The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - #DankeJürgen

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

deiseach

Quote from: The Worker on February 12, 2014, 10:57:48 PM
How did the fulham player not get booked for the penalty incident ?

I'd be checking his bank account for suspicious transfers from shady Asian businessmen. Shockingly clueless tackle. Much obliged!

Bingo

Stuck in bloody club meetings all evening, phone went dead at 2-2 with ten minutes to go. Didn't know result till near a hour later!

What.a.result.

ONeill

Surely Liverpool will roll over for Le Arse at the weekend and concentrate on the league. If they've any gumption. Please.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

cavanmaniac

Quote from: Tony Baloney on February 12, 2014, 10:02:48 PM
And people wonder why all the Liverpool lads are so negative coming off a big win! We've been dealing with this shit for over 20 years - difference is they seem to be able to dig in and scrounge some points. Psychologically must be massive tonight to get 3 points and keep the train rolling.

It's like night following day. They'd better get a handle on it because they won't always get out of jail like last night and if Liverpool chuck away this chance to get into the champions league they deserve shooting with balls of their own 5hite.

A lot of talk elsewhere about title challenges. Flights of fancy stuff there with a defence like that.

GalwayBayBoy

OptaJoe ‏@OptaJoe now
4 - Luis Suarez has scored only four of Liverpool's last 24 Premier League goals. Evolution.

Capt Pat

Liverpool gave up 2 poor goals tonight and still got the win. They can't afford to play like that when they play City and Chelsea.

God14

Some win surely - but lots to ponder about that performance as well.
In Fairness we're missing Johnson, Agger, Sakho, Enrique - who would arguably be our first choice defence? But Kolo simply isn't good enough anymore for me. He gets exposed particularly away from home, as Liverpools centre backs see a lot more of the ball on their travels. He had a real stinker away to Hull when we lost 3-1. And with the mistakes he has made now at West Brom & Fulham - he needs dropped. Thank God Agger & Johnson back in full training. Sakho close also.

Ive still doubts wether we can accommodate Sterling, Sturridge, Suarez & Coutinho in the starting team away from home. I think id rather see Allen beside Gerrard with Henderson sitting at the front of the 3 in the centre of Midfield. Keep Coutinho as an impact sub away from home & be more positive by starting him at Anfield.

Im almost glad for a wee break in premier league action - its been breathless of late. I wonder if Rodgers will be tempted to rest or rotate a few players? He has a full weeks recovery afterwards before Swansea at Anfield, but surely the temptation is there?

Wee Roddy

Quote from: Minder on February 12, 2014, 10:29:16 PM
Quote from: laoislad on February 12, 2014, 10:27:21 PM
Quote from: Minder on February 12, 2014, 10:12:10 PM
Need Toure out of that team

Cissokho was nearly our best defender tonight...that's how bad the others were!

Spurs still hanging around like a bad smell.
There are nice odds floating about for both Liverpool and the Spuds to reach the top Four. You couldn't rule it out on current form. If we beat Arsenal on Sunday I predict their season will come crumbling down. Wiltshire is over rated, Ozil is struggling with form, Giroud is on his own up front and Arteta struggles against the good team a lot of the time
Always thought Spurs were going to be the biggest threat for fourth, but sure maybe it's not about fourth anymore  ;)

deiseach

Next game in the Premier League - Chelsea v Everton in the early kick-off on Saturday week. Stick or twist?

AZOffaly

Quote from: God14 on February 13, 2014, 08:25:00 AM
In Fairness we're missing Johnson, Agger, Sakho, Enrique - who would arguably be our first choice defence? But Kolo simply isn't good enough anymore for me. He gets exposed particularly away from home, as Liverpools centre backs see a lot more of the ball on their travels. He had a real stinker away to Hull when we lost 3-1. And with the mistakes he has made now at West Brom & Fulham - he needs dropped. Thank God Agger & Johnson back in full training. Sakho close also.

Ive still doubts wether we can accommodate Sterling, Sturridge, Suarez & Coutinho in the starting team away from home. I think id rather see Allen beside Gerrard with Henderson sitting at the front of the 3 in the centre of Midfield. Keep Coutinho as an impact sub away from home & be more positive by starting him at Anfield.

Im almost glad for a wee break in premier league action - its been breathless of late. I wonder if Rodgers will be tempted to rest or rotate a few players? He has a full weeks recovery afterwards before Swansea at Anfield, but surely the temptation is there?

I saw an odd tweet from Glen Johnson last night. Something like 'Well that seemed like a really close game. Great Win LFC'. Something like that.

Now, call me daft, but if I was a squad player, albeit injured, on a team fighting for a CL spot, and maybe even something more, I'd be making it my business to at least find a bleeding stream and watch the game. I realise he's probably confined to barracks to finish off his rehab but I'd have thought he'd be looking at the game.

Edit: This is the tweet. Maybe I'm reading too much into it.

"Glen Johnson ‏@glen_johnson  11h
Wow That sounded like a very close game!
Massive 3 points. Well done lads!"

deiseach

Glen Johnson does have form for being, shall we say, heedless.

AZOffaly

Heedless like the Newcastle fans chanted at Peter Reid? "Peter Reid has a monkey's heed"

deiseach

Quote from: AZOffaly on February 13, 2014, 09:20:53 AM
Heedless like the Newcastle fans chanted at Peter Reid? "Peter Reid has a monkey's heed"

Nothing like that, no.

johnneycool

Quote from: deiseach on February 13, 2014, 09:04:45 AM
Next game in the Premier League - Chelsea v Everton in the early kick-off on Saturday week. Stick or twist?

Big hansen is right, Liverpool have a real good shout at the title, teams to come to Anfield and the firepower they have at the minute.

Fourth should be a given now, push on for the big one, both Chelsea and City will drop more points.

Or will the jitters kick in??

Mikhailov

Quote from: God14 on February 13, 2014, 08:25:00 AM

Lads, great result last night and like all pool fans we are looking for the negative or weak link because we are so used to getting a kick in the b..ls. Was anyone at the game or watching it live on stream. I was just talking to a 'pool fan from London on the phone who was at the game and he is very concerned by poor body language between Suarez and sturridge. I know there was the Everton incident but surely that has now been brushed under the carpet and forgot about between the 2 of them. According to my man, last night there were very few if any link ups, no direct passing and it just didn't seem like all was well. He admits that he possibly is thinking and looking for hints of trouble and has become paranoid about it but has anyone else noticed it last night. It would be a shame if our 2 leading men cant put the team first in quest for glory. He claims that after Sturridge first goal, Suarez was nearest player to him in the lead up but one of the last to arrive at the celebration huddle...

I sincerely hope someone replies back immediately to dispel my fears about this with concrete assurance that all is well.....