The Official Aston Villa supporters thread

Started by Doogie Browser, October 23, 2008, 10:40:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

?

Denn Forever

Good leaving present from Milner though Villa didn't seem to need him.
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

John Martin

I heard Albrighton was quite good today.
Villa need a few youngsters to step up as they probably wont add to the squad before January with the uncertainty over the manager.

lurganblue

Quote from: John Martin on August 14, 2010, 08:03:49 PM
Villa need a few youngsters to step up as they probably wont add to the squad before January with the uncertainty over the manager.

Agree with this. Doesn't look like any signings are gonna happen. Villa looked good today but west ham are brutal and so I wouldn't read too much into it. Rapid Vienna will be a very tough test.

Sad to see Milner leave but I had to respect his attitude today. He obviously put in a very good performance with the knowledge that he's leaving in a few days. Fair play

shark

Quote from: lurganblue on August 15, 2010, 12:24:15 AM
Quote from: John Martin on August 14, 2010, 08:03:49 PM

Agree with this. Doesn't look like any signings are gonna happen. Villa looked good today but west ham are brutal and so I wouldn't read too much into it. Rapid Vienna will be a very tough test.

Sad to see Milner leave but I had to respect his attitude today. He obviously put in a very good performance with the knowledge that he's leaving in a few days. Fair play

Albrighton was very good alright.  Himself Clark, Delfounso, Wiemann, Bannan and Lichaj could all see plenty of action this year.  All highly rated.
Villa were good yesterday, but West Ham were shocking so won't be getting carried away.

John Martin

Maradona is interested in the job at villa according to BBC.
That would be interesting.

Doogie Browser

ITV4 at 5.30pm folks, Villa v Rapid Vienna, a youthful squad and a chance to see some of the younger players at close quarters, hopefully the Fonz gets a run out as an early goal would be good for his season.

edit for team: Guzan; Lichaj, Beye, Davies, Warnock; Albrighton, Reo-Coker, Hogg, Downing. Bannan; Heskey

lurganblue

Worried about this one after looking at that lineup. Vienna are dangerous too

Leo

O'Neilll wanted at least £10m pofit on Milner
So far so good

O'Neill wouldnt touch Stephen Ireland with a barge pole

Ok you got the deal - new thread please!

Gebuine A V fans should now link to Championship website
Fierce tame altogether

Hoof Hearted

Stephen Ireland will be wondering what he has got himself in to !!

6-0 defeat
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

under the bar

If there was ever a time to pick up a Villa player on the cheap it is over the next 9 days.  Any reasonable offer would be followed by an immediate transfer request by the player.

paco

Quote from: under the bar on August 22, 2010, 03:34:44 PM
If there was ever a time to pick up a Villa player on the cheap it is over the next 9 days.  Any reasonable offer would be followed by an immediate transfer request by the player.

What makes you think that?

lurganblue

What the f**k has happened villa defensively this season? That lad baye has been caught out all night. Stinkin. Out if Europe again ffs

lurganblue

Myself and some mates are planning on going to a villa match in November, preferably the villa v arsenal match on the 27th. What's the chances of getting tickets? Do you guys get your tickets through the website?