Roscommon v Armagh

Started by illdecide, July 02, 2018, 10:06:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

oliverkelly

Quote from: mackers on July 08, 2018, 12:00:37 AM
Quote from: Throw ball on July 07, 2018, 10:17:41 PM
A great game of football today. For the most part both teams tried to play football and it was worth watching. McQuillan gave a lot of soft frees I thought which made defending difficult. Towards the end i thought that bit if luck Armagh needed - and probably got last week - deserted them. The legs seemed to go and Roscommon deserved to win. Hopefully the lack of depth in the Armagh panel can be sorted next year with a few returnees , newbees and development of the younger players.

Best of luck to Roscommon in the super 8s. Maybe if they can beat Tyrone teams will move away from the defensive counter attacking crap.
I'd agree with all that Throw Ball. Roscommon played some great football and I'll be very interested to see how they get on against Tyrone next week. They've no need to fear them and hope they get rewarded for their adventurous play.
We died with our boots on. We played some really good football but run out of steam and were beaten by a better team. Roscommmons fans brought great passion and atmosphere. Could give dialled down on the booing of the ref at times though.
Fair play to Geezer for letting the younger lads at it again. We have something to build on but we have to get everyone back on board to compete with Donegal and Kildare etc next year. We need to learn how to cope with blanket defences to progress in Ulster otherwise we'll be in the qualifiers early doors again.
I agree i usually dont like to hear booing pf the ref but he was  a disgrace today. Gave Armagh some ridiculous stuff and in a tight game when fans see there team been rode there obviously going to vent there disgust. Thankfully it had no relevance to the result. The penalty decision was a joke and im sure when Joe watches it back he will be fairly embarrassed with himself especially when he see the first play of the game when there was a clear and obvious footblock. He had a nightmare and gave Armagh some pathetic frees even when i came home i watched the game back and it was that bad Dessie Dolan and O'Rourke felt the need in the studio to commemt on him favouring Armagh which i honestly have never heard before from pundits who never critise refs.

Baggio90

Quote from: oliverkelly on July 08, 2018, 01:14:05 AM
A great game of football today. For the most part both teams tried to play football and it was worth watching. McQuillan gave a lot of soft frees I thought which made defending difficult. Towards the end i thought that bit if luck Armagh needed - and probably got last week - deserted them. The legs seemed to go and Roscommon deserved to win. Hopefully the lack of depth in the Armagh panel can be sorted next year with a few returnees , newbees and development of the younger players.

Best of luck to Roscommon in the super 8s. Maybe if they can beat Tyrone teams will move away from the defensive counter attacking crap.
I'd agree with all that Throw Ball. Roscommon played some great football and I'll be very interested to see how they get on against Tyrone next week. They've no need to fear them and hope they get rewarded for their adventurous play.
We died with our boots on. We played some really good football but run out of steam and were beaten by a better team. Roscommmons fans brought great passion and atmosphere. Could give dialled down on the booing of the ref at times though.
Fair play to Geezer for letting the younger lads at it again. We have something to build on but we have to get everyone back on board to compete with Donegal and Kildare etc next year. We need to learn how to cope with blanket defences to progress in Ulster otherwise we'll be in the qualifiers early doors again.
I agree i usually dont like to hear booing pf the ref but he was  a disgrace today. Gave Armagh some ridiculous stuff and in a tight game when fans see there team been rode there obviously going to vent there disgust. Thankfully it had no relevance to the result. The penalty decision was a joke and im sure when Joe watches it back he will be fairly embarrassed with himself especially when he see the first play of the game when there was a clear and obvious footblock. He had a nightmare and gave Armagh some pathetic frees even when i came home i watched the game back and it was that bad Dessie Dolan and O'Rourke felt the need in the studio to commemt on him favouring Armagh which i honestly have never heard before from pundits who never critise refs.

He made a number of terrible decisions for both sides.

Cathal Cregg got a free in after he elbowed Mark Shields in the face in the first half. He was lucky he didn't get a red never mind a free in.

Syferus

Quote from: Baggio90 on July 08, 2018, 01:34:35 AM

Cathal Cregg got a free in after he elbowed Mark Shields in the face in the first half. He was lucky he didn't get a red never mind a free in.

If you genuinely think he didn't ride Roscommon in that match I'm speechless. Stop trying to draw false equivalence between a few anecdotal fücks ups at one end and a catalogue of them at the other.

Cunny Funt

Let me guess Baggio90 is reincarnation of Il Bomber Destro?

Throw ball

Quote from: Syferus on July 08, 2018, 01:39:54 AM

If you genuinely think he didn't ride Roscommon in that match I'm speechless. Stop trying to draw false equilevence between a few anecdotal fücks ups at one end and a catalogue of them at the other.

I have not seen the game again but I thought he gave Roscommon a lot of soft frees when I was at the game. One in particular sticks in my mind. Armagh had got back to 1 or 2 points behind and from the Roscommon kick out he gave them a soft free which led to a score. This was despite the fact that the Roscommon no.5 had the Armagh no. 25 in a headlock as he tried to stop him running for the break ball. I was also amazed how Armagh players managed to get yellow and black cards when Roscommon players got nothing for similar fouls. Any Armagh supporter will tell you Joe McQuillan never does us any favours.
Maybe we should all just take of our blinkers, forget about the referee and settle for it being a good match with the best team winning.

Syferus

Quote from: Cunny Funt on July 08, 2018, 01:44:46 AM
Let me guess Baggio90 is reincarnation of Il Bomber Destro?

Looked back at his post history and that's a very good shout.

Solo_run

Quote from: Syferus on July 08, 2018, 12:28:22 AM
Quote from: Solo_run on July 08, 2018, 12:25:43 AM
The Roscommon ones are quite likeable chaps in winning. I was dreading the ribbing on here after the loss on my 30th birthday but I think you have found yourselves a new fan.

Good luck to Ross in the super 8s

Armagh and Fermanagh people are the only Ulster lads we can stand.

Fair play Syferus

I will be supporting Ross. I was hoping there wouldn't be much slagging but you are good winners. Hope you go far

Manning18

The Roscommon ones are quite likeable chaps in winning. I was dreading the ribbing on here after the loss on my 30th birthday but I think you have found yourselves a new fan.

Have always found their regular supporters to be spot on, in person at least. Their bandwagoners though are worse than most, as the clowns behind the goal at the Connacht Final or the Mayo games last year gave testament to

Syferus

Quote from: Manning18 on July 08, 2018, 02:25:15 AM

Have always found their regular supporters to be spot on, in person at least. Their bandwagoners though are worse than most, as the clowns behind the goal at the Connacht Final or the Mayo games last year gave testament to

You seem to get much more agitated by Roscommon doing well than you are excited by Galway doing well. Very sad to see someone overcome with such hate.

Also, a Galway man talking about bandwagoners is objectively funny in how little perspective it shows.

tonto1888

I really don't want to talk about the ref but if anyone thinks he favoured Armagh they need their heads looking at. I guess we all see the same things very differently

Orchard park

Quote from: Solo_run on July 08, 2018, 02:13:24 AM

Fair play Syferus

I will be supporting Ross. I was hoping there wouldn't be much slagging but you are good winners. Hope you go far

Syferus

Replace we with you..... most Rossies have no issue with supporters from any  of the 32  counties and beyond...

Itchy

Quote from: tonto1888 on July 08, 2018, 08:42:00 AM
I really don't want to talk about the ref but if anyone thinks he favoured Armagh they need their heads looking at. I guess we all see the same things very differently

I watched as a neutral. Biggest slice of luck either team got was a very harsh peno and Armagh missed it. For me Ros were much better team but for some reason they started messing around in their back line and let Armagh back into it. Saying that I think Ros have gone backwards this year as Armagh aren't up to much. I think they will really struggle in super 8s if they don't get another 20% performance

Syferus

Quote from: Orchard park on July 08, 2018, 09:15:33 AM
Quote from: Solo_run on July 08, 2018, 02:13:24 AM

Fair play Syferus

Syferus

Replace we with you..... most Rossies have no issue with supporters from any  of the 32  counties and beyond...

Stop talking nonsense.

Baggio90

Quote from: Syferus on July 08, 2018, 01:39:54 AM

If you genuinely think he didn't ride Roscommon in that match I'm speechless. Stop trying to draw false equivalence between a few anecdotal fücks ups at one end and a catalogue of them at the other.

I genuinely think he didn't ride either side and unlike you I watched the game objectively with no horse in it. The penalty call was a poor one but other than that Roscommon got the rub of the green with the decisions, the Roscommon no 4 spent his afternoon pulling and dragging out of Aidan Forker, he was pulled up a number of times for frees and wasn't booked yet I think it was McCabe and Shields who were booked after their first infraction. I think Roscommon generally got away with much more fouling around the middle of the pitch and were very undisciplined in their swarm tackling.

That's not to mention the time Cathal Cregg elbowed Mark Shields in the face and got a free in for it, when he was lucky he didn't get the line.

Rory Grugan also looked to have a good point waved wide.

Overall Roscommon were good value for their win but the referee did not impact them at all. Maybe you need to get away from an attitude where you expect the referee to pull on a Roscommon jersey because there will always be a bogey man if that's the attitude.

PadraicHenryPearse

Objectively.... even Dessie and O'Rourke though the ref was giving softer frees to Armagh. I also believe he made two mistakes with the advantage rule. Anyway it made no difference to the match.

Edit: I don't realize who the poster is. Objectivity is not possible.