Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SHEEDY

Quote from: snoopdog on January 14, 2022, 11:14:08 PM
Quote from: SHEEDY on January 14, 2022, 09:43:57 PM
Quote from: rosskarr on January 14, 2022, 09:40:30 PM
And the College now just beaten by CBS Omagh after Extra-time!
1.16 to 1.9

never scored in extra time 😕
Scored a pt in et. Can't win them all.
apologies, yeah scored a point in extra time, was 1-8 each at full time, Omagh ended up comfortable winners though
nil satis nisi optimum

Johnnysboys

[/quote]
Scored a pt in et. Can't win them all.
[/quote]

Can't win any in football at the moment!!!

Smurfy123

A dark week for schools football in South Down
Both Newry schools knocked out at the first hurdle
The men over these teams are no where near with what went before them
Ray Morgan
Pete McGrath
Barney McAleenan
Pj mageee
Val Kane

Gaelic games is an after thought in many schools now
Hard to grasp but that's what's happening

charlieTully

Is kilcoo match available to stream anywhere tomorrow please?

PTC

Kilcoo game is live on tg4, good luck to the magpies in their pursuit for 2 ulster titles in a row

Down Follower

Quote from: Smurfy123 on January 15, 2022, 07:28:05 AM
Ray Morgan
Pete McGrath
Barney McAleenan
Pj mageee
Val Kane

Pure rubbish. Have a look back over the past 10-12 years and St Colman's for one fare favourably to any school in terms of final appearances.  Ok the Abbey haven't been achieving what they would want but there is still good work going on.

angermanagement

Did Val Kane win much with the Abbey?

Ed Hardy

Good luck to Kilcoo tomorrow, be a great lift to the county team if them boys rejoin the squad with an ulster title at the very least in their pockets! Was encouraging to read Jerome say he hopefully going back to the county panel, be some addition if the 3 Johnson's, Doherty, Morgan, Mc Evoy, Rooney and Ward all joined the panel. Wishful thinking but even 4 or 5 of them would be great.

ardtole

Is it a given that none of the Brannigans would be interested in playing for Down?

Lotto

Quote from: Lotto on January 12, 2022, 06:08:22 PM
Quote from: Lotto on January 07, 2022, 06:59:31 PM
Quote from: Johnnysboys on January 07, 2022, 06:46:25 PM
Quote from: whitegoodman on January 07, 2022, 01:57:56 PM
Has it not always been the case that any of the established teams would struggle to get more than 3 players through each year to the senior team.  Is it not the nature of things you have to be a very good minor to make it to the senior teams of Kilcoo, Burren or Clonduff etc ?

Even when Burren had mediocre teams in the early 2000's 80% of the minor teams coming through drifted to seconds/thirds teams and some even just drifted away from football altogether.  I would suggest that is the case throughout the county.

As you say this was a freak under 20 team so I dont think it will be an issue in the Burren club going forward.

On the issue of managing the flow ( if there is an issue ), should it not be on the likes of CPN, Saval or whoever else feels hard done by to do something about it rather than Burren closing its gates or the county board getting involved.  Should it not be up to those clubs to make themselves a more attractive proposition to kids and children.  I know CPN are working on it but their facilities are amongst the worst in the top division and have been for 20 years.

We own St Mark's and have two full size halls in there for winter training, a pitch and half all on one site for our underage to avail of. Moygannon pitch is one of the best surfaces in the county and will get better with our new development in the coming years..

How exactly does St Peter's Warrenpoint own a school?

I'm still waiting for an answer Johnny for you to explain how your club owns St Mark's.

Quote from: 5times5times on January 12, 2022, 09:38:41 PM
Quote from: Johnnysboys on January 12, 2022, 09:28:58 PM

I'm still waiting for an answer Johnny for you to explain how your club owns St Mark's.

We are in the school every night of the week
We have full uninterrupted use of the facilities including the Gym/fitness suite and halls etc
We use the pitches in the longer evenings
We host all our blitzes there for small underage grades
Committee meetings are held there
The staff are even nice enough to provide tea bags, coffee and milk for us
NO ONE ELSE (GAA CLUBS) CAN GET INTO THE PLACE AS WE OWN IT..

Is that all clear enough for you???

Johnny, is this that your attempt to explain how St Peters apparently 'own' their local school? Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but just because someone allows you to use their facilities doesn't mean that you actually own them.  Block captals don't help either, boyo.

charlieTully

Quote from: angermanagement on January 15, 2022, 02:54:12 PM
Did Val Kane win much with the Abbey?
McCrory cicra 86/87 I think. Defo mind being at the final in lurgan if my not so great memory serves me right. Couldn't have been much later as I would have been beyond giving a single fk by then. Val was sound tbf. Them brothers though. Cnts.

Johnnysboys

Quote from: Smurfy123 on January 15, 2022, 07:28:05 AM
Ray Morgan
Pete McGrath
Barney McAleenan
Pj mageee
Val Kane

Ray Morgan  Replaced by Cathal Murray - 2 hogans in a row in last ten years.
Pete McGrath

Barney McAleenan Replaced by Sean Featherstone - zero interest in football or after school development of players and his sidekick Gavin Trainor is no better - nerf war all Ireland champions this year I hope.

Pj mageee Replaced by Conor Fegan - making strides in the right direction and at least competing. I'd say will be in mccrory within 5 years.

Val Kane replaced by Jody Gormley - 1 hogan cup. Replaced by Sean Gallagher/Kevin McKernan - the usual 1/4 final knockout..

Afterthought is completely right Smurfy. Grades are the key for young ones nowadays which is understandable - but many's the player got the grades and the medals in the past.

Kong King

Quote from: Back2Winning on January 14, 2022, 07:03:58 PM
Quote from: FM on January 11, 2022, 10:50:50 AM
With Preseason under way, what club teams do you think will take the next step this year?

Would there be many Teams back training? Too early surely?
Stepping up!
Longstone & Bredagh From 2 to 1
Ballymartin & Shamrocks 3 to 2
Drumaness & Dundrum 4 to 3

By the end of next week all clubs should be back at it. From Div 1, anyone from Rostrevor, Bryansford, Castlewellan and Loughinisland to drop. Div 2, anyone from Longstone, Glenn, Darragh Cross, An Riocht or Saul to go up. Rest in contention to drop. Div 3, anyone from Shamrocks, Drumgath, Ballymartin or Attical to go up. Rest are in contention to drop. Div 4, 3 way battle between Kilclief, Dundrum and East Belfast

snoopdog

befair

At first water-break, Kilcoo far superior team; defensive tactics ruining our game as usual