the tits with the whole thing at the minute....rant over,any word of villa signing players instead of getting rid of there best players every year

lurganblue

Get rid of him if he wants to go tbh but get a fair price. I wouldn't have anyone at the club who doesn't want to be there. Sick seeing players leave but we need to have money to spend at some stage

Family guy

Maybe if the board showed a bit of interest and tried to sign a few players then downing wouldnt want to leave

lurganblue

They did fork out a fair few bob on bent a few months ago and this summer isn't over yet. I expect more signings and so should downing

Family guy

Hello is there anyone there at villa park????Is the lights even on,come on somebody do something,could be a long year

lurganblue

Good lad family guy. Talk on twitter that we have agreed 9.5m for N'Zogbia. I think that's a great bit of business. Slightly disappointed that villa aren't going to make a few more signings but hopes on some fringe players from last year either stepping up or making a comeback of sorts

Doogie Browser

N'Zogbia will be good business when done, half the price of Downing for a similar player.  Ireland might get more of a chance this season too to show the form of 2/3 yrs ago, but he is a rocket and could just as easily combust again.  Going to be a difficult season I think, need a bit more quality.

Offalylad

Villa need another winger along with N'Zogbia to come in I would imagine.

Mr. Nakata

N'Zogbia will be a great signing. I still hope the toffees will come in to scrap for his signature, but our finances or lack of are well documented.

lurganblue

Quote from: Offalylad on July 25, 2011, 12:56:30 PM
Villa need another winger along with N'Zogbia to come in I would imagine.

Hoping the emergence of albrighton will mean they don't need another winger.

Quote from: Mr. Nakata on July 25, 2011, 01:19:33 PM
N'Zogbia will be a great signing. I still hope the toffees will come in to scrap for his signature, but our finances or lack of are well documented.

Seems everton were interested but need to sell to buy.

Family guy

Suppose nzogbia will have to do alright,but still would like to see another 3 signings,hopeful thinking anyway

lurganblue

Quote from: Family guy on July 25, 2011, 08:49:11 PM
Suppose nzogbia will have to do alright,but still would like to see another 3 signings,hopeful thinking anyway

I think the club released a statement saying there would only be one more signing after Given. I'd like to see more after N'Zogbia but looks like they will be making do with what they have. I agree with Doogie B; another difficult season ahead.

Denn Forever

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/default.stm

Charles N'Zogbia moves from Wigan to Aston Villa after finalising a five-year deal.

That some wheeling and dealing by McLeish.
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

Family guy

Quote from: Denn Forever on July 29, 2011, 09:13:17 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/default.stm

Charles N'Zogbia moves from Wigan to Aston Villa after finalising a five-year deal.

That some wheeling and dealing by McLeish.

Hes a real dell boy just