Leo Varadkar becomes a racist

Started by highorlow, January 12, 2023, 12:33:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eire90

apparently protestors on rte were saying american albino refugees are being shipped in from georgia has   the facebook pandemic got out of control in ireland

Eire90

if ireland was to leave eu the likes ff and fg are to blame because lots of voters will just blame the eu for all immigration.

tyrone08

Quote from: J70 on January 13, 2023, 12:37:11 AM
Quote from: HokeyPokey on January 12, 2023, 11:46:30 PM
Refugees are living in tents in the middle of winter here and direct provision is widely regarded as inhumane and people get stuck in that system for years on end, but you wouldn't think it reading comments here.

I always hear about rural Ireland dieing and all the young people leaving, but wouldn't think it reading about small towns being 'at capacity' apparently.

Apparently the UK is going to become overran with Muslims, and the UK percentage of muslims currently stands at around... a staggering... 4%... yes,  a whole... 4%...

History should not be lost on us as Irish people. America's nativist movements has its roots in anti-Irish and anti-Catholicism.
Many of the Irish and many other white immigrants to the US became integrated by embracing racism against blacks.

Just because the Irish abroad were treated like dirt, does not mean we should treat migrants in a similar manner. We should have perspective and empathy and think ourselves better than those who treated us so badly.

I'm taking the family home this summer for the first time in a decade (first time for my youngest, second for my wife and oldest).

I can't comment on the general topic as I have no direct knowledge of what is going on there, but I'm expecting a drastically changed, bursting at the seams society going by much of what is being alleged here.

It is amazing how quickly people forget how we have been on the other end of it though.

Let us know what you think of Dublin when you visit. Was in it this year for the first time in years. Put it this way it will be years before I am in it again.

Rossfan

Quote from: Eire90 on January 13, 2023, 02:33:15 AM
if ireland was to leave eu ....
We wouldn't have an immigration "problem" then, we'd have a major Emigration problem as we'd go back to the 1950s or become a western Albania.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

tyrone08

Quote from: Rossfan on January 13, 2023, 10:04:15 AM
if ireland was to leave eu ....
We wouldn't have an immigration "problem" then, we'd have a major Emigration problem as we'd go back to the 1950s or become a western Albania.

There was a mass loss of people during the last recession. Wouldnt say being in the EU stopped it by any stretch.

thebigfella

Quote from: tyrone08 on January 13, 2023, 06:43:06 AM
Refugees are living in tents in the middle of winter here and direct provision is widely regarded as inhumane and people get stuck in that system for years on end, but you wouldn't think it reading comments here.

I always hear about rural Ireland dieing and all the young people leaving, but wouldn't think it reading about small towns being 'at capacity' apparently.

Apparently the UK is going to become overran with Muslims, and the UK percentage of muslims currently stands at around... a staggering... 4%... yes,  a whole... 4%...

History should not be lost on us as Irish people. America's nativist movements has its roots in anti-Irish and anti-Catholicism.
Many of the Irish and many other white immigrants to the US became integrated by embracing racism against blacks.

Just because the Irish abroad were treated like dirt, does not mean we should treat migrants in a similar manner. We should have perspective and empathy and think ourselves better than those who treated us so badly.

I'm taking the family home this summer for the first time in a decade (first time for my youngest, second for my wife and oldest).

I can't comment on the general topic as I have no direct knowledge of what is going on there, but I'm expecting a drastically changed, bursting at the seams society going by much of what is being alleged here.

It is amazing how quickly people forget how we have been on the other end of it though.

Let us know what you think of Dublin when you visit. Was in it this year for the first time in years. Put it this way it will be years before I am in it again.

Do explain.

armaghniac

These louts are now protesting outside schools and people are not sending their kids to school as a consequence, this is like Holy Cross except there is feck all policing.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Cavan19

Quote from: armaghniac on January 13, 2023, 10:15:41 AM
These louts are now protesting outside schools and people are not sending their kids to school as a consequence, this is like Holy Cross except there is feck all policing.

How do they get time of work for all this protesting ?

clarshack

was in the city centre before the 2021 All-Ireland Final, thought it was pretty grim myself especially around O'Connell street and by all accounts it has gotten worse since then.

Armagh18

Quote from: clarshack on January 13, 2023, 10:40:07 AM

was in the city centre before the 2021 All-Ireland Final, thought it was pretty grim myself especially around O'Connell street and by all accounts it has gotten worse since then.
druggies, beggars etc etc. Belfast no better.

whitey

Lol

I did the open bus tour with the wife and kids before the pandemic and pick up was outside the Gresham

Eye opening to say the least.

We got a cab back to our Airbnb when it was done.....felt very unsafe

HokeyPokey

Dublin, like many other Irish cities and towns is a victim of bad or a lack of government policy. Just like housing and the inability to deal with an influx of refugees.

They don't want or know how to get things done. Ireland has one of the highest rates of death by drugs in Europe. We know the current approach doesn't work. But drug addicts aren't voters and policies which would make a difference would probably go down badly with their older more conservative supporters. People don't seem to care about when a drug addict dies. Portugal and many other countries have shown that decriminalisation is the way to go, but we have sat on our hands while the body count keeps rising.

The housing crisis too is no doubt placing a limit on our economic potential too. It's causing no end of social problems. Solving this and providing more community supports and ways to keep young people busy and under the influence of positive role models would go a long way to dealing with anti-social behaviour. There's plenty of good proven examples of how many societal issues can be tackled in other countries, but too often our politics are driven by cynical optics.

burdizzo

if ireland was to leave eu the likes ff and fg are to blame because lots of voters will just blame the eu for all immigration.

What are you on about? No party supports leaving the EU. However, there is no doubt that the EU encourages and promotes immigration.

AustinPowers

Quote from: Armagh18 on January 13, 2023, 10:40:49 AM
Quote from: clarshack on January 13, 2023, 10:40:07 AM

druggies, beggars etc etc. Belfast no better.

Even with the sectarian tension   , I always felt  far safer  in Belfast  than I ever did in Dublin.  There's just an uncomfortable feeling  and many's a dodgy character  all around you in Dublin.  I only ever go there for  GAA matches now.  I don't intend to be back in  it for any other reason

Rossfan

Quote from: Cavan19 on January 13, 2023, 10:23:48 AM
Quote from: armaghniac on January 13, 2023, 10:15:41 AM

How do they get time of work for all this protesting ?
Don't be threatening them scumbags with a 4 letter word like WORK.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM