Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Onthe40

Any word of fixtures?  werent they due out yesterday

Ty4Sam

Minor, reserve & Senior fixtures out tonight.

Tyrone Gaa

Manager payments are a cancer on the game.  Long gone are the days when the local man up the road comes in and does his best for the club/community.  Players wont accept that any longer.  Players are pushing for the professional approach and will have no problem heavily criticising their own club if services they feel required are not provided.  Respect has gone from the game.

A club now is required to run a £15-20k fundraiser to support the payment of their manager.  I'm currently having a debate with myself regarding club draws and deciding if I will continue to fork out to clubs that employ outside managers.  To date I haven't turned any club away but they are more frequent now when the same club(s) are happy to blow cash chasing success when only 1 club in that championship can win in any given year.

Living the dream!!!

longballin

Quote from: Tyrone Gaa on March 08, 2018, 12:13:56 PM
Manager payments are a cancer on the game. Long gone are the days when the local man up the road comes in and does his best for the club/community.  Players wont accept that any longer.  Players are pushing for the professional approach and will have no problem heavily criticising their own club if services they feel required are not provided.  Respect has gone from the game.

A club now is required to run a £15-20k fundraiser to support the payment of their manager.  I'm currently having a debate with myself regarding club draws and deciding if I will continue to fork out to clubs that employ outside managers.  To date I haven't turned any club away but they are more frequent now when the same club(s) are happy to blow cash chasing success when only 1 club in that championship can win in any given year.

Well said

Onthe40

thats the problem though in a nutshell...players are now expecting the scientific, professional, modern technique  approach etc that the ordinary  man up the road is now ruled out....

longballin

Quote from: Onthe40 on March 08, 2018, 12:30:46 PM
thats the problem though in a nutshell...players are now expecting the scientific, professional, modern technique  approach etc that the ordinary  man up the road is now ruled out....

is a lot of bluffers doing the rounds with so-called scientific etc approach

Tyrone Gaa

Quote from: longballin on March 08, 2018, 12:31:45 PM

Lets not tar everyone here. I've came across some very knowledgeable coaches, bring with  them a professional approach. The problem is they could be doing that for their own club when they haven't.  Its the fact that they are taking large sums of money out of clubs that could be re-invested into our young players and development of our club that I have the problem with.  If a man is out of pocket and is there for the love of the game I have no issue in him having a mileage allowance either. Its the set fees £50-£100 a session what ever it maybe.  Then it doesn't stop there, the lads need a few days away (team bonding) think we need a physio mid week and games. think we should get a dietitian in. Costs spiral and the u12 team that have been waiting on a new set of jerseys for 5 years have to wait another year because the money isn't there.
Living the dream!!!

skeog

Talking to a Carmen stalwart yesterday said OZ was misquoted and is embarrsed about the publicity it attracted.

WT4E

I remember hearing from a player in Kilesshil one year a few years back that they had a manager from a neighboring club who didn't want paid but the club insisted in giving him something for his efforts which he accepted but during the season he brought the players to a shop and told them to pick out whatever boots they wanted and he paid for them.

Can't remember the man in question but thought that was a touch of class - would there be many managers out there nowadays who would do something like this?

Dire Ear

Quote from: WT4E on March 08, 2018, 01:20:51 PM
I remember hearing from a player in Kilesshil one year a few years back that they had a manager from a neighboring club who didn't want paid but the club insisted in giving him something for his efforts which he accepted but during the season he brought the players to a shop and told them to pick out whatever boots they wanted and he paid for them.

Can't remember the man in question but thought that was a touch of class - would there be many managers out there nowadays who would do something like this?
Wonder were his initials PH by any chance?

skeog

Obviously Carmen stalwart wrong good to know that for future reference when i meet him.

bigtogs

Quote from: longballin on March 08, 2018, 02:14:58 PM
Quote from: skeog on March 08, 2018, 01:18:57 PM
Talking to a Carmen stalwart yesterday said OZ was misquoted and is embarrsed about the publicity it attracted.

strange..  I was also talking to Oz yesterday and he is very happy with the article. Ask him.

Wonder why the Ulster Herald or any other newspaper dont question all payments in the Gaa.... i really hope they do but there is no chance,they will never have the guts to go against the top brass.... the lower common denominator in the paid Gaa world is the outside mercinary... so kick the shit out   of him and let every other man get paid what they like..... wheel an odd man like oz out put words in his mouth if need be to add a bit of spice to the whole thing......

In hiding

Quote from: Tyrone Gaa on March 08, 2018, 12:51:11 PM

Lets not tar everyone here. I've came across some very knowledgeable coaches, bring with  them a professional approach. The problem is they could be doing that for their own club when they haven't.  Its the fact that they are taking large sums of money out of clubs that could be re-invested into our young players and development of our club that I have the problem with.  If a man is out of pocket and is there for the love of the game I have no issue in him having a mileage allowance either. Its the set fees £50-£100 a session what ever it maybe.  Then it doesn't stop there, the lads need a few days away (team bonding) think we need a physio mid week and games. think we should get a dietitian in. Costs spiral and the u12 team that have been waiting on a new set of jerseys for 5 years have to wait another year because the money isn't there.

I agree totally about paid outside managers. Is it a bigger issue if men are charging their own club/county for their services? Are you saying Mickey Harte is a cancer in our game or do you believe he is getting mileage (approx 3 miles per night). ?

longballin

Quote from: In hiding on March 08, 2018, 03:48:53 PM
Quote from: Tyrone Gaa on March 08, 2018, 12:51:11 PM

I agree totally about paid outside managers. Is it a bigger issue if men are charging their own club/county for their services? Are you saying Mickey Harte is a cancer in our game or do you believe he is getting mileage (approx 3 miles per night). ?

I wouldn't describe any person as a 'cancer' but the practice of paying managers is and that includes payment to ALL managers above expenses.

southtyronegael

still no word on fixtures? someone over on hoganstand saying fixtures are done but have wait untill mickey makes the final cut on tyrone panel then starred games can be decided? is this normal practice?