Leinster Senior football championship 2024

Started by Blowitupref, April 01, 2024, 09:25:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

twohands!!!

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 03, 2024, 01:33:47 PMOk so why are Dublins hurlers not doing what Limerick are doing with their money and less numbers that Dublin?

Because they were coming from a far lower base to start with.

If you look at where Dublin hurling was historically compared to where it is now, there is literally no comparison.

seafoid

Quote from: Rossfan on May 03, 2024, 08:44:22 AMMake Dublin a Province with 4 County Boards and 4 County teams.

at least 4.

Shamrock Shore

Only allows Dubs to

(i) Field previous years county champions as their teams less culchies with culchie clubs in previous 3 years.
(ii) Allow 3 wildcards to join them.
(iii) Play ALL their Leinster games outside of Croke Park. Make Portlaoise designated finals stadium for next 10 years.

seafoid

Quote from: Shamrock Shore on May 06, 2024, 10:15:13 AMOnly allows Dubs to

(i) Field previous years county champions as their teams less culchies with culchie clubs in previous 3 years.
(ii) Allow 3 wildcards to join them.
(iii) Play ALL their Leinster games outside of Croke Park. Make Portlaoise designated finals stadium for next 10 years.
Play leinster final as a surprise  in January so Longford can finally call a halt to the 15 in a row charade. 

Dunneroyal

I'm not a bitter royal towards louth. I really would love to see them create the shock of the century. But I just can't see it happening and also the draw makes for interesting position for louth. Their next game is winnable against a Meath team at sixes and sevens under Colm. They could get to a prelim quarter final by winning just that one game in a neutral venue (they should have beat us in league in navan). So what does louth management do ? Throw everything at Dublin and have a very despondent sore tired team still shifting a heavy defeat go out v Meath the following week ? Or play conservative don't waste too much energy avoid injuries and concentrate on the old rivals and giving Colm his p45.  I know which one I hope they do. But I fear they will be focused on Meath which worry's me immensely
Hon the royal

Blowitupref

Dublin

Stephen Cluxton
Seán MacMahon, Michael Fitzsimons, Eoin Murchan
Tom Lahiff, John Small, Cian Murphy
Brian Fenton, James McCarthy
Cormac Costello, Ciarán Kilkenny, Niall Scully
Paul Mannion, Con O'Callaghan, Colm Basquel.

Subs: Evan Comerford, Seán Bugler, Theo Clancy, Brian Howard, Jack McCaffrey, Ross McGarry, Killian McGinnis, Peadar Ó Cofaigh Byrne, Cian O'Connor, Lorcan O'Dell, Paddy Small.

Louth:

Niall McDonnell
Donal McKenny, Dan Corcoran, Peter Lynch
Conall McKeever, Anthony Williams, Craig Lennon
Tommy Durnin, Bevan Duffy
Tom Jackson, Ciarán Keenan, Conor Grimes
Ryan Burns, Sam Mulroy, Ciarán Downey.

Subs: Craig Lynch, Chris O'Neill, Peter McStravick, Liam Jackson, Dermot Campbell, Ciarán Murphy, Niall Sharkey, Leonard Grey, Ciarán Byrne, Conor Early, Paul Mathews.

Last years Leinster final  Dublin 5-21 Louth 0-15 and two championship meetings before that.

2019 Quarter final - Dublin 5-21 Louth 0-10
2012 Quarter final - Dublin 2-22 Louth 0-12

Handicap betting has Dublin to win by 15 points on Sunday.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

The Hill is Blue

Quote from: Rossfan on May 03, 2024, 08:44:22 AMMake Dublin a Province with 4 County Boards and 4 County teams.

Make Connacht a County with one team.
I remember Dublin City in the Rare Old Times http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9T7OaDDR7i8