30 (19.1%)
No - Typical Nordies causing mischief as usual
21 (13.4%)
Should not have to. GAA HQ should already have called a replay
106 (67.5%)

Total Members Voted: 157

Voting closed: January 26, 2023, 11:37:12 AM

GAABoardMod5

Play should stop at the first break in play after "official" time is up. 

This will be the final window for substitutions. 

The amount of additional time will be announced before play resumes.  Referee can extend additional time in case of time-wasting.  No further subs allowed...not even in case of injury. 

Tough, but fair.

GAABoardMod5

And while I'm at it...I presume HQ can never review TV coverage again without an objection being in place from an aggrieved party (the loser of the game usually) which is an odd precedent to set for themselves, since they refuse to act on this case without an objection.

Very odd from HQ.

lenny

Itchy

Really GAA should act on any wrong doing and not pass the buck to Glen.

HiMucker

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 24, 2023, 09:55:09 PM
Quote from: Wildweasel74 on January 24, 2023, 09:48:29 PM
Why make 2 subs 2 mins into Injury time, with only 3mins of injury time, of course it was to waste time.

And MOR would have definitely done the same, I've seen it loads of times in games
So has anyone who's watched more than a handful of games lol. Standard enough

Baile an tuaigh

It must be very emotionally and mentally draining for the players on both teams.

rodney trotter

Quote from: lenny on January 24, 2023, 10:03:08 PM
Quote from: imtommygunn on January 24, 2023, 09:53:14 PM
Objection in...

Disappointed in Glen, sore losers.

They were entitled to appeal, its hardly sore losers. Kilmacud would have done the same. The GAA probaly wouldn't be passing the buck if it had happened to kilmacud.

HiMucker

Objection in...

No chance! Well saying your a Magherafelt man lenny lol. I don't think they are bad losers in any shape or form.

mrdeeds

Objection in...

Sore losers? Kilmacud broke one of the fundamental rules. Deserve to punished.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: HiMucker on January 24, 2023, 10:06:02 PM
Why make 2 subs 2 mins into Injury time, with only 3mins of injury time, of course it was to waste time.

And MOR would have definitely done the same, I've seen it loads of times in games

So it's either ok and within the rules so why would anyone be annoyed about it?

Change the rules to reduce use of subs in injury time or just add on full minutes for each sub, regardless of how many.. but only against the team in front lol! Can you imagine being behind by 2 points and have 5 subs to put on, that's 5 extra minutes on top of the normal injury  ;D
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

HiMucker

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 24, 2023, 10:17:39 PM
Quote from: HiMucker on January 24, 2023, 10:06:02 PM

So it's either ok and within the rules so why would anyone be annoyed about it?

Change the rules to reduce use of subs in injury time or just add on full minutes for each sub, regardless of how many.. but only against the team in front lol! Can you imagine being behind by 2 points and have 5 subs to put on, that's 5 extra minutes on top of the normal injury  ;D
Well it is within the rules, and I wouldn't be annoyed about it unless it's happening against my team lol. But you can be annoyed about something and it be within the rules. It's clearly something that practically all teams exploit to get an advantage. Is it for the benefit of our games? I would say most people would agree its not, and the organisation clearly has an obligation to tweak or change any rules in order to improve our games. I think a stop clock would be the best solution. Then subs for time wasting is irrelevant.

lenny

Quote from: HiMucker on January 24, 2023, 10:12:09 PM
Objection in...

No chance! Well saying your a Magherafelt man lenny lol. I don't think they are bad losers in any shape or form.

The fairest thing now is for the GAA to impose a fine on Crokes for having 16 players on the pitch for 10 seconds of the 64 minutes.

Milltown Row2

It can be exploited also, so it's got to be no subs in injury time
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

mrdeeds

Quote from: lenny on January 24, 2023, 10:34:03 PM
Quote from: HiMucker on January 24, 2023, 10:12:09 PM
Objection in...

The fairest thing now is for the GAA to impose a fine on Crokes for having 16 players on the pitch for 10 seconds of the 64 minutes.

17 players

HiMucker

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 24, 2023, 10:34:21 PM
It can be exploited also, so it's got to be no subs in injury time
Expain that one for me? Do you mean exploited as in using the subs to break up momentum or what? As surely a stop clock, you would just have it stopped when a sub is being made in injury time, and when it's up its up? I like the idea of the last play the ball has to go dead or the team winning is fouled in possession.