2019 All Ireland Football Qualifiers

Started by Don Draper, June 11, 2019, 02:38:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Silkyskillssunshinee

I'd like to see O'Carroll back in the team against Cork. Munnelly did decent, but O'Carroll on form is a potential game winner.

I'd also like to see Sean Byrne in from the start. He was excellent when he came on against Derry.

SCFC

Totally depends which Cork team turn up.

The way they played against an admittedly lethargic Kerry team in the Munster final would be a cause for concern but they can be absolutely terrible at times.

They'll definitely be delighted with the draw themselves and a shot at the Super 8's.

On our team, it would be great if Begley or Timmons became available. I think Scully must start and Evan might edge Ross out next day. Where was Boyle Saturday? Went from starting v Derry to outside the 26. Injured?

Heshs Umpire

We'll probably need a minimum of two goals to beat Cork. Would be great to see Donie closer to the goal for that purpose alone. Or maybe the brother can repeat the feat of last year against Westmeath!
Well I could keep it above
But then it wouldn't be sky anymore

Unlaoised

Not the draw I wanted I fear the pace of Cork big time .
Still never going to be easy no matter who .

I know it couldn't have happened but I'd have loved another wrap at Meath
I think Clare will beat them
LAOIS ABÚ

Tony

I think it's the perfect draw, in the sense that, Cork are ahead of us on paper, yet they're not in the very top 6 counties in the country. What I mean by that, is, they're a good test to see if we're at that level, yet. If we beat them, we deserve to be in the Super 8's. If we don't beat them, then it means we're not on that level yet, and we work on ourselves for 2020. As Sugrue likes to say, it's a test to measure ourselves against better opposition and see where we're at. It really is bonus territory, now, in my opinion. But it'd be some achievement to get to the Super 8's, no matter what happens. If we beat Cork, then we certainly deserve to be there. My prediction is a 4 to 6 point victory for Cork - I think they'll have too much for us currently, but let's see how we measure up on Saturday.

Jellyfish

Does anybody know how the injuries are coming along or if Timmons, Begley or Boyle are fit enough for game time at the weekend?
To be tough enough to win, you must first be tough enough to lose.

Don Draper

Quote from: Jellyfish on July 02, 2019, 11:17:05 AM
Does anybody know how the injuries are coming along or if Timmons, Begley or Boyle are fit enough for game time at the weekend?
Timmons - No
Other two will be marginal calls on the day.

Tony

Laois team named for Saturday:

LAOIS: Graham Brody (Portlaoise); Stephen Attride (Killeshin), Denis Booth (The Heath), Gareth Dillon (Portlaoise); Trevor Collins (Graiguecullen), Robert Pigott (Portarlington), Patrick O'Sullivan (Portarlington); John O'Loughlin (St Brigid's), Kieran Lillis (Portlaoise); Daniel O'Reilly (Griaguecullen), Donie Kingston (Arles-Killeen), Marty Scully (Ballyroan-Abbey); Paul Kingston (Arles-Killeen), Colm Murphy (Portarlington), Ross Munnelly (Arles-Kilcruise).

Brandon

I'm from cork and live in cork but I follow laois in football and hurling because my grandad use to bring me to the games since 2005 and still does. Where I'm from in cork (cobh) they only care about hurling so I changed club and stared playing up here. I hope laois do beat them which I think they will, can't wait to slag my friends. I've been waiting for years for this. Cork have a few players injured. Cmon LAOIS

redsetanta

So are you kicking football in Laois? Welcome by the way!
The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. VinceLombardi

Unlaoised

I think that tram might just start .
Begley is close very close .

Crowd will be lost in thurles a smaller venue would have suited Laois better I think.

Nothing to fear from Cork if we can keep it tight we can certainly trouble them
LAOIS ABÚ

Giovanni

Junior Ex Laoistalk

Winners are not those who never fail, but those who never quit!

vetoldthe

I GAVE UP SECOND-QUESSING WHAT TEAM SUGRUE PICK,

THAT MAN HAS OUTFOX ME EVERY TIME.

smcder

Has he not just named the team that started the last day?

So probable a couple changes before throw in.