Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim Bob

Kilcoo player wearing tracksuit bottoms ??

Mourne Red

Quote from: Jim Bob on January 16, 2022, 04:19:51 PM
Kilcoo player wearing tracksuit bottoms ??

Tights... Been wearing them all Championship

thebar

Maybe will come back to haunt me but Derrygonnelly look poor outfit to be contesting an Ulster Final

smort

First time you've watched them jimbob?

thewobbler

This is a grim game of football.

Mourne Red

Quote from: thewobbler on January 16, 2022, 04:27:07 PM

Derrygonnelly need to go at Kilcoo.. Paying them too much respect, think the occasion has got to them

thewobbler

Quote from: Mourne Red on January 16, 2022, 04:28:25 PM
Quote from: thewobbler on January 16, 2022, 04:27:07 PM

Derrygonnelly need to go at Kilcoo.. Paying them too much respect, think the occasion has got to them

The approach seems to be to allow Kilcoo 80% possession and hope they make mistakes, then use your own 20% to kick hanging balls into a full forward  outnumbered 3 to 1.

Maybe it is actually impossible to play against Kilcoo as they're so much better.

But Jesus I can't watch this.

Mourne Red

Laverty/Brannigan must have been watching highlights of Cluxtons winning speeches.. Weren't bothered at all about winning Ulster, all about an All-Ireland for them

SHEEDY

Well done kilcoo, well deserved and very comfortable winners
nil satis nisi optimum

snoopdog

Kilcoo have jad tougher training sessions.

rosskarr

No Kilcoo men about the County panel for a while yet.Fair play to them.A very dominant performance.

urbangael

Kilcoo are masters of game mgt. Seriously organised and well drilled. Ulster success not enough for them this year. Its the all Ireland they crave. Half the team would walk into the Down team if they were interested.

The_big_bad_wolf

Congratulations Kilcoo. I remember playing against Kilcoo in the late nineties when they were in Division 3. Someone in there club must take great credit for setting the correct structures in place to set them on the path to be Ulster champions back to back.

Truth hurts

Congratulations to the magpies, everyone is Down is proud of you. Kane, Dabs, McEvoy, Johnston x 3 need to come to Down. If they do we will have some team. Derrygonnely was shocking and I think about 5 teams would beat them in our county. We have a strong club set up and the games which got in the club championship show this.

johnnycool

Quote from: Truth hurts on January 17, 2022, 09:02:13 AM
Congratulations to the magpies, everyone is Down is proud of you. Kane, Dabs, McEvoy, Johnston x 3 need to come to Down. If they do we will have some team. Derrygonnely was shocking and I think about 5 teams would beat them in our county. We have a strong club set up and the games which got in the club championship show this.

Kilcoo had the measure of Derrygonnelly early on and whilst that patient, cross field toing and froing is hard to watch, it took the sting out of the Fermanagh men. I think their third point was either in the 60th minute or just after it.

Well done the Magpies and on they go to an AI semi-final.

I see a Liatroim McCrickard has a Munster club championship medal in his pocket with the Barrs..