The Official Aston Villa supporters thread

Started by Doogie Browser, October 23, 2008, 10:40:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

?

ross4life

Quote from: Archie Mitchell on January 20, 2010, 09:49:13 PM
Quote from: ross4life on January 20, 2010, 09:44:48 PM
Quote from: Archie Mitchell on January 20, 2010, 09:40:45 PM
Well done Villa. Good to see Dunne get to a final. Pity it's with Villa and not possibly City.

do i sense fear?

No. City aren't in the final yet. They possibly can be in the final, hence why I included the word possibly.

just checking dear boy ;)  thats why i used ?
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

orangeman

delighted for martin o'neill -  i've always thought he was a great manager -

it's no fluke that he has done a job wherever he has went.

stew

Quote from: orangeman on January 21, 2010, 12:02:15 AM
delighted for martin o'neill -  i've always thought he was a great manager -

it's no fluke that he has done a job wherever he has went.

He has but there are eejits on here that think him an ' unproven manager'.  :D :D :D :D :D
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

Family guy

Great result,now the lookout for a ticket ;D

bigfrank

Does anyone know what airport in London you should fly to if your for wembley?? just dreaming and pricing flights here on easyjet..they pretty cheap....

Archie Mitchell

Does it matter? Im assuming all airports will have transport to the area you will be staying in. You should go for the cheapest option as there are a number of different options, compared if you were just getting a flight to Birmingham for a Villa game.

bigfrank

yeah hear what ur sayin archie...dont know london that well...thought there may have been a huge difference is distance....just priced tickets for final....cheapest i could find anywhere was 335 quid :( and thats behind the goals...... flights only 30 quid tho...

Archie Mitchell

Where did you get that price for tickets? I have heard Wembley is a rip off but wouldn't think ticket prices would be that dear. Champions League final tickets were going for less than that last year.

muppet

Quote from: bigfrank on January 21, 2010, 03:54:02 PM
Does anyone know what airport in London you should fly to if your for wembley?? just dreaming and pricing flights here on easyjet..they pretty cheap....

Heathrow/London City probably the closest with good connections. Luton also not too far but don't know about transport on the ground. Stansted quite a bit away and Gatwick is miles away though again both have frequent connections into the city.
MWWSI 2017

bigfrank

Quote from: Archie Mitchell on January 21, 2010, 04:10:05 PM
Where did you get that price for tickets? I have heard Wembley is a rip off but wouldn't think ticket prices would be that dear. Champions League final tickets were going for less than that last year.

I spent ten minutes on google going thru every ticket website there was and they all had the cheapest tickets priced at that...335 :( i presume maybe after the next semi is played they will drop or clubs will sell them for a better price or something....

Archie Mitchell

Them websites are just glorified ticket touts. I'd say book the flights anyway (saying as they are cheap) on the off chance you get a decent priced ticket.

bigfrank

Easy jet: Belfast city to london luton

sat 27th feb to 1st march.....38 quid.... Those tickets at that price seem ridiculous...

ross4life

The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Norf Tyrone

Bigfrank

If you can get flights into Heathrow they are handiest. Heathrow links straight into the underground system, so you can be in the centre of London in 20mins for a couple of quid.

Gatwick is next closest, but there is little differance between that and Stansted. Both offer regular trains into London city which take about 45-60 minutes, and cost roughly £23.

Never used Luton before, but it would be a bit of a trek.

Match tickets are easier obtained for this than the FA Cup final. Try your local LOI or IL club. We got ones via Finn Harps in 1998. Or even try local referees, they too can get access to them.

If you got flights reasonably priced, I'd take them and worry about the tickets later.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Minder

"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"