The Many Faces of US Politics...

Started by Tyrones own, March 20, 2009, 09:29:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gmac

Quote from: J70 on September 28, 2019, 11:50:08 AM
Quote from: Gmac on September 27, 2019, 07:25:51 PM
Have the potential impeachment hanging over trumps head as the next election comes along so he doesn't get re-elected that's the Democrats playbook because they don't have a viable candidate who can beat him.

Its more than 13 months to the election.

If he is going to be impeached, it will be long before that.

And you're disregarding, whether intentionally or not, the unpredictability of the fallout. Pelosi has been as reluctant as hell partly because she fears damaging the Dems chances and boosting Trump. But he's basically forced her hand with this latest idiocy.
u think that it will stop if this one fails ? Well at least Nancy is praying for trump and is very prayerful right now .

J70

Quote from: Gmac on October 01, 2019, 03:32:22 PM
Quote from: J70 on September 28, 2019, 11:50:08 AM
Quote from: Gmac on September 27, 2019, 07:25:51 PM
Have the potential impeachment hanging over trumps head as the next election comes along so he doesn't get re-elected that's the Democrats playbook because they don't have a viable candidate who can beat him.

Its more than 13 months to the election.

If he is going to be impeached, it will be long before that.

And you're disregarding, whether intentionally or not, the unpredictability of the fallout. Pelosi has been as reluctant as hell partly because she fears damaging the Dems chances and boosting Trump. But he's basically forced her hand with this latest idiocy.
u think that it will stop if this one fails ? Well at least Nancy is praying for trump and is very prayerful right now .

That Trump will stop?

No, of course not. The man can't help himself.

Kelly Anne Conway's husband puts that exact case together quite convincingly in The Atlantic this week (long, but well worth the read).

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2019/10/george-conway-trump-unfit-office/599128/

Eamonnca1

screenexile

Jaysis I thought there would be more chat on here after a big day in the US.

Roger Stone guilty indeed all counts and the President being pegged for witness intimidation...

How will this play out over the next while??

J70

Quote from: screenexile on November 15, 2019, 07:16:37 PM

Roger Stone guilty indeed all counts and the President being pegged for witness intimidation...

Stone will be pardoned.

Trump will come through unscathed no matter what is revealed.

Sin e.

Eamonnca1

Quote from: screenexile on November 15, 2019, 07:16:37 PM

This administration has been piling up so many criminal indictments, guilty verdicts and prison sentences that it's hard to keep up. Trump is a master of the art of piling so much awfulness on top of awfulness that you don't know where to look for awfulness. Watch this, tomorrow the administration will probably make another announcement that they're going to torch the place by scrapping voting rights, or deporting some minority, or opening up the Grand Canyon for oil exploration, or something. It's become an almost daily occurrence that people are just numb to it.

Eamonnca1

J70

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on November 18, 2019, 11:08:31 PM
What'd I tell ya?

Pompeo announces reversal of longstanding US policy on Israeli settlements

Palestinians aren't human beings to these fuckwits. Just like Guatemalans and others who had their kids ripped away at the border.

seafoid

Quote from: J70 on November 19, 2019, 11:07:11 AM
What'd I tell ya?

Palestinians aren't human beings to these fuckwits. Just like Guatemalans and others who had their kids ripped away at the border.
the Israeli occupation is living on borrowed time.
The future is left wing in the US and UK.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Eamonnca1

Quote from: seafoid on November 19, 2019, 01:07:37 PM
Quote from: J70 on November 19, 2019, 11:07:11 AM
What'd I tell ya?

the Israeli occupation is living on borrowed time.
The future is left wing in the US and UK.

I wish that were true. The Palestinian issue has dropped off the radar of Israeli voters, the two-state solution is dead in the water, there's no sign of anything stopping the settlement-building in the West Bank, and every once in a while Israel gives the people of Gaza a pounding and there's not much in the way of negative consequences for them. As far as I can see the Palestinians are f***ed, unless they can somehow mobilise their diaspora and build some alliances. Even if America takes a left turn at the next election, the Israeli lobby still has a tight grip on influence in Washington. You still have to recite the "I support Israel" prayer in order to get elected in the US (unless you're AOC and a few other exceptions who run net-roots campaigns), and anybody that dares criticize Israel immediately gets Corbyned.

Gabriel_Hurl

Eamonnca1

We're probably all watching the impeachment hearings and shaking our heads at the media coverage complaining about it being "dull."

RadioGAAGAA

Can he weasel out of this one now...?
i usse an speelchekor

seafoid

Quote from: RadioGAAGAA on November 21, 2019, 09:49:46 AM
Can he weasel out of this one now...?
Will 30 GOP senators vote against him?
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU