SUV/4WD/4x4/Jeep/Land Rover's and their headlights

Started by Niall Quinn, December 13, 2009, 12:22:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Niall Quinn

I'm developing a strain of nocturnal tourette's and these bastards are to blame - any other sufferers out there?
Back to the howling old owl in the woods, hunting the horny back toad

The Real Laoislad

I'm thinking of buying a Toyota Landcrusier or a VW Touareg
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Niall Quinn

Back to the howling old owl in the woods, hunting the horny back toad

Lady GAA GAA

Especially when meeting them on the brow of a hill, f**king blinded

Ash Smoker

Those weird sodium bulbs should be banned from cars.
You get dazzled when someone is driving behind you with them.

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: Niall Quinn on December 13, 2009, 12:22:28 AM
I'm developing a strain of nocturnal tourette's and these b**tards are to blame - any other sufferers out there?
+1
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

AFS

Quote from: Ash Smoker on December 13, 2009, 12:30:33 AM

Are they the ones that glow bright white, instead of the usual yellowish colour?

Stupid cnuts driving about all the time with their fog lights on annoy me too.

muppet

Quote from: AFS on December 13, 2009, 10:02:14 AM

Are they the ones that glow bright white, instead of the usual yellowish colour?

And it's illegal.
MWWSI 2017

Hardy

Quote from: muppet on December 13, 2009, 12:20:30 PM

And it's illegal.

There needs to be a recognised signal for that, like flashing your lights to let people know there's a speed trap  (mayogodhelpus will have me frogmarched to jail for that one) or flashing hazard lights to say thanks, or the like, to let these clowns know their fog lights are blinding you. I've been trying to introduce the one where you train your full headlights on them (you dazzle me, you're going to get dazzled back) but it never seems to work.  (Snatch squad being scrambled in Mayo).

comethekingdom

I have no problem with blokes who drive 4 x 4's because they need to drive them for their work but when you see Touaregs and range rovers with extra low profile tyres that is complete stupidity. A 5 series Beemer or an A6 would be 10 times the motor that these SUV's are. As for females and X5's and leaving kids to school in them - dont get me started.

AFS

Quote from: Hardy on December 13, 2009, 12:41:05 PM

And it's illegal.

There needs to be a recognised signal for that, like flashing your lights to let people know there's a speed trap  (mayogodhelpus will have me frogmarched to jail for that one) or flashing hazard lights to say thanks, or the like, to let these clowns know their fog lights are blinding you. I've been trying to introduce the one where you train your full headlights on them (you dazzle me, you're going to get dazzled back) but it never seems to work.  (Snatch squad being scrambled in Mayo).

I've been using this approach too.

armaghniac

One very welcome effect of the recession will be less of these SUVs on the road in the future and people will have to go back to plain old family saloons.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: AFS on December 13, 2009, 01:51:03 PM

And it's illegal.

Have to admit I do stick on the fulls for a split second to let spas coming in the opposite direction that they have their fulls on (split second mind). If someone is driving to close to me, I stick on my hazards for about a second, I repeat twice more, if they persist I turn the light on inside my car and give them the finger.

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on December 13, 2009, 07:37:59 PM

And it's illegal.

Have to admit I do stick on the fulls for a split second to let spas coming in the opposite direction that they have their fulls on (split second mind). If someone is driving to close to me, I stick on my hazards for about a second, I repeat twice more, if they persist I turn the light on inside my car and give them the finger.

So you turn on the light in your car,turn around and give them the finger all while driving?
You are more of a hazard on the road than anyone you are complaining about
You'll Never Walk Alone.

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on December 13, 2009, 11:27:00 PM
Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on December 13, 2009, 07:37:59 PM

And it's illegal.

So you turn on the light in your car,turn around and give them the finger all while driving?
You are more of a hazard on the road than anyone you are complaining about

Don't turn around, have done it twice, left hand up - light on, left hand up finger raised, rotate wrist and they back off, yip I know its not smart or good driving, but I'm sick to my shit of dickheads driving to withing 2 metres of the back of my car with their full lights on, they won't back off or pass me out.