Dublin v Kerry All Ireland Final 2019

Started by Hereiam, August 12, 2019, 01:27:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rossfan

At least the Minor game will be interesting.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

t_mac

Quote from: The Hill is Blue on August 31, 2019, 12:33:35 PM
Quote from: tonto1888 on August 31, 2019, 11:09:29 AM
Quote from: balladmaker on August 31, 2019, 01:21:36 AM
Quote from: Cunny Funt on August 30, 2019, 09:43:49 PM
I see Peter Canavan who has been pretty spot on all summer has predicted Dublin to win on Sunday by a double figures margin.

I've a feeling that Dublin could give Kerry an awful hammering, not just to seal the 5 in a row, but to inflict a mental scar on the Kingdom that wouldn't be forgotten for a generation or two.  A 10 - 15 point margin could be on the cards.  But hey, I'd love to be wrong.

When have Dublin hammered anyone in an AI final by anywhere near that amount

1977 v Armagh

Maybe it could be a 1978.

henrym14

Quote from: An Watcher on August 30, 2019, 08:39:58 PM
Hardly 20 pages, two days before an All-Ireland final. Says it all really. Not sure if I'll even tune in myself

If your looking for a serious discussion on this forum your in the wrong place. Place is full of trolls from Mayo and Roscommon.

t_mac

Quote from: henrym14 on August 31, 2019, 01:17:07 PM
Hardly 20 pages, two days before an All-Ireland final. Says it all really. Not sure if I'll even tune in myself

If your looking for a serious discussion on this forum your in the wrong place. Place is full of trolls from Mayo and Roscommon.

What's to discuss, a professional GAA team is going for 5 in a row - you can use that quote for the foreseeable future and just replace 5 with the next ascending number.

From the Bunker

The lead up to this game reminds me of the 2006 final.

The talk in Mayo was not about winning that year, it was all about staying in the game for as long as possible and not getting a shameful hiding.

rrhf

Kerry were so poor in the semi final, and but for Tyrone dropping the heads they should have been beat. They looked naive and clueless in the first half. Unless Dublin freeze it's highly unlikely there. Will be much of a challenge... surely..

Captain Obvious

In fairness even the trolls aren't paying much attention to this final as they see it as a foregone conclusion.

Then you have c**k sure dubs like this fella desperate for a reaction.

Quote from: The Hill is Blue on August 31, 2019, 12:51:24 PM

Kerry will be formidable opponents and to predict a result you might as well toss a coin. We'll go in hope.

tonto1888

Quote from: The Hill is Blue on August 31, 2019, 12:33:35 PM
Quote from: tonto1888 on August 31, 2019, 11:09:29 AM
Quote from: balladmaker on August 31, 2019, 01:21:36 AM
Quote from: Cunny Funt on August 30, 2019, 09:43:49 PM
I see Peter Canavan who has been pretty spot on all summer has predicted Dublin to win on Sunday by a double figures margin.

I've a feeling that Dublin could give Kerry an awful hammering, not just to seal the 5 in a row, but to inflict a mental scar on the Kingdom that wouldn't be forgotten for a generation or two.  A 10 - 15 point margin could be on the cards.  But hey, I'd love to be wrong.

When have Dublin hammered anyone in an AI final by anywhere near that amount

1977 v Armagh

I should have said recently

dublin7

Quote from: t_mac on August 31, 2019, 01:52:21 PM

What's to discuss, a professional GAA team is going for 5 in a row - you can use that quote for the foreseeable future and just replace 5 with the next ascending number.

There are more posts from Mayo wums on this thread than dublin fans for obvious reasons.

Hopefully Dubs can make history tomorrow and I can't wait for the game

under the bar

Good luck to Kerry tomorrow v Team Sky/ Man City. Now they've bought their way to football dominance GAA HQ has funded €5M for them to buy Tiger Woods sperm to breed a new generation of hurlers to take over.

WT4E

Honestly not going to watch final for the first time. Congratulations to the dubs the most boring period in GAA history.

Wildweasel74

Kerry to turn up the mor and turn it on,  but alias it wouldn't make a difference. They need rattle the net 3 times to win this game.

imtommygunn

You have to feel for brogan not making the 26.

Dublin by 7.

Zulu

Looking forward to what should be a great game. A lot needs to go right for Kerry but they're the second bet team in Ireland with, possibly, the best forward line so they've a punchers chance.