Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hurlingstick

Hope Lamh Dearg and Cloughmills can give the county a wee boost this weekend. Good luck to both teams. Lamh Dearg play in Owenbeg at 12.30 and Cloughmills in Loughiel at 2.30pm. Cloughmills will probably face a similar style as Loughiel did on Sunday given they play Carrickmore.

Seamroga in exile

Good luck to both  Antrim teams tomorrow.
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

theskull1

Biddies the more efficient outfit as they beat Carrickmore by 6. Carrickmore will be kicking themselves with the wides they struck over the hour both from frees and open play
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

hurlingstick

Quote from: theskull1 on October 30, 2016, 04:06:51 PM
Biddies the more efficient outfit as they beat Carrickmore by 6. Carrickmore will be kicking themselves with the wides they struck over the hour both from frees and open play

Carrickmore were brutal. Striking, handling and passing were all poor. I'd imagine Cloughmills will need to up their game for Keady in two weeks time.

Last Man

Quote from: hurlingstick on October 30, 2016, 07:07:30 PM
Quote from: theskull1 on October 30, 2016, 04:06:51 PM

Carrickmore were brutal. Striking, handling and passing were all poor. I'd imagine Cloughmills will need to up their game for Keady in two weeks time.
Cloughmills will be none too happy with their performance today although they took their scores easier than a middling Carrickmore side. Word from Tyrone was that they were motoring and going to give it a real lash. some of the frees they missed were awful never mind chances from play.  Carrickmore won most of the Cloughmills  puckouts  but rarely did anything useful with the possession.
Hope they can get traction for the Keady game as todays level might not be enough.

Na Glinntí Glasa

think we counted at least 7/8 frees that they missed over the hour. They were bound to have hit near 20 wides for the whole match at the end up?

Cloughmills will need to up their game for the next match as that was just enough to beat a poor Carrickmore side who played the whole second half with 14 men as well.
hurl like f**k boi!

hurlingstick

Quote from: Dunloy realist on October 31, 2016, 08:47:05 AM
think we counted at least 7/8 frees that they missed over the hour. They were bound to have hit near 20 wides for the whole match at the end up?

Cloughmills will need to up their game for the next match as that was just enough to beat a poor Carrickmore side who played the whole second half with 14 men as well.

Carrickmore had 17 wides. From 15 frees they scored 8 and missed 7. It was their free taker was sent off at halftime.

Cmills abu

Whilst carrickmore probably didn't play to the best of their ability cloughmills were always in control. Always thought had they needed to they could have stepped it up. As it was they didn't need to. Carrickmore have beaten keady a couple of times already this season and would be perceived to be a better outfit than keady. whilst cloughmills have nothing to fear they will need to be better v keady but keady will have to be at their best to beat cloughmills. That's for sure. 

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Cmills abu on November 01, 2016, 07:05:41 PM
Whilst carrickmore probably didn't play to the best of their ability cloughmills were always in control. Always thought had they needed to they could have stepped it up. As it was they didn't need to. Carrickmore have beaten keady a couple of times already this season and would be perceived to be a better outfit than keady. whilst cloughmills have nothing to fear they will need to be better v keady but keady will have to be at their best to beat cloughmills. That's for sure.

Hope that's the case as from memory Keady were always a difficult unit to beat at intermediate level... good luck
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Hurlingballs

I dont think so clougmills Abu, u never looked like being able to press on at anytime in your game.  With that performance I would be weary about progressing much further

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 01, 2016, 08:02:28 PM
Quote from: Cmills abu on November 01, 2016, 07:05:41 PM

Hope that's the case as from memory Keady were always a difficult unit to beat at intermediate level... good luck
Keady not too shabby but not sure they're as good as they have in previous years.

Cmills abu

Quote from: Hurlingballs on November 01, 2016, 08:06:02 PM
I dont think so clougmills Abu, u never looked like being able to press on at anytime in your game.  With that performance I would be weary about progressing much further

As I say keady are probably not as good as carrickmore but agree we need to be better. Only ballygalgat have beaten us in league or championship this year so confidence is high.

Na Glinntí Glasa

Quote from: Cmills abu on November 01, 2016, 08:45:57 PM
Quote from: Hurlingballs on November 01, 2016, 08:06:02 PM

As I say keady are probably not as good as carrickmore but agree we need to be better. Only ballygalgat have beaten us in league or championship this year so confidence is high.

I think you were more in control in the sense you got the goals at a vital time in the game. Have to wonder what their keeper was at each time for the goals coming out for a ball he couldn't get too. They shot shocking wides, esp from the placed ball, that keep them at arms lenght all the time during the match.

2 outstanding line balls from Micky Devlin, one in each half, for points was the highlight of the game for me.

Will take a much more improved performance to win the next day out but hopefully Cloughmills will progress to the Ulster Final.
hurl like f**k boi!

doodaa

I would have put Keady ahead of Carrickmore in terms of ability. Did Keady not operate in the Ulster Senior Championship for a few years? Experience like that would stand to them. That said ive not seen them play for a number of years now.

Cmills abu

Quote from: doodaa on November 02, 2016, 09:16:19 AM
I would have put Keady ahead of Carrickmore in terms of ability. Did Keady not operate in the Ulster Senior Championship for a few years? Experience like that would stand to them. That said ive not seen them play for a number of years now.

Not for a while. Middletown are the strongest team in Armagh last few years.  carrickmore won the ulster league this year. Keady were mid table. Still a strong team at this level though.