R.I.P. Farrandeelin

Started by saffronandblue, February 05, 2023, 07:10:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

From the Bunker

No funeral arrangements announced yet for Farr. It's hard not crossing the line of Anonymity on this forum when taking about Farr. Some posters here knew Farr in person while others (like me) knew him from his user name on this forum. Never realised he was so young. And I realise now his perspectives were from a man 20 years less of life experience than mine (and I know, I did little growing up in that period).  I'll miss the trepidation he always had in the lead up to any games involving Mayo or Knockmore. He always had a (mostly wrong) bad feeling leading up to those games. It always made me smile.

highorlow

R.I.P,

very sad news, everything already said here is also echoed by myself,

They get momentum, they go mad, here they go

SLIGONIAN

Rest in peace, very sad news, always enjoyed his insights and rivalry

Condolescenes to all the mayo posters on here and his friends and family.
"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"

Blowitupref

Laid to rest this afternoon. RIP.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Goldengreen

RIP Farrandeelin. Always had very good posts he will be missed.

seafoid

The death notice mentioned  donations to a heart charity. It's awful when people die so young.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Tatler Jack

Sincere condolences to the family of Farr.  One of the great posters here and I can go back to his pre Farrandelin days when he was Cnoc Mór! Like many he always feared the worst and hoped for the best when Mayo were playing. Above all he was courteous, good humoured and well informed (I think he won the Gaaboard championship prediction competition last year).

The regular and long serving posters here feel like part of one's family and like another Mayo poster that we lost not the long ago (Lar Naparka) Farr will be missed.  Clearly a young man with a young family his death is a huge loss to all his family and those who knew and loved him.

RIP Farr