Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Take_her_back_ref

It's not the first time he's played outfield at Tyrone trials.

skeog

Fergal gave a superb interview to RTE at the weekend.Very honest appraisal of the task ahead.

trailer

Going by last nights goings on in Washington I suppose we should grateful for a smooth transition of power in Tyrone from Stalin himself over to our new saviours Logan and Dooher.

square_ball

Quote from: trailer on January 07, 2021, 02:52:21 PM
Going by last nights goings on in Washington I suppose we should grateful for a smooth transition of power in Tyrone from Stalin himself over to our new saviours Logan and Dooher.

That was STG's next step if Mickey had got another year.

LeoMc

Quote from: square_ball on January 07, 2021, 06:03:31 PM
Quote from: trailer on January 07, 2021, 02:52:21 PM

That was STG's next step if Mickey had got another year.
He would be of a similar mindset.

Angelo

Kyle Coney calls it a day.

Never really worked out for him at senior level but he was some player underage.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

Goals_Will_Come

Quote from: Angelo on January 07, 2021, 08:14:36 PM

Never really worked out for him at senior level but he was some player underage.
Wonder will any of the other boys cut from the panel call it retirement as well.

marty34

What age is he?

TwoUpTwoDown

Quote from: marty34 on January 07, 2021, 11:15:26 PM

What age is he?

He would be 30 if I'm guessing correctly. He could be involved yet if the latest injury rumour is true on the senior panel.

Kyle bags of talent, but similar to Lee Brennan in that I just don't think he has the pace or work ethic for county level.

Redhand Santa

Quote from: TwoUpTwoDown on January 07, 2021, 11:42:45 PM

What age is he?

He would be 30 if I'm guessing correctly. He could be involved yet if the latest injury rumour is true on the senior panel.

Kyle bags of talent, but similar to Lee Brennan in that I just don't think he has the pace or work ethic for county level.

What's the latest injury rumour?

TwoUpTwoDown

Apparently another bad injury for God's son. If true that lad has had nothing but bad luck on the injury front.

GetOverTheBar

Coney is an excellent player.

Probably a victim of playing styles. Look at how he plays for Ardboe, deep playmaker controlling then bursting through. Then look at when he comes in for Tyrone, wing forward and has to track some GPS burster. It must be hard to adapt no matter how good you are when you rarely play in what is your favourited position?

I wonder does he regret not staying with the Swans.

marty34

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on January 08, 2021, 09:27:35 AM

Probably a victim of playing styles. Look at how he plays for Ardboe, deep playmaker controlling then bursting through. Then look at when he comes in for Tyrone, wing forward and has to track some GPS burster. It must be hard to adapt no matter how good you are when you rarely play in what is your favourited position?

Is there a roll for that type of player in the gaa now i.e. a 'free spirit' who just does their own thing and floats all over the final third?

Angelo

Quote from: marty34 on January 08, 2021, 09:33:33 AM
Quote from: GetOverTheBar on January 08, 2021, 09:27:35 AM

Is there a roll for that type of player in the gaa now i.e. a 'free spirit' who just does their own thing and floats all over the final third?

If he's good enough there is. You could say Clifford or any top marksman will be given that license. But if you're given that license you're going to be targetted by the opposition and that's what was Coney's flaw for me. He didn't like the heat and if you're a top player playing at the top level then you're going to get dogged. McManus, Murphy, Clifford etc they all get that treatment and what separates the elite level players and those below them is if they can still perform with that.

What's the word on young Canavan so? As long as it's not the ACL, then hopefully he can come back this year to play a part. We've seen it before with the likes of Ronan O'Neill and Conor Clarke how an ACL can end during the early part of your career.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

Goals_Will_Come

Quote from: TwoUpTwoDown on January 07, 2021, 11:42:45 PM

What age is he?

Loaded with attacking options atm, they can certainly cover an injury without having to resort to calling players back in who they've cut from the panel.
Injury to canavan has the potential to provide more game time for Tiarnan Quinn and Paul Donaghy. So could be a big opportunity for them.