Game of Thrones - Spoilers

Started by Dinny Breen, June 21, 2016, 10:49:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Under Lights

As do I. He wilder the theories the better. I do think that there has defiantly been a change in shock value since they no longer have the book to follow- afeared now of fan uproar

brokencrossbar1

Great show and last night was excellent. The battle scenes were reminiscent of the battle scenes in Braveheart I thought. Snow definitely showing that he is a great rally leader but his softness is a weakness, Sansa definitely harder and clearly is getting into bed in more ways than one with Little Finger. Bolton was a great character and your man acted his ass off with him. Also the likelihood of a lesbian coupling between the Mother of Dragons and the Iron Island lass is inevitable. Really looking forward to the final show next week!!

On a side note, in a recent house clearance I found some old books from my teenage years, I came across a first edition hardback of the first book. It's in mint condition and worth between £300 and £500. I gonna see if I can pick the other 3 initial first editions as a complete set is worth up to £5k!!!

gallsman

Hopefully the other half of the Tower of Joy scene is this week and were finally get confirmation of who Jon's parents are and perhaps what it might mean for the future.

Also think Cersei, Tommen or both are doomed as Cersei inevitably fucks up her wildfire plan.

heffo

Best episode yet - brilliant stuff

omagh_gael

If anyone of you are podcasters I'd highly recommend Bald move. They do three podcasts a week on GoT (as well as lots of other tv series). They do an instant take (20-30mins) directly after the show airs and on Tuesday evenings they release a breakdown of the episode that doesn't contain book spoilers. On Friday they have a spoiler edition that contains theories based on GRRM's source material. An excellent listen if you've time to tune in.

Personally, Battle of the Bastards was my favourite episode of the lot. The Red Wedding didn't hit me as hard as I'm a book reader so knew it was coming. I have thoroughly enjoyed this season apart from the ending of Arya's story in Bravos. No way does she take those gut shots and carry on as she does.

My theory are that Cersei will lose her trial and unleash the wildfire to destroy Baelors Sept. She will take everyone she can, including Tommen (don't forget she would have taken her own kids lives at the end of the battle of Blackwater before Tywin showed up).

Varys will be in Dorne negotiating a safe landing spot for Danerys (Dorne are still loyal to Targareyns). Kings Landing will be bucked due to Cersei and it'll be a case of all paths leading to the north for an epic battle with the WWs.

Three dragons to be mounted by three Targareyens: Danerys, John and Tyrion.

Over the Bar

I preferred GoTs earlier series which left you WTF just happened. Since Jon Snow came back things take a more predictable turn.  Ramsey was always going to be a mere sideshow villain  and Sansa  & Jon Snow were always going to win that battle.  Most predictable of all was Ramsey being fed to his own dogs after losing Winterfell.  Series 6 a huge disappointment thus far.   

Hopefully when it ends eventually Denarys isn't Queen of the 7 kingdoms and the wildlings to defeat the Whitewalkers!  That would be utter boke!

gallsman

I don't think there will be seven kingdoms to rule at the end of it.

Really now, the direction the show has to go is clear. It's ice vs fire, with the fire meaning dragons. That means they have to engineer Dany forgetting about conquest to head north and similarly figure out plot devices to get the other two dragons mounted. Jon looks to be an obvious one as suggested above and perhaps Tyrion, although the evidence is less convincing.

All the guff and nonsense happening in King's Landing and whatever Euron tries to do are just distractions from the main plot.

I agree that the series has gone downhill and was particularly annoyed about how badly written Arya's entire time in Braavos was, especially her escape, which made absolutely no sense whatsoever.

gallsman

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on June 21, 2016, 07:39:55 PM

On a side note, in a recent house clearance I found some old books from my teenage years, I came across a first edition hardback of the first book. It's in mint condition and worth between £300 and £500. I gonna see if I can pick the other 3 initial first editions as a complete set is worth up to £5k!!!

First book was published in 1996. Who are you trying to kid with this "teenager" lark?!

Under Lights

Quote from: omagh_gael on June 21, 2016, 11:30:48 PM
If anyone of you are podcasters I'd highly recommend Bald move. They do three podcasts a week on GoT (as well as lots of other tv series). They do an instant take (20-30mins) directly after the show airs and on Tuesday evenings they release a breakdown of the episode that doesn't contain book spoilers. On Friday they have a spoiler edition that contains theories based on GRRM's source material. An excellent listen if you've time to tune in.

Personally, Battle of the b**tards was my favourite episode of the lot. The Red Wedding didn't hit me as hard as I'm a book reader so knew it was coming. I have thoroughly enjoyed this season apart from the ending of Arya's story in Bravos. No way does she take those gut shots and carry on as she does.

My theory are that Cersei will lose her trial and unleash the wildfire to destroy Baelors Sept. She will take everyone she can, including Tommen (don't forget she would have taken her own kids lives at the end of the battle of Blackwater before Tywin showed up).

Varys will be in Dorne negotiating a safe landing spot for Danerys (Dorne are still loyal to Targareyns). Kings Landing will be bucked due to Cersei and it'll be a case of all paths leading to the north for an epic battle with the WWs.

Three dragons to be mounted by three Targareyens: Danerys, John and Tyrion.

I listen to A Cast Of Kings as a GOT podcast.

MoChara

Rikon should have Zig Zagged everyone knows when you having arrows shot at you to do that.

Jon Snow is thick as shit solo charging the Boltons

Wun Wun should have been armored up and given a big tree trunk or something he'd have defeated the Boltons near on his own.

I always thought the Fire and Ice dimension was becuase Jon Sno was both Fire and Ice, stark and Targaryen.

Under Lights

Why can't every just get along.

nrico2006

There is a lot of evidence to suggest that the third dragon rider will be Tyrion as he is apparently of Targaryen blood.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Under Lights

Brienne will turn out to be The Princess That Was Promised.

Anyone read Dunk and Egg? She is obvious a descendant of Dunk.

gallsman

Quote from: nrico2006 on June 22, 2016, 10:02:27 AM
There is a lot of evidence to suggest that the third dragon rider will be Tyrion as he is apparently of Targaryen blood.

Plenty to suggest otherwise as well. Jon and Dany are certs, the third one is debatable.

gawa316

Quote from: gallsman on June 22, 2016, 06:33:55 PM
Quote from: nrico2006 on June 22, 2016, 10:02:27 AM

Plenty to suggest otherwise as well. Jon and Dany are certs, the third one is debatable.

I think it's going to be Tyrion as well. The time he went in to the place Dany locked up the dragons in, would be a good indicator as he didn't get burnt to a crisp.