RTE and SKY Live Coverage of GAA Championships 2014

Started by SLIGONIAN, April 18, 2011, 02:24:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AZOffaly

AZOffaly

Not sure where Brian Carney comes from (in terms of his suitability for this) but I am going to have real trouble with his accent!!

The Trap

Does Kirsty Gallagher not know anything about GAA? Gallagher is a fairly Irish surname......... :P

Ohtoohtobe

On RTE's site it says the GAA GO service is free worldwide for the first four weeks.

But when I click on it, nothing happens. I can only assume it's geo-blocked (I'm in Australia). Anyone had the same experience?

Hardy

Quote from: PaoloRossi on May 19, 2014, 12:20:56 PM
Quote from: Tubberman on May 19, 2014, 12:18:09 PM
Quote from: blanketattack on May 19, 2014, 12:11:16 PM
Announced as Brian Carney, Rachel Wyse, Jamsie O'Connor, Nicky English, Paul Earley and Peter Canavan

Commentators: Dave McIntyre and Mike Finnerty

Brian Carney the rugby league/union fella!? What are his GAA credentials?

Played junior I think.

It's absolutely brilliant because, even though I don't know who Brian Carney is, I had give a little mewl of terror when I misread that as Brian Carthy.

brokencrossbar1

Carney played Gaelic football for Valleymount GAA and won a junior championship medal in 1998 with the club, courtesy of wiki and not my own vast encyclopedic knowledge!!!

He played Rugby league as well as Union so he will be a great man to analyse the Ulster chanpionship match between Armagh/Cavan and Tyrone/Down/Monaghan...if Cavan and Down made it there will be full on Rugby tactics on show!!! (Armagh won't make it!)

AZOffaly

By coincidence I was watching some of the super weekend, and he was presenting. His accent would saw your ears. From Cork, educated in Clongowes, working in England most of his life, apart from a brief spell back with Munster.

armaghniac

Quote from: Ohtoohtobe on May 19, 2014, 02:16:17 PM
On RTE's site it says the GAA GO service is free worldwide for the first four weeks.

But when I click on it, nothing happens. I can only assume it's geo-blocked (I'm in Australia). Anyone had the same experience?

Perhaps there is an issue with Australia as some channel there has bought the games?
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Denn Forever

Quote from: armaghniac on May 19, 2014, 02:56:10 PM

Perhaps there is an issue with Australia as some channel there has bought the games?

Article in Independent on 15th May.

http://www.independent.ie/entertainment/tv-radio/gaa-and-rte-team-up-as-gaelic-games-go-around-the-world-30276189.html

The public pledges of mutual friendship were given at the launch of GAAGO – a new subscription-based service that will bring the games to a worldwide audience, allowing the diaspora to revel in the championship season.
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

Zulu

Quote from: armaghniac on May 19, 2014, 02:56:10 PM

They aren't showing the games on the GAA GO platform until June, up until then you can watch all the games on the RTE player.

our_fella

Just a hint for anyone who is unable to see RTE player from being in the North, go onto google, and search for "Hola Better Internet"

This add-on basically allows you to change your IP address, to be routed from any country in the world

As normal, when a uk IP address goes onto RTE player, its address is "rte player.gb"...

Once you download this extension from chrome, scroll down the list to you get ireland.. Accept change.

Then go back on rte player, and you will see your address change to "rte player/ie"

Also a very handy add-on if you want to watch netflix shows from all the different countries

armaghniac

Just a hint for anyone who is unable to see RTE player from being in the North, get a proper ISP, then you won't have to bother with weird and wonderful arrangements.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B