Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fuzzman

I didn't realise McClure was 23 as I thought he was younger. According to today's Irish news he played u21 in 2014
It seems like him and Sludden seem to be coming into the team looking much stronger than others who have been there for a while.

How many of the current squad are 35 or under? Mattie is 26 I think. Morgan is 25.

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: Fuzzman on March 02, 2017, 04:17:23 PM
I didn't realise McClure was 23 as I thought he was younger. According to today's Irish news he played u21 in 2014
It seems like him and Sludden seem to be coming into the team looking much stronger than others who have been there for a while.

How many of the current squad are 35 or under? Mattie is 26 I think. Morgan is 25.

Sean Cavanagh and Joe McMahon are/will be 34 at some point this year.

Justy will turn 31 this year.

Think Colm Cavanagh and McCarron will both turn 30 this year.

Mattie, Peter Harte and McNabb were all minors in 08 so will turn 27 at some stage this year.

Morgan, McAliskey, McCann, McNamee were all minor in 2009 so will be 26 at some stage this year.

Richie Donnelly, Sludden, O'Neill, McNulty and HP McGeary were all minors in 2010 so will turn 25 at some stage this year.

Conall McCann, Munroe, McCurry, McClure, Loughran and McCullagh were all minors in 2011 so will turn 24 at some stage this year.

Bradley, Hampsey, Kieran McGeary, Rory Brennan, Meyler and Cassidy were minor in 2012 so will turn 23 at some stage this year.

McShane, Burns and Fox were part of the u21 squad last year so will be 22 at some stage this year.

Lee Brennan is in his final year u21 this year so will turn 21 at some point, Mulgrew has another year left at u21 so will turn 20 at some point this year.

Not sure what age McCrory and Mickey O'Neill would be exactly, i would say around 28/29. Ronan McHugh is probably around 23?

It's a very young squad by and large with a good few exciting players there who have yet to firmly establish themselves yet so you'd imagine this side will be around for a while.

redzone

What age is Mickey out of interest

southtyronegael

Quote from: redzone on March 02, 2017, 07:45:26 PM
i think he around the same age as mick o dwyer.

Mikhailov

Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on March 02, 2017, 07:34:43 PM
Quote from: Fuzzman on March 02, 2017, 04:17:23 PM

Sean Cavanagh and Joe McMahon are/will be 34 at some point this year.

Justy will turn 31 this year.

Think Colm Cavanagh and McCarron will both turn 30 this year.

Mattie, Peter Harte and McNabb were all minors in 08 so will turn 27 at some stage this year.

Morgan, McAliskey, McCann, McNamee were all minor in 2009 so will be 26 at some stage this year.

Richie Donnelly, Sludden, O'Neill, McNulty and HP McGeary were all minors in 2010 so will turn 25 at some stage this year.

Conall McCann, Munroe, McCurry, McClure, Loughran and McCullagh were all minors in 2011 so will turn 24 at some stage this year.

Bradley, Hampsey, Kieran McGeary, Rory Brennan, Meyler and Cassidy were minor in 2012 so will turn 23 at some stage this year.

McShane, Burns and Fox were part of the u21 squad last year so will be 22 at some stage this year.

Lee Brennan is in his final year u21 this year so will turn 21 at some point, Mulgrew has another year left at u21 so will turn 20 at some point this year.

Not sure what age McCrory and Mickey O'Neill would be exactly, i would say around 28/29. Ronan McHugh is probably around 23?

It's a very young squad by and large with a good few exciting players there who have yet to firmly establish themselves yet so you'd imagine this side will be around for a while.

Brilliant Bomber - good info indeed.

Aaron Boone

Quote from: southtyronegael on March 02, 2017, 10:00:01 PM
Quote from: redzone on March 02, 2017, 07:45:26 PM
i think he around the same age as mick o dwyer.

Mickey born in 1952, so coming up on 65.

HalfBack7

Any word on the pitch at Healy? Will it be fit to hold tomorrow nights game?
Forecast for rain tonight and most of tomorrow.

Club boi

How embarrassing will it be if another match is called off

Wouldn't surprise me ATM, Omagh is a shambles

You would think the County Board should have Back Up Plan by this stage

Fuzzman

They do have a backup plan. Carrickmore or Edendork.
I've heard that they want to give Omagh every chance for tomorrow night but I'd say they will wait to see how much rain falls tonight and decide tomorrow afternoon.

Apparently they wanted to call it off much earlier last week and photos were sent to Croke Park HQ but they were keen it would go ahead and so told the ref to decide when he got there and so that's why it was such a late decision.

Club boi

That'll be a first you admitting a Back Up plan. You must be on the County Board, and trying to blame Croke Park is straight From The book of Trump/Arlene - Blame everyone but Ourselves 

Although Deciding tomorrow afternoon when the game is Tomorrow night is what causes the frustration with EVERYONE. I wasn't aware Carmen or Edendork had sufficient lights to play a county game

RedHandTom

Why not just run with plan B now and be fair to all supporters. Thus waiting till hours before the game is a joke.

In other news the u21s hammered Ballinderry last night.

Take Your Points

Quote from: HalfBack7 on March 03, 2017, 10:51:54 AM
Any word on the pitch at Healy? Will it be fit to hold tomorrow nights game?
Forecast for rain tonight and most of tomorrow.

Raining all day in Omagh and will continue into the night. Slightly less rain due tomorrow.  A decent pitch might be able to handle it but the gluey Healy Park will not be allowing the water to move into the clay beneath it.

If there is a plan B it should be in place by now.

skeog

Sunday in Edendork or Carrickmore looks likely in the event of pitch being unplayable.

Aaron Boone

Quote from: skeog on March 03, 2017, 07:21:47 PM
Sunday in Edendork or Carrickmore looks likely in the event of pitch being unplayable.

And likely following week too for rearranged Cavan game. But that's Plan C.

Wee Roddy

I was told Carrickmore were on standby until today. There is a minor match on tomorrow afternoon and some of the girls teams are playing on it on Sunday morning. Obviously the men in charge do not think the crowd can be facilitated. It is a shame because I would have liked to see an atoo sphere at a Tyrone league game for a changer