Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TacadoirArdMhacha

QuoteOn other note the league gets exciting at this stage - typical though that it is the relegation battle that has the excitement and not the top of the table....

In fairness, Cross running away with the League the way they have done this year hasn't been that common over the years. Of the 12 championships a row, how many leagues would they have won in that period? They were definitely a few years they didn't.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

Our Nail Loney

gaapunter i foresee brilliant contributions from you! what age are you? are you old enough to punt 'son' ??

fred the red

Nail, any odds on brian mallon 1st goalscorer on sunday?

Our Nail Loney

Quote from: fred the red on July 18, 2008, 06:40:09 PM

12/1 fred... would give ya 14/1 if ya came into my place dressed like this

fred the red

Quote from: Our Nail Loney on July 18, 2008, 06:57:51 PM
Quote from: fred the red on July 18, 2008, 06:40:09 PM

12/1 fred... would give ya 14/1 if ya came into my place dressed like this

Weres your place?

Our Nail Loney

el_cuervo_fc

Ogs v St Pats match abandoned at half time.

Paudi Hughes called the game off at the break after being threatened by the St Pats physio when coming off the field.

Pearse Ogs were winning 10 - 4

downtown

That man is a complete tool - always has to be centre of attention!! Any other scores from tonights games?

TacadoirArdMhacha

QuoteOgs v St Pats match abandoned at half time.

Paudi Hughes called the game off at the break after being threatened by the St Pats physio when coming off the field.

Was he actually threatened or was it just the same verbals you hear at every match up and down the country? First of all, our physio shouldn't have said a word to the referee. No doubt about that - whatever his grievances about the two injuries we picked up in the first half, one from a late challenge that went unpunsihed, there's no point giving off the referee and he should have kept his cool. The verbal abuse referees get is undeserved for doing such a thankless task. But why in the hell could Paudie Hughes not have reacted the same way any referee with any ounce of common sense would have and sent the physio off the pitch and reported him for verbal abuse? Absolutely no need to call an entire match off. Would he have done the same thing if an intercounty physio gave him bad manners during a big game at Croke Park? Complete joke what happened tonight.

As for the match itself, Ogs were well on top and it would have taken a big second half turnaround for Cullyhanna to get back into the game. Our main concerns is the injuries we picked up with the championship only a week away. Stephen Reel and Paul Toner were both carried off with bad enough looking injuries, indeed Paul went to hospital after being challenged after kicking an excellent point. Mal Mackin was also unfit to start so it was a bit of a disastrous night all round.

crossfire

Cross beat maghery by 4 points,

Good, high scoring, game.

Uladh

Paudie disgraces himself again. some things never change

el_cuervo_fc

Quote from: TacadoirArdMhacha on July 18, 2008, 10:14:46 PM
QuoteOgs v St Pats match abandoned at half time.

Was he actually threatened or was it just the same verbals you hear at every match up and down the country? First of all, our physio shouldn't have said a word to the referee. No doubt about that - whatever his grievances about the two injuries we picked up in the first half, one from a late challenge that went unpunsihed, there's no point giving off the referee and he should have kept his cool. The verbal abuse referees get is undeserved for doing such a thankless task. But why in the hell could Paudie Hughes not have reacted the same way any referee with any ounce of common sense would have and sent the physio off the pitch and reported him for verbal abuse? Absolutely no need to call an entire match off. Would he have done the same thing if an intercounty physio gave him bad manners during a big game at Croke Park? Complete joke what happened tonight.

As for the match itself, Ogs were well on top and it would have taken a big second half turnaround for Cullyhanna to get back into the game. Our main concerns is the injuries we picked up with the championship only a week away. Stephen Reel and Paul Toner were both carried off with bad enough looking injuries, indeed Paul went to hospital after being challenged after kicking an excellent point. Mal Mackin was also unfit to start so it was a bit of a disastrous night all round.

I don't know what exactly was said because both teams were in the changing rooms at the time.  I think he could have sent the physio off the pitch and the match could have been played on. 

Paul Toner looked to be sore when he was coming off the field. 

It will be interesting to hear what the referees report will be to the county board.  What will happen with the points??

twotwocharlie

Paudi was spot on .
same ould shite from cullyhanna.

TacadoirArdMhacha

QuoteIt will be interesting to hear what the referees report will be to the county board.  What will happen with the points??

I'd be amazed if Ogs didn't get the points. There's no way the county board won't back their intercounty referee.

QuotePaudi was spot on .
same ould shite from cullyhanna.

So no one from Pearse Ogs ever gives a referee any stick?

pats-mc

Wasnt at the match myself but I hear that Paul Toner has a broken ankle and is possibly out for the rest of the season.

As usual Paidi nakes himself the centre of attention at all times.He just loves to hear himself talk and to act dramatically.