Movie recommendations

Started by corn02, October 23, 2007, 10:13:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TacadoirArdMhacha

As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

Treasurer

Did anyone watch "Right at your door" just now on RTE?

My god!  What a waste of an hour and a half  ::)

full back

Quote from: Our Nail Loney on June 26, 2009, 04:06:24 PM
Quote from: full back on June 26, 2009, 03:05:17 PM
Just got 'The Last House On The Left'
Anyone seen it yet?

Saw it in cinema last week

Its decent enough, pretty horrific in parts, lots of violence, gore and rape...

Graphic as fcuk
Nothing special as films go, but watchable
6/10

Doogie Browser

Has anyone seen 'In the Loop' yet?  Its the film version of TV's 'The Thick of It' and has James Galdofini in it.  Looks good.

The Iceman

Has anyone ever seen "Man on Wire" ??

It is a documentary about this mad french man who managed to tight rope walk between the twin towers in the 70's.
Class documentary about the planning behind it all - how they got into the buildings, rigged everything up and then actually carried out their plans.
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

pintsofguinness

Seen "Year one" there tonight, quite disappointing, better to give it a miss.
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

DennistheMenace

Just watched Se7en again, classic.

longball

Wimbeldon is on RTE 1 tonight its actually very funny.
Spotted any unladylike behaviour report within:
http://gaaboard.com/board/index.php?topic=13209.0

ziggysego

Quote from: pintsofguinness on July 01, 2009, 10:53:34 PM

Seen trailers for it and it looked poor enough. A first miss in Jack Black's film career.
Testing Accessibility

CiKe

Quote from: The Iceman on June 29, 2009, 03:35:50 PM
Has anyone ever seen "Man on Wire" ??

It is a documentary about this mad french man who managed to tight rope walk between the twin towers in the 70's.
Class documentary about the planning behind it all - how they got into the buildings, rigged everything up and then actually carried out their plans.

Thought man on wire was brilliant. Lunatic the guy was. When I saw him practising and doing the stuff about 10ft from the ground I was impressed, but I never actually thought he would do any of that up there - thought it would be a walk across and that was it, but the crazy bugger was out there for half an hour or something stupid like that.

Capt Pat

Quote from: pintsofguinness on July 01, 2009, 10:53:34 PM

I actually thought that while it was a pretty dumb movie it was actually quite good. Look at the trailers, I mean what are you expecting from it? Not nearly as good as other comedies like Super Bad or Talladega nights just a simple dumb stupid funny movie.

Capt Pat

Anyway on to a more serious movie. I give Public Enemies 7 out of 10. It is at 9 out of 10 on the IMDB board but for me it is missing something. 

Iceberg

Seen what happens in Vegas at the weekend, pretty funny for a chick flick.
Hard work never killed anybody, but why take a chance?

Celt_Man

Rented out Defiance last night - have to say it's a top show one of the better ones I have seen in a long time... Well worth renting out if you haven't seen it yet
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

nrico2006

Have a copy of Defiance since April, still haven't got around to it.  Must watch it soon
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'