The Official Aston Villa supporters thread

Started by Doogie Browser, October 23, 2008, 10:40:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

?

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: Doogie Browser on June 10, 2011, 05:23:41 PM
Quote from: lurganblue on June 10, 2011, 04:27:01 PM
Quote from: Doogie Browser on June 10, 2011, 12:42:09 PM
Jesus christ, Martinez turns us down now!!  Has anyone Roddy Collin's number?

This merry-go-round is starting to do my head in. The quicker a decent manager is in place, the quicker villa can begin to prepare. Hopefully it will result in less of the crap performances this season.  The main rumour on twitter is now David Moyes
Moyes was my choice from the start, however twitter rumours also that the Martinez thing was a smokescreen and Hughes is still the choice!  Either way you are right, needs to be sorted soon as the squad needs plenty of work.

You could be right about the smokescreen as they didn't even speak to him.  I heard today that Hughes is under some contractual obligation with Fulham that he can't speak to another club till after the 30th June I think so I would imagine he will be in at that stage.

lurganblue

Moyes would certainly be my choice and he's who I voted for in the poll above. I think it is wishful thinking tbh. I still cannot understand Hughes leaving Fulham without him being slightly tempted away by a position at another club.

Big Puff

It may sound crazy but i think Neil lennon would be the right man for villa at the min.

Hoof Hearted

Quote from: Big Puff on June 10, 2011, 06:57:42 PM
It may sound crazy but i think Neil lennon would be the right man for villa at the min.

birmingham fans would looking to kill him before august would be out, and they aint even in the same league !
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

SHEEDY

nil satis nisi optimum

lurganblue

It would be a feckin disgrace IMO. surely only rumour and bullshit

lurganblue

Protest outside villa park tomorrow night by fans as it looks like Alex the ballix is a cert. Statement from the club read that he, as a free agent, will be interviewed for the post soon.

Doogie Browser

What a mess this is turning into, the man has 2 relegations in 3yrs on his CV, there was hardly a whimper about McClaren compared to the uproar on the Villa forums now!
Looks like its going to happen.

ziggy90

McLeish officially appointed manager this morning. I hope he does the same for you as special agent Ridgewell done for us. KRO.
Questions that shouldn't be asked shouldn't be answered

Doogie Browser

Stop all the clocks, cut off the telephone...

brokencrossbar1

Downing signing completed and he couldn't wait to come home to have his new club photo taken!

Doogie Browser

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on June 21, 2011, 12:38:45 PM
Downing signing completed and he couldn't wait to come home to have his new club photo taken!

Seen that!  Just need to ensure we get the right money for the loyal cnut now (£20m +)

brokencrossbar1

I reckon that's knocked at least £5m off any money, that's even better than a transfer request!!! ;D

Doogie Browser

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on June 21, 2011, 01:00:50 PM
I reckon that's knocked at least £5m off any money, that's even better than a transfer request!!! ;D
Spme saddos on the Villa forums claiming it was photoshopped etc, looking at how many fingers on their hands  :D
Fcuk it, they are all a dis-loyal shower of greedy hoors, Unleash the McLeish I say!!