The Official Aston Villa supporters thread

Started by Doogie Browser, October 23, 2008, 10:40:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

?

Gazzler

Quote from: ziggy90 on May 31, 2012, 02:17:19 PM
I see it's been reported (BBC Midlands) that Paul Lambert has resigned from Norwich City and is the new favourite for the Vile hot seat. If this is true I fail to see the logic  behind it. He seems to be a professional (and successful) in the way he goes about his work, something that is alien to the ethos of the (shite) club he 'aspires' to manage. While it grieves me to see a manager of his (seemingly good) calibre going to the midden that is Vile Park, I am sure those Dung Eaters will soon drag him down to their level.
Get a life ffs. That all makes you sound like a 12 year old.

ziggy90

That from someone who stalks ECU around the playground. >:(
Questions that shouldn't be asked shouldn't be answered

Gazzler

Quote from: ziggy90 on May 31, 2012, 02:43:51 PM
That from someone who stalks ECU around the playground. >:(
Are you sure you aren't him? I thought only he wrote stuff as childish as that.

ziggy90

shark

I think it's pretty obvious that Villa are a major step up from Norwich. Lambert has done extemely well with Norwich but realistically it's hard to see them bettering their performance this season.  All Lambert has to do is finish midtable with Villa next season and he will have had a successful season, as almost anything will seem better than the season they've just had. 

ziggy90

Quote from: shark on May 31, 2012, 03:50:17 PM
I think it's pretty obvious that Villa are a major step up from Norwich. Lambert has done extremely well with Norwich but realistically it's hard to see them bettering their performance this season.  All Lambert has to do is finish midtable with Villa next season and he will have had a successful season, as almost anything will seem better than the season they've just had.

Thank fcuk, someone with a bit of wit about them. Yes Vile as a club are bigger than Norwich but their fans demand more than is feasible. McCleish never stood a chance there because of his BCFC connection but Lambert won't be given much of a honeymoon period either. Contrary to a lot of people's opinion MON wasn't flavour of the month down there, and I don't think Lambert is as an accomplished manager as he is yet. We'll see.

Geoff Tipps

Quote from: ziggy90 on May 31, 2012, 04:34:07 PM
Quote from: shark on May 31, 2012, 03:50:17 PM
I think it's pretty obvious that Villa are a major step up from Norwich. Lambert has done extremely well with Norwich but realistically it's hard to see them bettering their performance this season.  All Lambert has to do is finish midtable with Villa next season and he will have had a successful season, as almost anything will seem better than the season they've just had.

Thank fcuk, someone with a bit of wit about them. Yes Vile as a club are bigger than Norwich but their fans demand more than is feasible. McCleish never stood a chance there because of his BCFC connection but Lambert won't be given much of a honeymoon period either. Contrary to a lot of people's opinion MON wasn't flavour of the month down there, and I don't think Lambert is as an accomplished manager as he is yet. We'll see.

And because his teams play mind numbingly boring football.

ziggy90

ziggy90

orangeman

Bit of great news  -

Stiliyan Petrov has been given good news in his battle with acute leukaemia after the Bulgarian international's club Aston Villa confirmed that the disease was now in remission.

"It is with great delight that the club can confirm on behalf of our long-standing captain, Stiliyan Petrov, that Stan's acute leukaemia is in remission," a statement said on Villa's website (www.avfc.co.uk).

"Stan would like to take this opportunity to express his deep gratitude to the medical staff who have looked after him so well since his condition was diagnosed just over four months ago.

"He also wishes to place on record again his profound sense of appreciation for the incredible outpouring of love and support he has received from Villa fans, his team-mates and colleagues at the club, as well as football fans and many more people around the world during this period."

Petrov was diagnosed with acute leukaemia in March this year after he developed a fever following a Premier League match against Arsenal.

ziggy90

Quote from: orangeman on August 02, 2012, 05:50:50 PM
Bit of great news  -

Stiliyan Petrov has been given good news in his battle with acute leukaemia after the Bulgarian international's club Aston Villa confirmed that the disease was now in remission.

"It is with great delight that the club can confirm on behalf of our long-standing captain, Stiliyan Petrov, that Stan's acute leukaemia is in remission," a statement said on Villa's website (www.avfc.co.uk).

"Stan would like to take this opportunity to express his deep gratitude to the medical staff who have looked after him so well since his condition was diagnosed just over four months ago.

"He also wishes to place on record again his profound sense of appreciation for the incredible outpouring of love and support he has received from Villa fans, his team-mates and colleagues at the club, as well as football fans and many more people around the world during this period."

Petrov was diagnosed with acute leukaemia in March this year after he developed a fever following a Premier League match against Arsenal.

Delighted at this news. I hope it won't be too long until he's back (earning mine and every other Birmingham fan's friendly scolding ::)).

ziggy90

Good wishes to Stan and his family for Christmas and New Year.

Now back to business. There is an old saying "that what's seldom is wonderful" well yesterday did its best to confirm that adage. I had an eight course dinner, followed by after eights, followed by eight pints, followed by eight hours of blissful zzzzzzzzzzzzz's.

Happy Christmas to all you Vile fans out there (he, he). ;D

ziggy90

Oh the TWELVE GOALS of Christmas my true love sent to me.

maddog

Yes indeed Ziggy90 had a grin on him last night as wide as the m6. Who have they got next ? :o

EC Unique

Serious problems here. 15 goals conceded in 3 games must be a record!